[The Indonesia section, including the Overview is still under construction. For additional 2013 news contact the Ina-SRI discussion group in Indonesia]
- SRI Planted on 207,000 Hectares in 29 Provinces in Indonesia during 2012
[April 15, 2012] According to a representative of the Directorate of Agricultural Extension and Land Management, the Ministry of Agriculture's national program to extend the System of Rice Intensification in Indonesia resulted in SRI implementation on approximately 207,000 ha. in 29 provinces during 2012. During 2013, SRI is planned to be extended to 250,000 ha. and in 2014, an additional 250,000 ha. (source: e-mail from Iswandi Anas)
- Dr. Iswandi Anas Gives SRI Presentations in Malaysia and Japan
Iswandi Anas, Chairman of the Indonesian SRI Association (Ina-SRI) in Indonesia, presented information on soil health and SRI during the National Workshop on Sustainable Rice Production: Re-Visiting IPM in Malaysia. The workshop, organized by the Malaysia's SRI-Mas Network, was held at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) on September 12-13, 2012. Some of the 202 participants are shown in the photo at right. (See Anas presentation.)
Dr. Anas subsequently traveled to Japan where he made a presentation on CH4 mitigation options for rice in Indonesia at the MARCO Symposium 2012 (Strenghthening Collaboration to Meet Agroenvironmental Challenges in Monsoon Asia) on September 24-27. Following the symposium, he made a presentation on SRI in Indonesia to the J-SRI Network at the University of Tokyo (Anas is in the center of photo at left; J-SRI Chairman, Eiji Yamiji is to his right) . The J-SRI meeting, which was attended by 30 people, including professors, students and farmers, also included presentations on the Dominican Republic and Cambodia.
Farmer from Aceh Wins National Achievement Award for Rice
An article in The Jakarta Post chronicles the path that led Mauliddin, an SRI farmer from Aceh, to receive a pretigious national achievement award for rice farmers. According to an earlier article in Serambi Indonesia, Mauliddin, who comes from the village Sampoiniet in the Subdistrict Masen of Aceh Jaya, was scheduled to meet the president of Indonesia, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, at the presidential palace on August 17, 2011, in conjunction with the commemoration of Indonesia's independence day. Maulidin learned SRI methods from the NGO Caritas Republic Koruna (CCR), which came to Aceh Jaya in 2008 to help victims of conflict and tsunami.
Two NGOs Help Farmers in Boyolali Regency Expand Adapt Rainfed SRI
Imam Suharto has shared a new manual prepared for famers carrying out SRI methods with rainfed rice in the Boyolali Regency of Central Java. Farmers in the Appoli farmer organization in the Andong sub-district of Boyolali have been practicing SRI for about five years. The manual, which is in Bahasa Indonesia, was put together by LSK Bina Bakat Surakarta, a local NGO, in cooperation with VECO Indonesia, a Belgian NGO.
Indonesian Government to Increase Reliance on SRI
According to articles in Ekonomi Bisnis and the ReportLinker website, the Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture will set a target for rice cultivation using SRI methods at 1.5 million hectares in 2015. Hari Priyono, the secretary general of the ministry, said that the System of Rice Intensification is expected to be a solution for farmers to continue efforts to boost rice production with growing scarcity in land for expansion, noting that it would be difficult to rely on expansion of rice fields alone to reach the production target of 70.6 million tons of un-husked rice in 2011. Due to the success of SRI in the past few years in increasing productivity in some areas, Priyono says that the ministry plans to increase the use of the system by phases from 100,000 hectares of rice fields this year, to 200,000 hectares in 2012 and to 1.5 million hectares in 2015.
Secretary General of Ministry of Agriculture and Head of Karawang
Regency Harvest SRI in West Java
An article in the Pos Kota reported that on March 26 the Secretary General of the Ministry of Agriculture, Hari Priyono, and the head of Karawang Regency, H. Ade Swara harvested rice grown with SRI together with a farmer group in Pasir Kamuning Village, in Karawang Regency's Telagasari District (photo at right). The Karawang Regency is one of the areas with a mandate to adopt SRI through the Ministry of Agriculture's Integrated Citarum Water Resource Management Investment Programme (ICWRMIP). The program includes 68 farmer groups in 27 villages in 6 districts and covers 1,360 hectares.
