- Article on Photosynthesis and Transpiration Rates in SRI Clarifies Effects on Growth and Yield
[July 2015] A forthcoming article by Hidayati et al in the HAYATI Journal of Bioscience has furthered our understanding of photosynthesis and transpiration rates of rice cultivated with SRI methods and the effects these have on growth and yield. Some of the physiological parameters and the mechanism of rice yield improvement with SRI methods were studied during both vegetative and generative phases and compared to conventional rice cultivation methods. SRI practices significantly increased both vegetative and reproductive (generative) parameters of rice plants compared to conventional cultivation methods. Photosynthetic rate, chlorophyll content, N and P uptake under SRI cultivation were significantly higher compared to those of the conventional rice cultivation, although no differences were found in transpiration rate and leaf temperature. Plants in their generative phase (especially in the grain-filling phase) with SRI methods had the highest photosynthetic and the lowest transpiration rates. SRI grain yield was significantly higher (ca. 24%) than that grown with conventional methods. (See full article for further discussion of the findings).
- Indonesian Delegation
Attends SE Asia Regional SRI Conference in Malaysia
[June 2015] The Southeast Asia Conference on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI), held May 26-28, 2015, in Alor Setar, Malaysia, was attended by four participants from Indonesia: Profs. Budi Setiawan and Iswandi Anas, Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB), Rita Mustikasari, PT Martani, and Mohd Ulil Ahsan from the People’s Coalition on Food Sovereignty. The Indonesian participants gave presentations on their activities during the conference and attended additional events on IPM and the SRI Global Research Network. Iswandi Anas also attended the special session on the multi-country SRI-Rice Arsenic project, which he is taking part in. During the final day of the workshop, representatives of the SRI national networks from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam met and decided to work toward creating a Southeast Asia Regional SRI Network. Budi Setiawan, who recently became head of the Indonesian SRI Network (Ina-SRI) and Iswandi Anas, previous head of Ina-SRI, represented Indonesia in SE Asia Network meetings. An interview with Dr. Setiawan about SRI in Indonesia that was made at the conference is now available on the SRI-Rice YouTube channel.
- Accounts of SRI in the Press from Across Indonesia Increase during 2014
[December 31, 2014] During 2014, SRI-Rice founds 25 articles in the online press about SRI in Indonesia. The articles came from 13 provinces on the islands of Bali, Flores, Java (Banten, Central Java, East Java, West Java), Kalimantan (East Kalimantan, South Kalimantan), Sulawesi (South Sulawesi), and Sumatera (Bengkulu, Lampung, North Sumatera, West Sumatera). These reports indicated that government agencies, industry (through CSR), non-governmental organizations and even the army are getting involved in SRI in a growing number of regencies throughout Indonesia. To read the details of these articles, see the articles in the press section below.
- Indonesia Represented at International SRI Events in Thailand
[November 10, 2014] Iswandi Anas, head of the Indonesia's Ina-SRI Network and Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, participated in the Workshop on Smallholder Crop Production Equipment for SRI, held November 1-3, 2014, at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Pathumthani, Thailand, and The Workshop on Building Alliances around SRI and Agro-Ecology (October 26-27). SRI-related posters he co-authored with Nurul Hidayati, Triadiati, and others, were also on display at the 4th International Rice Congress and Workshop (October 27-31), Bangkok, Thailand. (See posters on root morphology, physiological/morphological changes and ratooning.)
- Organic Fair Trade SRI Rice is Exported from Central Java to Belgium and Germany
[August 28, 2013] The Appoli Farmer Association in Boyolali, Central Java, achieved its IMO organic and fair trade certifications in January 2013 and began exporting to Belgium and Germany in August 2013 under BloomAgro's Sunria brand name. The members of the association are shown at right packing red and white rice varieties for shipping. Appoli's fields with IMO certification also have the the national organic certification for Indonesia so that it can also sell organic SRI rice in the domestic market.
The international certification process took three years and was facilitated by VECO (a Belgian NGO), Lembaga Studi Kemasyarakatan Bina Bakat (LSKBB, a local NGO) and BloomAgro, an Indonesian exporter who also exports organic SRI rice from the Simpatik Cooperative in Tasik Malaya, West Java. [Read more about the development of Appoli and Simpatik and their association with Bloom Agro's Sunria brand.]
- SRI Planted on 207,000 Hectares in 29 Provinces in Indonesia during 2012
[April 15, 2012] According to a representative of the Directorate of Agricultural Extension and Land Management, the Ministry of Agriculture's national program to extend the System of Rice Intensification in Indonesia resulted in SRI implementation on approximately 207,000 ha. in 29 provinces during 2012. During 2013, SRI is planned to be extended to 250,000 ha. and in 2014, an additional 250,000 ha. (source: e-mail from Iswandi Anas)
- Dr. Iswandi Anas Gives SRI Presentations in Malaysia and Japan
Iswandi Anas, Chairman of the Indonesian SRI Association (Ina-SRI) in Indonesia, presented information on soil health and SRI during the National Workshop on Sustainable Rice Production: Re-Visiting IPM in Malaysia. The workshop, organized by the Malaysia's SRI-Mas Network, was held at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) on September 12-13, 2012. Some of the 202 participants are shown in the photo at right. (See Anas presentation.)
Dr. Anas subsequently traveled to Japan where he made a presentation on CH4 mitigation options for rice in Indonesia at the MARCO Symposium 2012 (Strengthening Collaboration to Meet Agroenvironmental Challenges in Monsoon Asia) on September 24-27. Following the symposium, he made a presentation on SRI in Indonesia to the J-SRI Network at the University of Tokyo (Anas is in the center of photo at left; J-SRI Chairman, Eiji Yamaji is to his right) . The J-SRI meeting, which was attended by 30 people, including professors, students and farmers, also included presentations on the Dominican Republic and Cambodia.
For 1999-2011 SRI activities, see SRI Indonesia Archives
Reports and General Articles
- Siyami, Bu. 2016. "Agroecology has changed our lives for the better (p.18)," In Making the case for agroecology, Farming Matters 32(3). September.
- Nawangwulan, Rati. 2016. Technology and agriculture: The perspective of a young rice scientist. The GRAR Blog. April 13. [Story about Febri Doni, an Indonesian grad student at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, while he was attending the Global Conference on Agricultural Research for Development in Johannesburg, South Africa, 5-8 April, 2016.]
- Kulsum, Eniyati. 2015. Kelebihan dan kekurangan SRI. Rumah Petani blog. August 16.
