2016 NEWS AND LATEST RESOURCES
News from other years:
[2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 additions are also available by month]
In the Press - 2016
- Beras organik Tasikmalaya tembus pasar Amerika dan Eropa [SRI rice from Tasik Malaya is exported to USA and Europe]
November 28, 2016, fokusjabar (Jawa Barat, Indonesia)
- Is the rice industry finally on the rise? [Jesse Las Maria says with systems like SRI costs of rice production can be brought down to P4 to P6 per kilo, which are already competitive with Philippines neighbors.]
November 22, 2016, Business Mirror (Philippines)
- FAO, Dar link up to double rice production
November 15, 2016, News Africa now (Tanzania)
- Suivi des activités agricoles 2016-2017 au Nord: La campagne de récolte du riz pluvial lancée à Namassa
November 8, 2016 Le faso.net (Burkina Faso)
- Panen Padi Tahap III di Pulagan makin meningkat [The third havest of a project in Pulagan, Gianyar, raised yields to 10.1 tons/ha. The project is a cooperative effort of the Gianyar Ag. Dept., Bank Indonesia, and the military.]
November 2, 2016, Beritadewata.com (Bali, Indonesia)
- Walikota Madiun lakukan panen raya bersama Gapoktan [Mayor of Madium, East Java, at harvest festival for SRI fields with Mardi Bob farmer group.]
November 2, 2016, beritaLima (Jawa Timur, Indonesia)
- Sektor pertanian perlu menjadi perhatian pertumbuhan ekonomi Bali [SRI/Jajar Legowo adaptation part of Bank Indonesia's successful CSR projects in Bali.]
November 1, 2016, Bali Bisnis.com (Bali, Indonesia)
- *For a bountiful harvest [Due to the lack of rains, Karnataka farmer changed from paddy to finger millet,using the ‘guli ragi’ method, which uses SRI principles.
November 1, 2016, Deccan Herald (Karnatatka, India)
- Dandim 0825 Banyuwangi ternyata piawai membjak sawah [Military joins Dept. of Ag. in agricultural festival to plant SRI crop in East Java village.]
October 29, 2016, Times Indonesia (East Java, Indonesia)
- People need to know importance of sustainable agri practices. [Sabah Deputy Chief Minister, speaking at the “Regional Conference on Sustainable Agriculture” said Sabah needs to increase the production of rice .. which meant adopting a sustainable practice such SRI and enhancing drainage & irrigation systems.]
October 26, 2016, The Sabah Times (Sabah, Malaysia)
- Un projet innovant pour la sécurité alimentaire? Soumissionnez au second prix Olam
October 26, 2016, CommodAfrica (France)
Pulses, millets, paddy cultivation methods drawing huge crowds at Krishi Mela [SRI inevitable to conserve water.]
October 24, 2016, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- Olam opens entries for 2nd International Prize for Food Security Innovation [SRI-Rice won the prize last year..]
October 23, 2016, Citifomline (Ghana / global)
- BI Bali jadikan Subak Getas Klaster Pertanian Organik [Bank Indonesia's CSR program harvested the organic rice crop in the Getas Subak in Gianyar. 28 farmers on 7.5 ha are taking place in the this project that uses only organic fertilizers and SRi combined with Jajar Legowo 2:1.]
October 22, 2016, Bisnis Indonesia (Bali, Indonesia) (See similar article in the Tribun Bali).
- Beras organik dikagumi [SRI-grown organic rice displayed at Sulsel exhibition.]
October 22, 2016, (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Pemkab Lutim pamerkan beras organik batara guru di pekan raya Sulsel
October 22, 2016, Tribun Lutim (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Petani Gianyar panen padi semi-organik
October 21, 2016, Republika (Bali, Indonesia)
- Peduli lingkungan, PT BSI dampingi petani tanam padi SRI [PT Bumi Suksesindo supports SRI project in Banuwangi as part of CSR mission.]
October 19, 2016, Times Indonesia (East Java, Indonesia)
- 'Teach farmers to cultivate paddy economically' [Karnataka Ag. Minister Gowan suggests SRI for conserving water.]
October 18, 2016, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- Krishi Mela to focus on cultivation of less water-intensive crops
October 15, 2016, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- *New technique doubles ragi yield [SRI-like Guli Vidhana system for finger millet is doubling yields in Karnataka's Haveri district.]