The farmer group Resep Makaya I, which has been using SRI methods for the past five years, averaged 11.86 tons/hectare in the 2010/2011 planting season in contrast to the conventional yield of 6.69 ton per hectare. Priyono said that while many countries currently have a problem with food security as a result of climate change, in Indonesia farmers are increasing their productivity through the use of SRI. He added that the success of the farmers in Karawang and elsewhere have been important fo the Ministry of Agriculture, especially for food security planning for the furture. [translated from Bahasa Indonesia]
Minister of Agriculture and Governor of South Sumatra Celebrate
Successful SRI Harvest in Embawang Village
The Minister of Agriculture, Dr. H. Suswono and the Governor of South Sumatra, H. Alex Noerdin, along with other officials, PT Medco staff and community members, attended the Organic SRI Harvesting Ceremony at Embawang, South Sumatra on March 12, 2011. The introduction of SRI in this area was supported by the oil and gas company, PT Medco, through their corporate social responsibility (CSR) program.
According to an article in Kompas, 42 farmers (out of a total of 100) in the village of Embawang grew 35 ha of organic SRI. The average yield of organic SRI was 7-8 ton/ha while conventional rice cultivation yield in this area is only 4-5 ton/ha. In addition, this organic rice sells for Rp 10,000-Rp 15,000/kg (US$ 1.14-US$ 1.17/kg) which much higher that the price of conventionally grown rice at Rp 6,000-Rp 7,000/kg (US $0.67-US $0.80/kg). During the coming season, SRI methods will be actively promoted in an additional six villages.
The Nusantara Organic SRI Center Expands Activities in Indonesia,
Malaysia and the Solomon Islands
The Nusantara Organic SRI Center (NOSC), formerly known as Nagrak Organic SRI Center (NOSC), has signed a one year contract with PT Sampoerna to promote organic SRI in Kerawang, West Java, and Pandaan, East Java. During January 21-27, 2011, a group from the Kedah Regional Development Authority (KEDA) in Malaysia was trained at NOSC in organic SRI methods and in organic vegetable production. On January 25, an MOU was signed between NOSC and the Program of Federal Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority of Malaysia (FELCRA) in Kuala Lumpur to work together further on developing SRI at FELCRA Program sites. (see Malaysia page for more information). With funding assistance from SRI-Rice, NOSC also sent a trainer, Miyatti Jannah, to the Solomon Islands during October 2010 to train farmers and government extension workers there. Follow up visits are underway during 2011.
Articles on Indonesia in Special SRI Edition of Journal of Paddy and
An article reviewing "strategies and engineering adaptations to disseminate SRI methods in large-scale irrigation systems in Eastern Indonesia by Shuichi Sato et al was published during the March 2011 edition of the journal Paddy and Water Environment. Another article in the journal, "A review of studies on SRI effects on beneficial organisms in rice soil rhizospheres was authored by Iswandi Anas, professor at the Institut Pertanian Bogor, together with several colleagues in India and the USA.
For 1999-2010 SRI activities, see SRI Indonesia Archives
- Welsing, Anne. 2012. Organic rice from the land of volcanoes: Visiting Emily Sutanto and "her" organic farmers on Java. Oneco (Organic News Community) website. December 20.
- Herlinger, Chris. 2011. Focus on reducing disasters: "One way we are making a difference." Church World Service website. October 13.
- Uphoff, Norman. 2011. Report on visit to Indonesia, July 8-13, 2011, to learn about S.R.I. progress. CIIFAD. System of Rice Intensification website. July 8-13. (14p., 1.06MB pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- 2011. Indonesia to up reliance on intensification sys. for rice output. ReportLinker Academic website. March 28. [source: Asia Pulse]
- 2011. Mentan panen perdana padi SRI organik di Muara Enim. Berita Pertanian Online. March 18.
- 2011. Menteri Pertanian RI panen perdana padi SRI organik. Portal Resmi Pemerintah Kabutpatan Muara Enim. March 14.
- 2011. Inside Indo's organic rice. Time Out Jakarta (Indonesia), January, Food and Drink section.
- Sahana, Cuk. 2010. UGM sosialisasikan tehnik bertani tanpa boros air. Okezone.com Kampus website. October 28.