- 2015. Panen raya padi Srimartani BAZNAS-BRI Syariah-FTP UGM. BAZNAS website. March 9. [Srimartani Village, Kabupaten Bantul, celebrated the harvest, which averaged 10 tons/as in a Zakat Community Development Programme in cooperation BAZNAS, BRI Syariah and the UGM Faculty of Agricultural Technology. UIJI Japan-Indonesia Student Exchange and KKN UGM students also participated.]
- 2014. Dengan metode ini, produksi padi petani Langkat meningkat. Seruu.com. September 14. [Farmers in Sirapit, Langkat, North Sumatera, practicing SRI on 100 ha. average 9.5 tons/ha]
- Muhajir, Anton. 2014. Menjaga bumi mbay dengan pertanian alami. Mogabay, August 21. [Farmers in Mbay on the island of Flores carry out organic SRI]
- Welsing, Anne. 2012. Organic rice from the land of volcanoes: Visiting Emily Sutanto and "her" organic farmers on Java. Oneco (Organic News Community) website. December 20.
- Herlinger, Chris. 2011. Focus on reducing disasters: "One way we are making a difference." Church World Service website. October 13.
- Uphoff, Norman. 2011. Report on visit to Indonesia, July 8-13, 2011, to learn about S.R.I. progress. CIIFAD. System of Rice Intensification website. July 8-13. (14p., 1.06MB pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- 2011. Indonesia to up reliance on intensification sys. for rice output. ReportLinker Academic website. March 28. [source: Asia Pulse]
- 2011. Mentan panen perdana padi SRI organik di Muara Enim. Berita Pertanian Online. March 18.
- 2011. Menteri Pertanian RI panen perdana padi SRI organik. Portal Resmi Pemerintah Kabutpatan Muara Enim. March 14.
- 2011. Inside Indo's organic rice. Time Out Jakarta (Indonesia), January, Food and Drink section.
- Sahana, Cuk. 2010. UGM sosialisasikan tehnik bertani tanpa boros air. Okezone.com Kampus website. October 28.
- 2010. Jurusan Teknik Pertanian UGM Dampingi Petani Kembangkan SRI. Universitas Gadjah Mada website. October 28.
- 2010. SRI Rice (System of Rice Intensification). Aceh Livelihoods Network website. September 22. [A project of the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction with sub-project in Aceh conducted by Keumang Melati Community Group, which has 28 households (all women).]
- 2010. SRI harvest paddy preparation. MicroAid Projects blog (Aceh, Indonesia). July 28.
- 2010. A Philanthropy advisor in Indonesia, Part 4: Rice innovation in a small village. Asia Philanthropy Forum. June 24.
- Suiatna, R. Utju. 2009-2010. Papers available on the ifoorganik.com website:
- [2007-2010]. Paguyubansri blog. [Information about SRI organic in Ngawi East Java]
- Soetiarso, Lilik. 2010. Dynamic model of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) for strengthening food security in Indonesia. Lilik Soetiarso home page. Dept. of Agricultural Engineering. Universitas Gadja Mada website. March 17.
- 2009. Beras SRI Tasik Ikut Pameran di Jerman. KabarIndonesia website. December 30.
- Cook, Gillian, and Tim O'Connor. 2009. Rice aplenty in Aceh. Caritas News No. 118.(Aceh Update). Spring edition. pp. 10-11.
- Listyanti, Agita Sukma. 2009. 2 tahun diperkenalkan, SRI menarik 50 persen warga Gunting. suarasurabaya.net website. March 18.
- 2008. SRI, teknologi ramah lingkungan. portalHR website. July, Edition 52.
- 2008. Sustainable Agriculture Project. Rotary Club of Bali Ubud website. [see internal documents: SRI project phase II and associated field photos]
- 2008. Meski Musim Kering Padi SRI Tetap Tumbuh. Republik Indonesia, Departemen Pekerjaan Umun. PUNet website.
- Uphoff, Norman. 2008. Report on visit to Indonesia to review SRI progress. System of Rice Intensification website. January 11-18. (30p. pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- Kalsim, Dedi K., Yushar, Subari, Marasi Deon and Ahmad Hanhan. 2007. Rancangan operasional irigasi untuk pengembangan SRI (Irrigation operational design for SRI development). Paper presented at the Seminar KNI-ICID, 24 November 24, in Bandung, Indonesia. (16 p. pdf)
- Uphoff, Norman. 2005. Report on visit to Indonesia for review of current status of the SRI. System of Rice Intensification website. September 8-15, 2005. (19p. pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- Agustyanto, Peni and Thijssen, Rik. 2004. SRI atau bukan SRI. Salam Magazine 9:8-10 [No longer online]
- 2003. Uphoff, Norman and Erick Fernandes. Sistem intensificasi padi tersebar pesat. Majalah Salam 3:20-27 [Salam Magazine is the Indonesian Language version LEISA, an English language publication for development practitioners.]
- Uphoff, Norman. 2003. Indonesia SRI Trip Report. CIIFAD. System of Rice Intensification website. January 8-13. (4p. pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- Justin Rabenandrasana. 2002. Revolusi dalam intensifkasi padi. Majalah Salam 1:10-11
- Gani, Anischan, T.S. Kadir, A. Jatiharti, I.P. Wardhana, and I. Las. 2002. The System of Rice Intensification in Indonesia. Paper presented at the international conference on Assessments of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI), April 1-4, in Sanya, China.
- Tanam padi metode SRI hemat pupuk [Magelang regency maps 36,882 ha. of SRI fields]
February 15, 2016, Suara Merdeka Cetak (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia)
- Tahun 2016, Aceh Utara targetkan 489 ton lebih produksi padi [For 2016, 489,926 tons of paddy are targeted to be produced with SRI in North Aceh regency.]
February 3, 2016, WOL (Aceh, Indonesia)
- Petani Pati sukses panen padi mentik wangi organik 9,7 ton [Central Java farmer groups gets 9.7 ton yield with organic SRI and mentik wangi variety]
February 3, 2016, MuriaNewsCom (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia) [See similar article in Antara News]
- Dinas Pertanian Bondowoso datangkan tim setrifikasi independen dalam upaya tingkatkan hasil pertanian organik [Dept of Ag in Bondowoso Regency seeks to accelerate organic ag with SRI]
January 28, 2016, BeritaLima (East Java, Indonesia)
- Pesisir Selatan targetkan produksi padi 327,5 ribu ton [SRI encouraged to meet Pesisir Selatan regency's 2016 rice production target.]
January 27, 2016, Kinciakincia.com (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- Kelompok tani ini panen padi organik 9,4 ton per hektare [SRI harvest by farmer group in Pati, Central Java, reaches 9.4 t/ha while conventional is 4.5 t/ha.]