October 15, 2016, The TImes of India (Karnataka, India)
- Seed Satyagraha: Chennai comes together to protest GM mustard [SCI suggested as a potential alternative.]
October 3, 2016, The Times of India (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Riziculture au Mali: A la croisée des innovations [Science Journalists Network (RJS) itogether with PASSIP brought a dozen journalists to San September 23-24 to meet with farmers using SRI, which is becoming a national benchmark.]
October 1, 2016 Bamada.net (Mali)
- Le Zio expérimente les techniques rizicoles malgaches
September 28, 2016, Le Temps (Togo)
- Water shortage triggers paradigm shift in cultivation in delta region [Changing patterns included switch to SRI.]
September 28, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Promotion du Système de Riziculture Intensif (SRI): Le GIZ chez les riziculteurs de la plaine aménagée de San Ouest [GIZ with the network of science journalists organized a visit to the rice growers assoication in West San (ARPASO)]
September 26, 2016, BAMADA.net (Mali)
- Menebar virus organik di Katiku Wai [SRI in the village of Katiku Wai, Sumba Timur.
September 25, 2016, Villagerspost.com (Sumba Timur, NTT) [Another post in the Villagerspost.com noted that the golden apple snail has been reduced in paddy grown with SRI.]
- President U Htin Kyaw visits integrated farm in Toungoo Township [Myanmar President U learns about SRI in Toungoo Township]
September 23, 2016, The Global New Light of Myanmar (Myanmar)
- Govt promotes SRI to achieve self sufficiency in food grain production [Triupura Ag. Dept. sets a target of producing 5 lakh 1,000MT with SRI]
September 23, 2016, tripuraninfo (Tripura, India)
- ‘Cultivating cane all year unscientific’
September 23, 2016, NOOOZ (Karnataka, India)
- Perda LP2B lindungi lahan prduktif di Kabupaten Tasik [Govt. to restrict building on paddy lands, especially SRI fields, which produce rice for export.]
September 22, 2016, Radartasikmalaya.com (West Java, Indonesia)
- Formadat holds symposium on highlanders
September 22, 2016, Suara Sarawak (Sarawak, Malaysia)
- Samdrup Jongkhar Initiative up scaling SRI [Rekhey village chosen at third pilot area; Pemathang and Langchenphu gewogs began with SRI in 2014]
September 17, 2016, The Bhutanese (Bhutan)
- TN’s kuruvai paddy is Karnataka’s bane [Shared water source between TN and Karnataka lead to SRI and aerobic rice to save water.]
September 14, 2016, Bangalore Mirror (Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, India)
- Tambang Emas fasilitasi penanaman benih unggul [South Tapanuli farmer group plants improved varieties with public and private assistance.]
September 13, 2016, Apakabarsidimpuan (North Sumatra, Indonesia)
Hiệu quả cao từ hệ thống SRI [MARD says SRI is in 29 provinces and cities and has increased yields while reducing inputs.]
September 9, 2016, Thời Báo (Vietnam)
- Troubled waters [Cauvery water shortage affecting TN and Karnataka; govt. should promote SRI.]
September 8, 2016, Business Line (Tamil Nadu/Karnataka, India)
- With kuruvai gone, farmers anxious about samba, thaladi
September 4, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Pemkab Beltim berupaya tingkatkan produksi padi [UPSUS Program to promote SRI]
Augst 30, 2016, SinarPagiNews (Bangka-Belitung, Indonesia)
- Kagodu urges farmers to go in for crop diversification practices [Vice-Chancellor of UAHS, said .. it is necessary to popularise SRI as one option to deal with water shortage.]
August 30, 2016, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- Metode SRI soft component jadikan Desa Sirangkang sukses panen [several govt agencies attend successful harvest in irangkang, Pemalang, Jawa Tengah. three farmers got over 9 tons/ha.]
August 26(?), 2016, HarianJateng (Central Java, Indonesia)
- Paddy mission programme falls flat [Nepal failed to reach rice targets; 13 districts were part of program to promote SRI.]
August 25, 2016, The Himalayan Times (Nepal)
- Feeding Kenya is not all about maize
August 24, 2016, Standard Digital (Kenya)
- L’agriculture moderne désormais à la portée des agriculteurs haïtiens [Feed the Future has been working with SRI since 2010]
August 21, 2015, Le National (Haiti)
- ‘TN’s record in foodgrain output unprecedented’ [In the last five years, 11,880 villages in Tamil Nadu were covered by SRI as a whole village concept; 27.20 lakh acres were brought SRI, which helped it produce a yield of 4,429 kg/ha; this year 3,000 more villages are covered by SRI.]