- 2010. Jurusan Teknik Pertanian UGM Dampingi Petani Kembangkan SRI. Universitas Gadjah Mada website. October 28.
- 2010. SRI Rice (System of Rice Intensification). Aceh Livelihoods Network website. September 22. [A project of the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction with sub-project in Aceh conducted by Keumang Melati Community Group, which has 28 households (all women).]
- 2010. SRI harvest paddy preparation. MicroAid Projects blog (Aceh, Indonesia). July 28.
- 2010. A Philanthropy advisor in Indonesia, Part 4: Rice innovation in a small village. Asia Philanthropy Forum. June 24.
- Suiatna, R. Utju. 2009-2010. Papers available on the ifoorganik.com website:
- [2007-2010]. Paguyubansri blog. [Information about SRI organic in Ngawi East Java]
- Soetiarso, Lilik. 2010. Dynamic model of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) for strengthening food security in Indonesia. Lilik Soetiarso home page. Dept. of Agricultural Engineering. Universitas Gadja Mada website. March 17.
- 2009. Beras SRI Tasik Ikut Pameran di Jerman. KabarIndonesia website. December 30.
- Cook, Gillian, and Tim O'Connor. 2009. Rice aplenty in Aceh. Caritas News (Aceh Update). Spring edition. pp. 10-11.
- Listyanti, Agita Sukma. 2009. 2 tahun diperkenalkan, SRI menarik 50 persen warga Gunting. suarasurabaya.net website. March 18.
- 2008. SRI, teknologi ramah lingkungan. portalHR website. July, Edition 52.
- 2008. Sustainable Agriculture Project. Rotary Club of Bali Ubud website. [see internal documents: SRI project phase II and associated field photos]
- 2008. Meski Musim Kering Padi SRI Tetap Tumbuh. Republik Indonesia, Departemen Pekerjaan Umun. PUNet website.
- Uphoff, Norman. 2008. Report on visit to Indonesia to review SRI progress. System of Rice Intensification website. January 11-18. (30p. pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- Kalsim, Dedi K., Yushar, Subari, Marasi Deon and Ahmad Hanhan. 2007. Rancangan operasional irigasi untuk pengembangan SRI (Irrigation operational design for SRI development). Paper presented at the Seminar KNI-ICID, 24 November 24, in Bandung, Indonesia. (16 p. pdf)
- Uphoff, Norman. 2005. Report on visit to Indonesia for review of current status of the SRI. System of Rice Intensification website. September 8-15, 2005. (19p. pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- Agustyanto, Peni and Thijssen, Rik. 2004. SRI atau bukan SRI. Salam Magazine 9:8-10 [No longer online]
- 2003. Uphoff, Norman and Erick Fernandes. Sistem intensificasi padi tersebar pesat. Majalah Salam 3:20-27 [Salam Magazine is the Indonesian Language version LEISA, an English language publication for development practitioners.]
- Uphoff, Norman. 2003. Indonesia SRI Trip Report. CIIFAD. System of Rice Intensification website. January 8-13. (4p. pdf). [Trip report for Cornell International Institute for Food, Agriculture and Development]
- Justin Rabenandrasana. 2002. Revolusi dalam intensifkasi padi. Majalah Salam 1:10-11
- Gani, Anischan, T.S. Kadir, A. Jatiharti, I.P. Wardhana, and I. Las. 2002. The System of Rice Intensification in Indonesia. Paper presented at the international conference on Assessments of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI), April 1-4, in Sanya, China.
Articles in the press
- Fajriani, Dewi. 2013. Pengembangan padi SRI masih jadi anak tiri. Republika Online, April 15.
- Abdurahman, Maman . 2012. Lahan pangan abadi: Majalengka tetapkan 39.000 ha. Bisnis.com, December 25 (Majalengka, Indonesia)
- Ella Syafputri, Ella (ed.). 2012. Ahli pertanian: dua cara atasi krisis beras. ANTARA News, May 14.
- 2012. Budidaya padi hemat air SRI kembali dikembangkan,SuaraMerdeka, May11.
- Sofyan, Henry. 2012. SRI Datang, Panen Lebih Banyak, SuaraMerdeka, March 5.
- Zie/Mamay. 2011. Memuaskan, Hasil Program System of Rice Intensification.Tunas Bangsa, October 15.