January 14, 2016, Republika News (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia) [Similar article in Koran Pati]
- Aceh Utara kembangkan varieties padi 3S
January 12, 2016, Wol (Aceh, Indonesia)
- Wicaksono, Guntur Eko. 2015. Kementan bagi-bagi traktor. Bogor Today, October 20, (West Java, Indonesia) [SRI credited with 10.4 ton/ha yield on 400 ha of padi in Bogor, surpassing the 6.6 ton.ha target]
- Pulo Godang didorong Sentra lumbung padi (Harvest festival of 10 farmers groups who maintained a 10 ha demplot that got SRI of 9.3 tons/ha.]
December 19, 2015, Harian Analisa (Tapanuli Selatan, Indonesia)
- Dinas Pertanian Lebak dorong petani kembangkan beras merah [Dept. of Ag from Lebak Regency promotes organic red rice production using SRI methods.]
November 28, 2015, Berita Satu (Banten, Indonesia)
- Pemkot Madiun kembangkan tanaman padi teknologi "SRI"
November 4, 2015, Antatra Jatim (Jawa Timur, Indonesia)
- Gubernur Syahrul YL panen raya padi di Tomoni Lutim (Governor of South Sulawesi reviews SRI methods at harvest festival)
November 2, 2015, Rakyatku.com (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Menristekdikti dorong pertanian organik
November 1, 2015, AntaraLampung.com (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Purba, Gervin Nathaniel. 2015. Program Upsus sokong produksi padi meningkat 6,64% di 2015. Metrotvnews.com. October 20. (West Java, Indonesia) [SRI among the activities suggested by Minister of Agriculture to raise yields.]
- Agam kembangkan pola tanam SRI seluas 280 hektare
October 8, 2015, Sumbar Online (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- Demi panggilan luhur, rela kami berlumpur
September 3, 2015, Tabloid Sinartani (Sumatera Barat, Indonesia)
- 2015. Program ketahanan pangan digeber. Samarinda Pos, September 1. (East Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- 2015. Banyuwangi succeeds with new system of rice cultivation. Antara News, August 17. (East Java, Indonesia) [Govt. in Banuwangi district, East Java, to expand to 2,500 ha. of SRI through 59 farmer goups during 2015.]
- 2015. Demi panggilan luhur, rela kami berlumpur. Tabloid Sinartani, September 3, 2015,(Sumatera Barat, Indonesia)
- KODIM 0709 Kebumen. 2015. Panen padi perdana pengembangan System Of Rice Intensification (SRI). KODIM 0709/Kebumen website. August 3. (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia) [Harvest festival for SRI fields in Kebumen Regency of Central Java, attended by miliary.]
- 2015. Musim tanam 2015, Korotinondo terapkan SRI July 28, 2015, Ujungpandang Ekspres (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia) [Luwu Timur farmers group adopts SRI with help from PT VALE Indonesia and Yayasan Aliksa Organik.]
- Prasetya, Lukas Adi. 2015. Petani Makarti Jaya pun menatap peluang. Kompas, July 23. (Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia) [Farmers in Makarti Jaya, East Kalimantan, Indonesia increase yields from 3.6 t/ha to 7.2 t/ha with organic SRI.]
- Kristianto, Feri. 2015. Pemkab Gianyar dan Bank Indonesia ingin pecahkan rekor MURI tanam padi. Kabar24, July 7. (Bali, Indonesia) [SRI demplot sponsored by Gianyar govt. and Bank Indonesia set a record by having 777 people simultaneously plant SRI fields in Tampaksiring, Gianyar.]
- Ndoen, Ferry (ed.). 2015. Petani Lewa tanam padi dengan pola SRI panen dua kali lipat. Pos Kupang, May 22. (Nusa Tenggara Timur, Indonesia)
- 2015. Babinsa pantau tanaman program System of Rice Intensification. Lintas Kebumen, May 30. [Military works on extending SRI to 20 ha. in Buayan district, Kebumen Regency, Central Java]
- ABD. 2015. BI Bali tanam padi terapkan teknologi SRI. MetroTVNews, April 21. (Bali, Indonesia)
- Saputro, Christophorus Aji (ed.). 2015. 7 teknologi peningkatan produktivitas padi. Jitunews, April 14. (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Julianto (ed.). 2015. Stimlasi anggaran untuk suksesnya Upsus. Sinartani, April 8. [Govt. to promote SRI on 200,000 ha. in conjunction with food self-sufficiency push.]
- Nugroho, Joko. 2015. Gerakan tanam padi. Antara News (West Sumatera, Indonesia). March 6. [Photo of the Governor and Ag Dept Head of West Sumatera planting rice with SRI methods in conjunction with effort to raise rice provinical rice production to 3 million tons by 2017.]
- Sudirman. 2015. PT Vale latih petani Luwu Timur cara bertani ramah lingkungan. Tribun-timur.com. March 5. (South Sulwesi, Indonesia) [The NGO Aliksa Organik SRI trained 50 farmers and 22 extension workers in Luwu Timur Regency of South Sulawesi, Indonesia, in organic SRI methods]
- Sujatmiko, Tomi. 2015. BKP3 Bantul terus lakukan penyuluhan. Kedaulatan Rakyat, February 9. (Jogjakarta, Indonesia) [SRI among methods recommended by for govt.rice production extnesion in Bantul Regency.]
- Widiyanto, Danar. 2015. Albatan, solusi pendongkrak produksi beras. Kedaulatan Rakyat, February 4. (Jogjakarta, Indonesia) [Food Security Agency (BKP3) use "albantan" marking tool for SRI in Bantul Regency.]
- Padangpanjang sudah swasembada pangan [Govt. program to expand rice production in PandanPanjang already uses SRI.]
February 2, 2015, Posmetro Padang (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- 2015. Padangpanjang sudah swasembada pangan. Posmetro Padang, February 2. (West Sumatera, Indonesia)[Govt. program to expand rice production in PandanPanjang already uses SRI.]
- Wredho, Agung. 2015. Petani bangkit karena "SRI". Koran Jakarta, January 4. [SRI, an environment-friendly innovation is promoted by Yayasan Aliksa Organic SRI and Medco Foundation.]
- Wredho, Agung. 2014. Memandang tanah sebagai "sistem hidup". Koran Jakarta, December 14. [SRI, an environment-friendly innovation is promoted by Yayasan Aliksa Organic SRI and Medco Foundation.]