- Indrasafitri, Dina. 2011. Mauliddin: One farmer's journey, The Jakarta Post, August 24, People section.
- Bakri. 2011. Petani asal Aceh Jaya ke istana, Serambi Indonesia, August 14.
- 2011. Targetkan kembangkan padi SRI 1,5 juta hektar, EkonomiBisnis, March 28.
- 2011. Kemtan targetkan padi SRI 1,5 juta hektare. Antara News - Jawa Timur, March 27.
- Nourkinan. 2011. Pakai SRI, Bupati Karawang Panen, PosKota, March 26.
- Zuhri, Ardani. 2011. Mentan RI Panen Panen Raya di Tanjungagung, Sriwijaya Post , March 12.
- Sarwindaningrum, Irene. 2011. Rezeki Besar Petani dari Padi Organik, Kompas, March 18.
- Susanto, Slamet. 2010. Lasiyo Syaifudin: Farming the smart way. The Jakarta Post, January 6.
- 2010. Two Japanese researchers on comparative study in Sukabumi, Antara News, February 8.
- 2010. Lebak kembangkan budidaya SRI, Media Indonesia (Banten, Indonesia), January 9.
- Peterson, Zack. 2009. My Jakarta: Emily Sutanto, Organic Rice Exporter,The Jakarta Globe, November 9. (reblogged by Indonesia Organic, April 16, 2010)
- Lestari, Diena. 2009. Kucuran keringat itu terbayar. Bisnis Indonesia, August 21.
- Udem, Michelle. 2009. An organic revolution blooms. The Jakarta Globe, August 2. (reblogged by Green Samplings
- Sertori, Trisha. 2008. Intensive farming brings rewards,The Jakarta Post, November 27, Life section.
- Susanto, Slamet. 2008. Science boosts rice yields, The Jakarta Post, November 20.
- Heru CN. 2008. UGM to develop rice intensification, Tempointeractive, November 14.
- Nurhayati, Desi. 2007. Farmer told to use alternative rice planting method,The Jakarta Post, July 28.
- 2008. ADB ready to provide $30 m loan for RI`s rice development, ANTARA News, October 22.
- Takahashi, Kazushi, and Barrett, Christopher B. 2013?. The System of Rice Intensif ication and its impacts on household income and child schooling: Evidence from rural Indonesia. Working Paper, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management website, Cornell University. (65p. pdf)
- Suryadi, Y., D. Susilowati, A. Akhdiya, T. S. Kadir, and B. Wibowo. 2013. Efficacy of consortium bacteria for control rice diseases under System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in West Java - Indonesia. Albanian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 12(1): 143-147.
- Khumairoh, U., J. C. J. Groot, and E. A. Lantinga. 2012. Complex agro-ecosystems for food security in a changing climate. Ecology and Evolution 2(7): 1696-1704. doi:10.1002/ece3.271
- Ferichani, I. M., and D. A. Prasetya. 2011. Institutionalization of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Indonesia: Socio-economic aspects. Journal of Crop and Weed 7(1):12-16.
- Anas, Iswandi, O. P. Rupela, T. M. Thiyagarajan and Norman Uphoff. 2011. A review of studies on SRI effects on beneficial organisms in rice soil rhizospheres. Paddy and Water Environment 9:53-64. DOI:10.1007/s10333-011-0260-8
- Sato, Shuichi, Eiji Yamaji, and Takeshi Kuroda. 2011. Strategies and engineering adaptations to disseminate SRI methods in large-scale irrigation systems in Eastern Indonesia. Paddy and Water Environment 9:79-88. DOI: 10.1007/s10333-010-0242-2
- Sofiyuddin, Hanhan A. , Lolly M. Martief, Budi I. Setiawan, and Chusnul Arif. 2010. Evaluation of crop coefficients from water consumption in paddy fields. Royal Irrigation Department (Thailand) website. (9p. pdf) [research carried out in Cikarang Sari village, district of Cikarang, Bekasi, Indonesia, during 2007 and 2008]
- Hidayah, Susi, Dewi Arifianty Agustina, Marasi Deon Joubert, Soekrasno. 2009. Intermittent irrigation in System of Rice intensification potential as an adaptation and mitigation option of negative impacts of rice cultivation in irrigated paddy field. Royal Irrigation Department (Thailand) website. (11p. pdf)
- Gardjito, Budi Indra Setiawan, Arief Sabdo Yuwono, I Wayan Astika, and Tasuku Kato. 2010. Analysis on the productivity of organic rice farming in intensification (Analisis produktivitas pada intensifikasi budidaya padi organik). Jurnal Irigasi 5: 24 - 33. (English abstract only available through Perpustakaan Universitas Indonesia)
- Haden, Van R. J. M. Duxbury, A. DiTommaso, J. E. Losey. 2007. Weed Community Dynamics in the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and the Efficacy of Mechanical Cultivation and Competitive Rice Cultivars for Weed Control in Indonesia. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. 30(4):5-26. doi: 10.1300/J064v30n04_03.
- Hasan, Mohammad, and Shuichi Sato. 2007. Water saving for paddy cultivation under the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Eastern Indonesia. Jurnal Tanah dan Lingkungan 9 (2):57-62
- Sato, Shuichi. 2006. An evaluation of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Eastern Indonesia for its potential to save water while increasing productivity and profitability. Paper presented at the International Dialogue on Rice and Water: Exploring Options for Food Security and Sustainable Environments, March 7-8, at the International Rice Research Institute in Los Baños, Philippines.
- Sato, Shuichi. 2006. Lessons learned from 4 years experience of SRI paddy cultivation in eastern Indonesia. Root Research 15(2):55-61 (Japanese; abstr. in English)
- Aldilani. 2005. Pertumbuhan dan hasil tanaman padi pada berbagai jarak tanam dan umur bibit yang ditanam dalam metode SRI (the System of Rice Intensification). (Growth and result of paddy crop at various transplanting space and transplanting age using SRI, the System of Rice Intensification). Universitas Andalas. (30p., 4MB). [Working paper in Bahasa Indonesia on the growth and result of rice crop at various transplanting space and transplanting age using SRI method]
- Suharto, Imam, and Suswadi. 2011. Manual Pembelajaran Penerapan SRI (System of Rice Intensification) di Lahan Tadah Hujan di Kabupatan Boyolali. System of Rice Intensification website. (41p., 1.24MB pdf) [Manual in Bahasa Indonesia put together by LSK Bina Bakat Surakarta, a local NGO, in cooperation with VECO Indonesia, a Belgian NGO. The manual was prepared for use by rainfed SRI farmers in the Andong sub-district of the Boyolali Regency in Central Java].
- Suiatna, R Utju. 2010. Pola Tanan SRI. Go SRI. Healthy-Rice website. July (10p. pdf)
- 2009. Tehnik dan Budidaya Penanaman Padi - System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Pusat Pelatihan Kewirausahaan Sampoerna. Sukorejo, Pasuruan, Indonesia. System of Rice Intensification website. (12p., 5.96MB pdf). [Indonesian language manual originally developed for projects in Dusun Betiting, Desa Gunting Kecamatan Sukorejo, Kabupaten Pasuruan, by Pusat Pelatihan Kewirausahaan Sampoerna]
- Augustina, Peni, and Imam Suharto. 2008. Menembus Batas Kebuntuan Produksi: Cara SRI dalam budidaya padi. VECO Indonesia, Denpasar, Bali. System of Rice Intensification website. (10p., 1.92MB pdf)
- Buku Petunjuk Padi Organik "SRI" Masa Depan Petani Indonesia: Menuju Kehidupan Yang Sejahtera & Mandiri. Dewan Permerhati Kehutanan dan Lingkungan Tatar Sunda (DPKLTS) website. (13p. pdf)
- The International Conference on
Promising Practices for the Development of Sustainable Paddy Fields
an annual event of the International Society of Paddy and Water Environment Engineering (PAWEES), is being co-organized by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Bogor Agricultural University, the Indonesian Network of the System of Rice Intensification and the Japanese Society of Irrigation, Drainage and Reclamation Engineering (JSIDRE) (see also conference brochure).