- 2014. Lebak genjot produksi padi. skalanews, November 24. (Banten, Indonesia) [Plans to boost paddy production in Lebak, Banten, include SRI adoption based on farmer 6.2 ton/ha yields in Muncang district.]
- Widianto, Eko. 2014. IPB buka klinik pertanian di Malang. Tempo.co, November 3. (East Java, Indonesia) [Bogor Agricultural Institute opens an agricultural clinic in Malang; SRI among suggestions for farmers there.]
- ebf. 2014. Countries must spur more
investment in small-scale
agriculture, say experts. Jakarta Post, October 28 [SRI should be a top priority for research and development.]
- FIR. 2014. Padi hemat air dikembangkan di Lampung Selatan. BeritaSatu.com, October 2. (Lampung, Indonesia) [Government promotes SRI for water conservation in Lampung Regency]
- Daryono. 2014. Bogor panen raya padi organik. Tunas Bangsa, October 2. (Bogor, Indonesia)
- Rizki, Mochamad Januar. 2014. Berkat GO SRI, produksi padi meningkat, ongkos tanam lebih hemat. GATRA News, September 29. (West Java, Indonesia) [Farmers in Bandung Regency, West Java, adopt SRI with the help of Ganesha Organic System of Rice Intensification (GO SRI), founded by alumni from Institut Technologi Bandung as a CSR initiative.]
- 2014. Tambah bantuan Rp200 juta paket pupuk organik. NERACA, September 29. (Re: Bali, Indonesia) [Cash amount accompanying the organic fertilizer production units provided by the Govt. to be increased during 2015, though the number of units provided will be decreased.]
- Widianto, Eko. 2014. Malang surplus 65 ribu ton beras berkat SRI. Tempo.co, September 21. (Jawa Timur, Indonesia) [Bupati of Malang Regency, East Java, suggests SRI to overcome rice production limitations related to land and water availability.]
- Rizki, Mochamad Januar. 2014. Berkat GO SRI, produksi padi meningkat, ongkos tanam lebih hemat. GATRA News, September 29. [Farmers in Bandung Regency, West Java, adopt SRI with the help of Ganesha Organic System of Rice Intensification (GO SRI), founded by alumni from Institut Technologi Bandung as a CSR initiative.]
- Adam, Mohammad, and D.A. Pitaloka. 2014. Waspada kekeringan, ini cara kabupaten Malang naikkan produksi beras. VIVA.co.id, September 22.
- Widianto, Eko. 2014. Malang surplus 65 ribu ton beras berkat SRI. Tempo.co, Politik section. September 21.
- Fauzi, Imam. 2014.
Metode SRI tingkatkan produksi padi petani Langkat. Antara News, September 14. [Farmers in Sirapit, Langkat, North Sumatera, practicing SRI on 100 ha. average 9.5 tons/ha]
- 2014. Padi SRI tingkatkan produksi petani Langkat. Berita Satu, September 14. [Farmers in Sirapit, Langkat, North Sumatera, practicing SRI on 100 ha. average 9.5 tons/ha]
- Aditio, Ruli. 2014. Penanaman padi organik tetap dipertahankan. Suara Merdeka, August 8. [Organic farmers in Kudus, Central Java, using SRI are persist due to advantages, although they are not that many in total.]
- Arianto, Ferri. 2014. Mukomuko targetkan 500 haktar lahan sawit menjadi sawah. Antara News, June 30. [Government suggests using SRI on project to turn 500 ha. of oil palm plantation in Bengkulu Province into paddy.]
- Aditio, Ruli. 2014. Penaman padi organik dilaksanakan bertahap. Suara Merdeka, June 22. [Progress of organic SRI in Kudus Regency of Central Java]
- Adji, Yusuf. 2014. Terus ditingkatkan, upaya kejar target produksi padi Subang tahun 2014. Pikiran Rakyat, May 7. (West Java, Indonesia) [Dept. of Agriculture and Food Crops. Subang Regency (W. Java) is promoting SRI. An Ag. Dept. spokesperson said if each of Subang's 425 farmer groups plants 20 ha. of SRI, targeted 8,500 hectares of SRI paddy can be achieved this year. A number of trainings have taken place and the army is assisting.].
- Gusnita, Chazizah. 2014. Sekolah untuk para petani di Bali. Merdeka.com, May 2. (Bali, Indonesia) [Head of the Department of Agriculture and Food Crops, Province of Bali, hopes extend SRI to 7,800 ha. during 2014 through Farmer Field Schools (SLPTT). 5,800 ha. were reached last year. Bali currently has a total of 81,625 ha of paddy fields.)
- 2014. SRI ramah lingkungan dan ekonomis. Kaltim Post, May 9. [SRI to cover 18 districts in Kurai Kartenegara Regency, East Kalimantan]
- 2014. Pertanian organik untungkan petani (Organic farming profitable to farmers). Fajar Makassar, March 21. (South Sulawesi, Indonesia)
- 2014. Ini dia penyebab kandungan beras Subang mengandung klorin March 31. Republika Online (West Java, Indonesia) [Overuse of pesticides and fertilizer can be reduced with SRI]
- Zadmin. 2014. East Kalimantan cooperates with the Indonesian Army for food security.The President Post, March 5.
- Sasongko, Agung. 2014. TNI AD bantu Kalsel bangun ketahanan pangan. Republika Online, March 4 (South Kalimantan) [840 ha. of SRI to be included in food security project to be assisted by the army, which will open new lands among other activities.]
- 2014. Tingkatkan cetak sawah baru. Padang Ekspres, February 21. (West Sumatera) [Development of SRI in 50 farmer groups over 1,000 ha in Dharmasraya, West Sumatra, will be undertaken during 2014.]
- 2013. Pertanian Indonesia tak lagi bisa bertumpu pada sapi dan kerbau. Kompas, economy section. November 25. [Indonesian Deputy Minister of Ag promotes SRI]
- 2013. Produksi padi Sri bengalon hasilkan 7 ton/hektare. Kalimantan-News.com,October 9.
- 2013. Produksi beras Parepare capai 88.247 ton. Fajar Makassar, August 17. (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Unjianto, Bambang . 2013. Metode SRI siap diaplikasikan di 100 desa miskin. SuaraMerdeka, August 9. (Yogyakarta,Indonesia)
- Mik. 2013. KWT NU berhasil budidaya padi organik. Pontianak Post, August 1. (West Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- Fajriani, Dewi. 2013. Pengembangan padi SRI masih jadi anak tiri. Republika Online, April 15.
- Abdurahman, Maman . 2012. Lahan pangan abadi: Majalengka tetapkan 39.000 ha. Bisnis.com, December 25 (Majalengka, Indonesia)
- Ella Syafputri, Ella (ed.). 2012. Ahli pertanian: dua cara atasi krisis beras. ANTARA News, May 14.
- 2012. Budidaya padi hemat air SRI kembali dikembangkan,SuaraMerdeka, May11.
- Sofyan, Henry. 2012. SRI datang, panen lebih banyak, SuaraMerdeka, March 5.
- Zie/Mamay. 2011. Memuaskan, hasil program System of Rice Intensification.Tunas Bangsa, October 15.
- Indrasafitri, Dina. 2011. Mauliddin: One farmer's journey, The Jakarta Post, August 24, People section.
- Bakri. 2011. Petani asal Aceh Jaya ke istana, Serambi Indonesia, August 14.
- 2011. Targetkan kembangkan padi SRI 1,5 juta hektar, EkonomiBisnis, March 28.
- 2011. Kemtan targetkan padi SRI 1,5 juta hektare. Antara News - Jawa Timur, March 27.
- Nourkinan. 2011. Pakai SRI, Bupati Karawang Panen, PosKota, March 26.
- Zuhri, Ardani. 2011. Mentan RI Panen Panen Raya di Tanjungagung, Sriwijaya Post , March 12.
- Sarwindaningrum, Irene. 2011. Rezeki Besar Petani dari Padi Organik, Kompas, March 18.
- Susanto, Slamet. 2010. Lasiyo Syaifudin: Farming the smart way. The Jakarta Post, January 6.
- 2010. Two Japanese researchers on comparative study in Sukabumi, Antara News, February 8.
- 2010. Lebak kembangkan budidaya SRI, Media Indonesia (Banten, Indonesia), January 9.
- Peterson, Zack. 2009. My Jakarta: Emily Sutanto, Organic Rice Exporter,The Jakarta Globe, November 9. (reblogged by Indonesia Organic, April 16, 2010)
- Lestari, Diena. 2009. Kucuran keringat itu terbayar. Bisnis Indonesia, August 21.
- Udem, Michelle. 2009. An organic revolution blooms. The Jakarta Globe, August 2. (reblogged by Green Samplings)
- Sertori, Trisha. 2008. Intensive farming brings rewards,The Jakarta Post, November 27, Life section.
- Susanto, Slamet. 2008. Science boosts rice yields, The Jakarta Post, November 20.
- Heru CN. 2008. UGM to develop rice intensification, Tempointeractive, November 14.
- Nurhayati, Desi. 2007. Farmer told to use alternative rice planting method,The Jakarta Post, July 28.
- 2008. ADB ready to provide $30 m loan for RI`s rice development, ANTARA News, October 22.
- Hidayati, Nurul, Triadiati, and Iswandi Anas. 2016. Photosynthesis and transpiration rates of rice cultivated under the System of Rice Intensification and the effects on growth and yield. HAYATI Journal of Biosciences (in press, p.1-6, online July 16, 2016) doi: 10.1016/j.hjb.2016.06.002
- Adrianto, Joko. 2016. Analisis adopsi SRI (System of Rice Intensification) dan dampaknya terhadap efisiensi usahatani padi di Kabupaten Solok Selatan (Analysis of Adopti on SRI (System of Rice Intensification) and Its Impact on Rice Farming Efficiency in South Solok District). Master's thesis. Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) (Indonesia). (87p., 1.31MB pdf)
- Riyanto, Rudi. 2016. Faktor - faktor yang mempengaruhi penerapan teknologi System of Rice Intensification (SRI) di desa Kebonagung, Kecamatan Imogiri, Kabupaten Bantul (The factors of affecting the technology application System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Kebonagung Village, Imogiri District, Bantul Regency). PhD diss.?, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Yogyakarta.
- Londong, Arnoldus, Saartje Sompotan, Pemmy Tumewu, and Jelly V. Porong. 2016. Bokashi effect of fertilizer on the growth of rice production methods and SRI (System of Rice Intensification). COCOS 7(4):
- Arif, Chusnul, Budi Indra Setiawan, Slamet Widodo, et al. 2015. Pengembangan model jaringan saraf tiruan untuk menduga emisi gas rumah kaca dari lahan sawah dengan berbagai rejim air [Development of artificial neural network to predict greenhouse gas emissions from rice fields with different water regimes]. Jurnal Irigasi 10(1): 1-10.
- Maftukhah, Rizki, Erni R., Benito H. Purwanto, et al. 2015. Pengelolaan genangan air dangkal untuk meningkatkan hasil padi dengan kerangka kerja System of Rice Intensification (SRI) [Shallow water depth management to enhance rice performances under System of Rice Intensification (SRI)]. Jurnal Irigasi 10(1): 41-48. Supriyadi, Supriyadi, Dwi Priyo Ariyanto, and Arlin Santoso. 2015. Organic fertilizer with silk tree litter (Albizia falcataria L.) to enhance magnesium availability for paddy (Oryza sativa L.) in alfisol. Sains Tanah - Journal of Soil Science and Agroclimatology 12(1): 32–38. doi:10.15608/stjssa.v0i0.267
- Batara, Lily Noviani. 2015. Kualitas mikroorganisme lokal (Mol) yang digunakan pada penanaman padi (Oryza sativa L.) dengan metode System of Rice Intensification (Sri) organik (Quality of Indigenous Microbes (IMO) in rice ( Oryza sativa L.) cultivation of organic System of Rice Intensification method). Master's thesis. Bogor Agricultural University (IPB), Indonesia. (60p, 16.74MB pdf)
- Rufako, Ulya. 2015. Produktivitas lahan dan air pada padi sawah dengan berbagai sistem irigasi (Land and water productivities of paddy fields under various irrigation regimes). Master's thesis. Bogor Agricultral University (IPB) Indonesia. (29p., 8.38MB pdf)
- Takahashi, Kazushi, and Christopher B. Barrett. 2014. The System of Rice Intensification and its impacts on household income and child schooling: Evidence from rural Indonesia. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 96(1): 269-289. doi:10.1093/ajae/aat086
- Prabhakar, S. V. R. K., S. Suryahadi, I. Las, A. Unadi and P. Setyanto. 2013. Mitigation co-benefits of adaptation actions in agriculture: An opportunity for promoting Climate Smart Agriculture in Indonesia. Asian Journal of Environment and Disaster Management 4(4): 1-16.
- Setiawan, Budi I., Arief Irmansyah, Chusnul Arif, Tsugihiro Watanabe, Masaru Mizoguchi, and Hisaaki Kato. 2013. Effects of groundwater level on CH4 and N2O emissions under SRI paddy management in Indonesia. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 135-146.