Location: IPB International Conference Center, Bogor, Indonesia
- October 7-9, 2009
- National SRI Workshop
Hosted by the Ministry of Agriculture's Directorate of Land Management in collaboration with several other organizations including the Indonesian Association for SRI (Ina-SRI)
- October 21-22, 2008
- National SRI Workshop at
Ministry of Agriculture
(PowerPoint presentation by Norman Uphoff)
Location: Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta
- June 13, 2008
- SRI Harvest Festival
(with speech by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono -see excerpts and video)
Location: Cianjur district, West Java
- July 30, 2007
Education SRI Workshop
(see also report at World Education site)
Report by Sutoyo
Venue: Sidoharjo, Klaten, Central Java, Indonesia
- June 1-5, 2003
- World Education SRI Seminar Report
Results summary by Handoko Widagdo
- June 2003
Ina-SRI (Indonesian discussion group)
Ina-SRI is a Yahoo Group created in January 2008 for those interested in the System of Rice Intensification (SRI), especially in Indonesia. Ina-SRI operates in English, though many postings are in Bahasa Indonesia.
To subscribe to this electronic discussion group, see instructions on the Ina-SRI website (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ina-SRI/) or send an e-mail to: Ina-SRIemail@example.com.
Nagrak Organic SRI
Center (NOSC): [• main website] [• Facebook][• Twitter]
Nagrak Organic SRI Center (NOSC) is an organic SRI training center located in Nagrak, Sukabumi, in West Java, Indonesia. Although the focus of their training is primarily Indonesia, staff have participated in training in Timor Leste and Malaysia. Trainers affiliated with NOSC have also traveled to the Solomon Islands to participate in organic SRI training at the invitation of the government there.
- BloomAgro is a small company that markets rice grown with SRI methods in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and The USA (see text above)
- Radio clip: 2013 (April 11). Indonesian farmers grow organic rice successfully. 3:23 min. Produced by Radio Australia, Radio Australia website. [Interview by Amy Bainbridge with Saeful Bahri, farmer; Eda Trisnati, farm worker; Emily Sutanto, entrepreneur, about organic SRI production and export in Tasik Malaya, W. Java, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2011 (Dec. 14) [new link as of 6/11/12] Petani Berjaya di Aceh Jaya (Victorious Farmer of Aceh Jaya). Produced by Caritas Czech Republic. 27:21 min. idepfoundation channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video about the NGO Caritas Czech Republic's (CCR) work with farmers in Aceh Jaya Regency, Aceh Province, Indonesia to introduce SRI and sustainable innovations.]
- Video of PowerPoint Presentation: 2011 (March 30). Introduksi (SRI System of Rice
Intensification). 55:52 min. DPKLTS channel, YouTube.
[Dr. Ir. Mubiar Purwasasmita, Dewan Pemerhati Kehutanan dan Lingkungan Tatar Sunda (DPKLTS) presentation at the Semiloka Penyamaan Persepsi Kader SRI Indonesia].
- Video: 2009 (January 10). Rice Cultivation in Bali & The System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Produced by the Paradigm Shift Project, Toronto, Canada. 9:50 min. ParadigmShiftProject channel, YouTube. [Video about the SRI method in Bali and efforts by local Balinese organization Tri Hita Karana Bali].
Videos: ADRA SRI Video. Produced by EyetoEye Video for ADRA.
English version or view YouTube versions in several
languages) [ With the initiative of Bruce Ewart, the ADRA program in Indonesia
that previously worked with SRI has made a professionally-produced video on
SRI, which is to be available to anyone who wants to use it. A different
sound-track (in another language) can be added, with the only proviso that ADRA
be acknowledged as the producer of this video. Note: If you
are having trouble viewing the downloadable version
of the video, check the RealPlayer website for a free
- or see the YouTube version below. The danafastforward channel on YouTube now has several versions as of 2009 in various languages (all cut into 3-4 parts).
Videos: 2007 (republished 2010 on YouTube). Decentralized
Irrigation System Improvement Project in Eastern Region of Indonesia (DISIMP)
videos in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Produced by the Ministry of Public
Works and Victor Lee; directed by Victor Lee with substantial input from
Shuichi Sato (DISIMP/Nippon Koei team leader). Victorgarlandlee channel,
- English language videos
- System of Rice Intensification - Step by Step Implementation Manual (Introduction to SRI)
[part I includes Organic SRI Harvest Ceremony on July 30, 2007 featuring the president of Indonesia]
Part I: 9:59 min; Part II: 10:00 min; Part III: 9:00min.
-Organic SRI: Technical Guidelines (SRI step-by-step implementation manual)
Part I: 10:00 min; Part II: 9:14 min; Part III: 9:03min.
- Bahasa Indonesia videos
- SRI - Panduan Budidaya Padi Hemat Air (Introduction to SRI and implementation steps)
Part I: 9:57 min; Part II: 9:15 min; Part III: 9:35min.
- SRI Organik: Panduan Teknis
Part I: 9:58 min; Part II: 9:50 min; Part III: 9:59min.
- English language videos
- Video: 2008 (December 31). NOSC - Nagrak Organic SRI Center. Produced by NOSC. 1:12 min. FLIXYA website. [Indonesian Language video about the Nagrak Organic SRI Center, Sukabumi, Indonesia]
- Jatika, Ahmed. 2013. Selamat Datang di NOSC. Presentation about the Nusantara Organic Rice Center (NOSC) in Indonesia. 14 slides.
- 2012. Enhancing Soil Health for Rice Growth
- PowerPoint presented by Iswandi Anas, Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor Indonesia, at the J-SRI Meeting at University of Tokyo, Japan, on September 27. 35 slides.
- Anas, Iswandi. 2012. Enhancing Soil Health for Rice Growth. PowerPoint presented by Iswandi Anas, Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor Indonesia, at the National Workshop on Sustainable Rice Production: Revisiting IPM, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, September 12-13, 2012. 27 slides.
- 2011. Introduksi (SRI
System of Rice Intensification)
PowerPoint presentation [as a video on YouTube; not on slideshare] by Dr. Ir. Mubiar Purwasasmita, Dewan Pemerhati Kehutanan dan Lingkungan Tatar Sunda (DPKLTS) presented at the Semiloka Penyamaan Persepsi Kader SRI Indonesia on March 30, 2011. 55:52 min.
Methane and Nitrous Oxide Emissions from Paddy Rice Fields in Indonesia-
Comparison of SRI and Surrounding Conventional Fields
- PowerPoint presentation by Kimura Sonoko Dorothea. 12 slides.
- 2009. SRI
Datang Membawa Peluang
- PowerPoint presentation by Alik Sutaryat, World Bank. 13 slides
Adoption of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Indonesia to Increase
National Rice Production and to Reduce Methane Emissions from Rice
- PowerPoint presentation by Fitri Ardi, Dian Nareswari, Nia Kesuma Megasari, Ahmad Jatika, Suichi Sato and Iswandi Anas at the Workshop on SRI at the Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta. 15 slides.
- 2008. Status of
SRI in Indonesia
- PowerPoint presented by Iswandi Anas, Professor of Soil Biotechnology, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor Indonesia, at the 3rd National SRI Symposium, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore, India. 16 slides.
Some Highlights of S.R.I. Research in Indonesia
-PowerPoint by Iswandi Anas, D. K. Kalsim, Budi I. Setiawan, Yanuar and Sam Herodian, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB ) presented at workshop on S.R.I at Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta, June 13, 2008. 29 slides.
- 2008. Soil Biota with
-PowerPoint presentation by Naraswari and Iswandi Anas presented at the workshop on S.R.I at Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta, June 13, 2008. 6 slides.
- 2006. Participatory
Irrigation Management in Indonesia: Lessons Learned from Decentralized Irrigation
System Improvement Project In Eastern Region of Indonesia (DISIMP)
- PowerPoint by Ir. Mohamad Hasan, Director of Irrigation, Directorate General of Water Resources, Ministry of Public Works, Indonesia, presented at the 4th World Water Forum, Mexico. 10 slides.
Water Saving for Paddy Cultivation by SRI: Experience of Decentralized irrigation
System Improvement Project in Eastern Region of Indonesia (DISIMP)
- PowerPoint by Shuichi Sato, Team Leader of the Consultant for DISIMP, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd., presented at an IRRI workshop, March 7, 2006. 22 slides.
Opportunities for Rice Self-Sufficiency in Indonesia with Integrated Crop and
PowerPoint by Irsal Las, A. Gani and N. Widiarta, Indonesia Institute for Rice Research. World Rice Research Conference, Tsukuba, Japan. 21 slides.
- 2003. Sistem
PowerPoint presentation by Anischan Gani, Balai Penelitian Tanaman Padi, Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Pertanian. 21 slides. (in Bahasa Indonesia)