- Puspitawati, M. D. 2013. Study of phosphate solubilizing microbe to reduce the rate of inorganic-P fertilizer on ICM (Integrated Crop Management) and SRI (System of Rice Intensification) cultivation system. Master's thesis, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia (IPB Scientific Repository).
- Handono, S. Y. 2013. Factors affecting the farmers to still practicing SRI in Malang Regency, Indonesia. Paper presented at the 2nd Asean Academic Society International Conference on Business, Economics and Social Science, November 4-5, in Bangkok, Thailand. (p.32-36)
- Takahashi, K. 2013. The role of risk and ambiguity in the adoption of the system of rice intensification (SRI): Evidence from Indonesia. Food Security (published online first, May 28,2013, p.1-12). doi:10.1007/s12571-013-0270-z
- Takahashi, Kazushi, and Barrett, Christopher B. 2013?. The System of Rice Intensif ication and its impacts on household income and child schooling: Evidence from rural Indonesia. Working Paper, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management website, Cornell University. (65p. pdf)
- Suryadi, Y., D. Susilowati, A. Akhdiya, T. S. Kadir, and B. Wibowo. 2013. Efficacy of consortium bacteria for control rice diseases under System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in West Java - Indonesia. Albanian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 12(1): 143-147.
- Khumairoh, U., J. C. J. Groot, and E. A. Lantinga. 2012. Complex agro-ecosystems for food security in a changing climate. Ecology and Evolution 2(7): 1696-1704. doi:10.1002/ece3.271
- Ferichani, I. M., and D. A. Prasetya. 2011. Institutionalization of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Indonesia: Socio-economic aspects. Journal of Crop and Weed 7(1):12-16.
- Anas, Iswandi, O. P. Rupela, T. M. Thiyagarajan and Norman Uphoff. 2011. A review of studies on SRI effects on beneficial organisms in rice soil rhizospheres. Paddy and Water Environment 9:53-64. DOI:10.1007/s10333-011-0260-8
- Sato, Shuichi, Eiji Yamaji, and Takeshi Kuroda. 2011. Strategies and engineering adaptations to disseminate SRI methods in large-scale irrigation systems in Eastern Indonesia. Paddy and Water Environment 9:79-88. DOI: 10.1007/s10333-010-0242-2.
- Richardson, Madison. 2011. SRIDIJAWA: Salah satu penyelidikan mengenai keadaan System Rice Intensification (SRI) di Jawa Timur. Senior Thesis, University of Oklahoma. [Thesis done at Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang, Indonesia.]
- Richardson, Madison. 2011. Sauntering through the sawah: Researching the diffusion of agricultural knowledge on Java. Academia.edu. 26p.
- Sofiyuddin, Hanhan A. , Lolly M. Martief, Budi I. Setiawan, and Chusnul Arif. 2010. Evaluation of crop coefficients from water consumption in paddy fields. Royal Irrigation Department (Thailand) website. (9p. pdf) [research carried out in Cikarang Sari village, district of Cikarang, Bekasi, Indonesia, during 2007 and 2008]
- Hidayah, Susi, Dewi Arifianty Agustina, Marasi Deon Joubert, Soekrasno. 2009. Intermittent irrigation in System of Rice intensification potential as an adaptation and mitigation option of negative impacts of rice cultivation in irrigated paddy field. Royal Irrigation Department (Thailand) website. (11p. pdf)
- Gardjito, Budi Indra Setiawan, Arief Sabdo Yuwono, I Wayan Astika, and Tasuku Kato. 2010. Analysis on the productivity of organic rice farming in intensification (Analisis produktivitas pada intensifikasi budidaya padi organik). Jurnal Irigasi 5: 24 - 33. (English abstract only available through Perpustakaan Universitas Indonesia)
- Haden, Van R. J. M. Duxbury, A. DiTommaso, J. E. Losey. 2007. Weed Community Dynamics in the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and the Efficacy of Mechanical Cultivation and Competitive Rice Cultivars for Weed Control in Indonesia. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. 30(4):5-26. doi: 10.1300/J064v30n04_03.
- Hasan, Mohammad, and Shuichi Sato. 2007. Water saving for paddy cultivation under the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Eastern Indonesia. Jurnal Tanah dan Lingkungan 9 (2):57-62
- Sato, Shuichi. 2006. An evaluation of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Eastern Indonesia for its potential to save water while increasing productivity and profitability. Paper presented at the International Dialogue on Rice and Water: Exploring Options for Food Security and Sustainable Environments, March 7-8, at the International Rice Research Institute in Los Baños, Philippines.
- Sato, Shuichi. 2006. Lessons learned from 4 years experience of SRI paddy cultivation in eastern Indonesia. Root Research 15(2):55-61 (Japanese; abstr. in English)
- Aldilani. 2005. Pertumbuhan dan hasil tanaman padi pada berbagai jarak tanam dan umur bibit yang ditanam dalam metode SRI (the System of Rice Intensification). (Growth and result of paddy crop at various transplanting space and transplanting age using SRI, the System of Rice Intensification). Universitas Andalas. (30p., 4MB). [Working paper in Bahasa Indonesia on the growth and result of rice crop at various transplanting space and transplanting age using SRI method]
- 2016. Budidaya padi organik dengan metode SRI. Riong Medan News blog. September 2. [In Bahasa Indonesia. Instructional material for organic SRI from North Sumatera, Indonesia. Includes videos on various steps. The original article by Syahroni Yunus dan Titis Priyowido was initially posted on the Alamtani website in 2013.]
- Hendro, Wahyu. 2016. Tips budidaya padi organik dengan metode SRI. Dasar Pertanian blog. June 28. [Indonesian language tips for planting organic SRI.]
- Hasbullah, Habib. 2016. Cara menanam padi organik dengan metode SRI (System of Rice Intensification). mitalom.com website. March 19.
- Kulsum, Eniyati. 2015. Mengenal sistem tanam Padi organik SRI. Rumah Petani blog. August 17.
- Isnani, Intar. 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Kantor Ketahanan Pangan dan Penyuluhan Pertanian Perikanan Kehutanan Kabupaten Kulon Progo website. January 9. [SRI description from the Office of Food Security and Extension for Kulon Progo Regency, Temon district in the the Jogjakarta Special Region, Indonesia]
- Perluasan dan Pengelolaan Lahan. 2014. Pedoman Teknis Pengembangan System of Rice Intensification TA 2014. Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture website.(101p. pdf)
- Adnany, Zaki. 2013. Budidaya padi dengan pendekatan teknologi SRI (System of Rice Intensification). E-Petani website. March 22.
- Suharto, Imam, and Suswadi. 2011. Manual Pembelajaran Penerapan SRI (System of Rice Intensification) di Lahan Tadah Hujan di Kabupatan Boyolali. System of Rice Intensification website. (41p., 1.24MB pdf) [Manual in Bahasa Indonesia put together by LSK Bina Bakat Surakarta, a local NGO, in cooperation with VECO Indonesia, a Belgian NGO. The manual was prepared for use by rainfed SRI farmers in the Andong sub-district of the Boyolali Regency in Central Java].
- Suiatna, R Utju. 2010. Pola Tanan SRI. Go SRI. Healthy-Rice website. July (10p. pdf)
- 2009. Tehnik dan Budidaya Penanaman Padi - System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Pusat Pelatihan Kewirausahaan Sampoerna. Sukorejo, Pasuruan, Indonesia. System of Rice Intensification website. (12p., 5.96MB pdf). [Indonesian language manual originally developed for projects in Dusun Betiting, Desa Gunting Kecamatan Sukorejo, Kabupaten Pasuruan, by Pusat Pelatihan Kewirausahaan Sampoerna]
- Augustina, Peni, and Imam Suharto. 2008. Menembus Batas Kebuntuan Produksi: Cara SRI dalam budidaya padi. VECO Indonesia, Denpasar, Bali. System of Rice Intensification website. (10p., 1.92MB pdf)
- Buku Petunjuk Padi Organik "SRI" Masa Depan Petani Indonesia: Menuju Kehidupan Yang Sejahtera & Mandiri. Dewan Permerhati Kehutanan dan Lingkungan Tatar Sunda (DPKLTS) website. (13p. pdf)
- The International Conference on
Promising Practices for the Development of Sustainable Paddy Fields
an annual event of the International Society of Paddy and Water Environment Engineering (PAWEES), is being co-organized by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Bogor Agricultural University, the Indonesian Network of the System of Rice Intensification and the Japanese Society of Irrigation, Drainage and Reclamation Engineering (JSIDRE) (see also conference brochure).
Location: IPB International Conference Center, Bogor, Indonesia
- October 7-9, 2009
- National SRI Workshop
Hosted by the Ministry of Agriculture's Directorate of Land Management in collaboration with several other organizations including the Indonesian Association for SRI (Ina-SRI)
- October 21-22, 2008
- National SRI Workshop at
Ministry of Agriculture
(PowerPoint presentation by Norman Uphoff)
Location: Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta
- June 13, 2008
- SRI Harvest Festival
(with speech by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono -see excerpts and video)
Location: Cianjur district, West Java
- July 30, 2007
Education SRI Workshop
(see also report at World Education site)
Report by Sutoyo
Venue: Sidoharjo, Klaten, Central Java, Indonesia
- June 1-5, 2003
- World Education SRI Seminar Report
Results summary by Handoko Widagdo
- June 2003
Ina-SRI (Indonesian discussion group)
Ina-SRI is a Yahoo Group created in January 2008 for those interested in the System of Rice Intensification (SRI), especially in Indonesia. Ina-SRI operates in English, though many postings are in Bahasa Indonesia.
To subscribe to this electronic discussion group, see instructions on the Ina-SRI website (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ina-SRI/) or send an e-mail to: Ina-SRIemail@example.com.
Video and Audio
- Video: 2016 (August 25). Serumpun Padi Sejuta Harapan - SRI Organik Mahalona . 7:28 min. PT Vale Indonesia Tbk channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video about PT Vale's project to promote SRI in Mahalona, Kabupaten Luwu Timur, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2016 (August 22). Tanam Padi Pola SRI Dengan Cara Maju. 6:01 min. rahmat adinata channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video about SRI in the SPARC program, in Praimadita Village, Sumba Timur, NTT, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2016 (August 8). Tanam Padi SRI. 8:38 min. Yusuf Himura channel. [Field instructions on how to prepare a seedbed and plant a field with young, single seedlings.]
- Video: 2015 (December 29).Tanam Padi Menggunakan Metode SRI (System Rice of Intensification). 47:26 min. Gapoktan Sekar Sari channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video from Gapoktan Sekar Sari about SRI with comments from farmers and government officials.] [accessed January 18, 2016]
- Video: 2015 (Nov. 23). System of Rice Intensification (SRI). 3:13 min. Rizky Sulaiman Salim channel, YouTube. [Video about a UNDP project in Sumba Timur, Indonesia, to promote SRI.]
- Video: 2015 (August 28). Interview with Budi Setiawan about SRI in Indonesia (in Bahasa Indonesia).11:04 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [SRI-Rice interview at the Southeast Asia Regional Conference on SRI held in Alor Setar, Malaysia on May 28, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (February 15). Persemaian Padi Pola SRI Di Pulau Sumba. 1:00 min. rahmat adinata channel, YouTube. [Nursery management in Sumba Timur, NTT, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2013 (November 19). Padi Sistem SRI. 25:04 min. zanit fatham channel, YouTube. [accessed Sept. 21, 2014]
- Radio clip: 2013 (April 11). Indonesian farmers grow organic rice successfully. 3:23 min. Produced by Radio Australia, Radio Australia website. [Interview by Amy Bainbridge with Saeful Bahri, farmer; Eda Trisnati, farm worker; Emily Sutanto, entrepreneur, about organic SRI production and export in Tasik Malaya, W. Java, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2011 (Dec. 14) [new link as of 6/11/12] Petani Berjaya di Aceh Jaya (Victorious Farmer of Aceh Jaya). Produced by Caritas Czech Republic. 27:21 min. idepfoundation channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video about the NGO Caritas Czech Republic's (CCR) work with farmers in Aceh Jaya Regency, Aceh Province, Indonesia to introduce SRI and sustainable innovations.]
- Video of PowerPoint Presentation: 2011 (March 30). Introduksi (SRI System of Rice
Intensification). 55:52 min. DPKLTS channel, YouTube.
[Dr. Ir. Mubiar Purwasasmita, Dewan Pemerhati Kehutanan dan Lingkungan Tatar Sunda (DPKLTS) presentation at the Semiloka Penyamaan Persepsi Kader SRI Indonesia].
- Video: 2009 (January 10). Rice Cultivation in Bali & The System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Produced by the Paradigm Shift Project, Toronto, Canada. 9:50 min. ParadigmShiftProject channel, YouTube. [Video about the SRI method in Bali and efforts by local Balinese organization Tri Hita Karana Bali].
- Videos: ADRA SRI Video. Produced by EyetoEye Video for ADRA.
(download English version or view YouTube versions in several
languages) [ With the initiative of Bruce Ewart, the ADRA program in Indonesia
that previously worked with SRI has made a professionally-produced video on
SRI, which is to be available to anyone who wants to use it. A different
sound-track (in another language) can be added, with the only proviso that ADRA
be acknowledged as the producer of this video. Note: If you
are having trouble viewing the downloadable version of the video, check the RealPlayer website for a free
- or see the YouTube version below. The danafastforward channel on YouTube now has several versions as of 2009 in various languages (all cut into 3-4 parts).
- Videos: 2007 (republished 2010 on YouTube). Decentralized
Irrigation System Improvement Project in Eastern Region of Indonesia (DISIMP)
videos in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Produced by the Ministry of Public
Works and Victor Lee; directed by Victor Lee with substantial input from
Shuichi Sato (DISIMP/Nippon Koei team leader). Victorgarlandlee channel,
- English language videos
- System of Rice Intensification - Step by Step Implementation Manual (Introduction to SRI)
[part I includes Organic SRI Harvest Ceremony on July 30, 2007 featuring the president of Indonesia]
Part I: 9:59 min; Part II: 10:00 min; Part III: 9:00min.
-Organic SRI: Technical Guidelines (SRI step-by-step implementation manual)
Part I: 10:00 min; Part II: 9:14 min; Part III: 9:03min.
- Bahasa Indonesia videos
- SRI - Panduan Budidaya Padi Hemat Air (Introduction to SRI and implementation steps)
Part I: 9:57 min; Part II: 9:15 min; Part III: 9:35min.
- SRI Organik: Panduan Teknis
Part I: 9:58 min; Part II: 9:50 min; Part III: 9:59min.
- English language videos
- Video: 2008 (December 31). NOSC - Nagrak Organic SRI Center. Produced by NOSC. 1:12 min. FLIXYA website. [Indonesian Language video about the Nagrak Organic SRI Center, Sukabumi, Indonesia]
- Hidayati, Nurul, Triadiati, and Iswandi Anas. 2014. Root Morphology and Anatomy or rice Plants Cultivated under System of Rice Intensificaiton (SRI)
Poster presented by by Iswandi Anas, Bogor Agric. Univ., Indonesia, at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok, Thailand, Oct. 26-31, 2014.
- Hidayati, Nurul, Triadiati, and Iswandi Anas. 2014. Physiological and Morphological Changes in Rice Plants under System of Rice Intensification (SRI) Management and its Effects on Increasing Yields
Poster presented by Iswandi Anas, Bogor Agric. Univ., Indonesia, at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok, Thailand, Oct. 26-31, 2014.
- Iswandi Anas, Nindya Ayu Utari, Yolla Vivi Sukmasakti, Rahayu Wijdyastuti. 2014. Rice Ratooning with High Yield is Possible!
Poster presented by Iswandi Anas, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia, at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok, Thailand, Oct. 26-31, 2014.
- Jatika, Ahmed. 2013. Selamat Datang di NOSC. Presentation about the Nusantara Organic Rice Center (NOSC) in Indonesia. 14 slides.
- 2012. Enhancing Soil Health for Rice Growth
- PowerPoint presented by Iswandi Anas, Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor Indonesia, at the J-SRI Meeting at University of Tokyo, Japan, on September 27. 35 slides.
- Anas, Iswandi. 2012. Enhancing Soil Health for Rice Growth. PowerPoint presented by Iswandi Anas, Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor Indonesia, at the National Workshop on Sustainable Rice Production: Revisiting IPM, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, September 12-13, 2012. 27 slides.
- 2011. Introduksi (SRI
System of Rice Intensification)
PowerPoint presentation [as a video on YouTube; not on slideshare] by Dr. Ir. Mubiar Purwasasmita, Dewan Pemerhati Kehutanan dan Lingkungan Tatar Sunda (DPKLTS) presented at the Semiloka Penyamaan Persepsi Kader SRI Indonesia on March 30, 2011. 55:52 min.
- 2009. Methane and Nitrous Oxide Emissions from Paddy Rice Fields in Indonesia-
Comparison of SRI and Surrounding Conventional Fields
- PowerPoint presentation by Kimura Sonoko Dorothea. 12 slides.
- 2009. SRI
Datang Membawa Peluang
- PowerPoint presentation by Alik Sutaryat, World Bank. 13 slides
- 2008. Adoption of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Indonesia to Increase
National Rice Production and to Reduce Methane Emissions from Rice
- PowerPoint presentation by Fitri Ardi, Dian Nareswari, Nia Kesuma Megasari, Ahmad Jatika, Suichi Sato and Iswandi Anas at the Workshop on SRI at the Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta. 15 slides.
- 2008. Status of
SRI in Indonesia
- PowerPoint presented by Iswandi Anas, Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor Indonesia, at the 3rd National SRI Symposium, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore, India. 16 slides.
- 2008. Some Highlights of S.R.I. Research in Indonesia
-PowerPoint by Iswandi Anas, D. K. Kalsim, Budi I. Setiawan, Yanuar and Sam Herodian, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB ) presented at workshop on S.R.I at Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta, June 13, 2008. 29 slides.
- 2008. Soil Biota with
-PowerPoint presentation by Naraswari and Iswandi Anas presented at the workshop on S.R.I at Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta, June 13, 2008. 6 slides.
- 2006. Participatory
Irrigation Management in Indonesia: Lessons Learned from Decentralized Irrigation
System Improvement Project In Eastern Region of Indonesia (DISIMP)
- PowerPoint by Ir. Mohamad Hasan, Director of Irrigation, Directorate General of Water Resources, Ministry of Public Works, Indonesia, presented at the 4th World Water Forum, Mexico. 10 slides.
- 2006. Water Saving for Paddy Cultivation by SRI: Experience of Decentralized irrigation
System Improvement Project in Eastern Region of Indonesia (DISIMP)
- PowerPoint by Shuichi Sato, Team Leader of the Consultant for DISIMP, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd., presented at an IRRI workshop, March 7, 2006. 22 slides.
- 2004. Opportunities for Rice Self-Sufficiency in Indonesia with Integrated Crop and
PowerPoint by Irsal Las, A. Gani and N. Widiarta, Indonesia Institute for Rice Research. World Rice Research Conference, Tsukuba, Japan. 21 slides.
- 2003. Sistem
PowerPoint presentation by Anischan Gani, Balai Penelitian Tanaman Padi, Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Pertanian. 21 slides. (in Bahasa Indonesia)