August 20, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Record caFe: We’re open to private partnership for GM crop research: ICAR DG [In an interview largely on GM, Director General of ICAR acknowledges that SRI and direct seeding can reduce methane.]
August 18, 2016, The Financial Express (India)
- Mise à l’échelle du Sri – Le Prodam en visite dans les périmètres agricoles de Diowol
August 17, 2016, La Vie Senegalaise (Senegal)
- Government promoting millet cultivation in a big way [ATMA promoting System of Ragi Intensification in tribal areas.]
August 12, 2016, The Hans India (Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Desperate times for Cambodia's farmers
August 9, 2016, The Diplomat (Cambodia)
- “Go beyond production” - IFAD President on value addition for agribusiness. [IFAD pres. Dr. Kanayo F. Nwanze visited the CHAP SRI project in Liberia]
August 8, 2016, Capitol Times Online (Liberia)
- Tanpa subsidi, harga beras Kamboja lebih murah dari Indonesia
August 8, 2016, Tempo.Co (Indonesia)
- Le SRI pour augmenter la production rizicole dans l’Artibonite
August 7, 2016, Le National (Haiti)
- ‘Focus on less water-intensive paddy cultivation practices’
August 6, 2016, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- SRI organik hasilkan 7.200 kg gabah
August 3, 2016, Suara Merdeka, (Central Java, Indonesia)
- Itasy: introduction réussie du SRI
August 2, 2016, News Mada (Madagascar)
- Récolte rizicole 2016 : Un rendement moyen de 11 tonnes à l’hectare à Morarano Antongona
August 2, 2016, Midi-Madagaskara (Madagascar)
- La campagne de riz officiellement lancée
July 31, 2016, Le National (Haiti)
- Paddy transplantation on in full swing [50-60 farmers in Canacona, Goa, India, are using SRI on 20 ha. this Kharif season.]
July 31, 2016, Navhind times (Goa, India)
- Bringing change to the community [Student Team “4Nature” from Universiti Utara Malaysia won best project in Khind Starfish Foundation (KSF) competition for educating farmers on organic farming in Kedah and Perlis, Malaysia.]
July 30, 2016, The Star Online (Malaysia)
- Next of ‘Khind’ [KHIND Starfish Foundation awards best project award to SRI project by Enactus Universiti Utara Malaysia]
July 29, 2106, The Sun Daily (Malaysia)
- Agriculture contributed to 18 pc of emissions in 2010: LS told [National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture launched in 2010 under National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC) addresses both mitigation and adaptation to climate change through programmes such as System of Rice Intensification (SRI) against conventional rice cultivation] [similar article in Investmentguruindia.com
July 26, 2016, Business Standard (New Delhi, India)
- Farmers hit by brown planthopper plague
July 21, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- SRI bikin subur padi Putat [SRI has been successful in Putat, Geger, since 2012. New transplanters will help reduce labor.]
July 16, 2016, radarmadium.co.id ( East Java, Indonesia)
- ATMA Ghathashi block conducts trainings and demonstrations
July 9, 2016, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- Rice science for farmers: Successful technologies [mentions SRI as a way to increase yield.]
June 30, 2016, The Himalayan (Nepal)
- Learn nuances of technology, agri varsity VC tells farmers
June 28, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Award for Nagercoil AIR station [All India Radio’s Local Station in Nagercoil had bagged ‘Outstanding commercial performance’ award from Prasar Bharati. He said that due to the persistent campaign by the AIR for System Rice Intensification (SRI), the cultivation of paddy had increased by 30 % in Kanniyakumari district, Tamil Nadu.]
June 28, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Delta farmers in distress over loan waiver
June 12, 2016, Times of India (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Delta farmers upbeat [In Thanjavur, District Collector toured paddy nurseries have been raised using the mat nursery for machine transplanting with SRI]
June 5, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- In water-stressed Andhra, farmers sign pact to share ground water [Borewell sharing agreements to stress SRI use for paddy.]
June 4, 2016, Hindustan Times (Andhra Pradesh, India)
- TN govt announces Rs 54-crore package to save kuruvai crop [Rs 4,000 will be provided as 100% subsidy to those involved in mechanised cultivation using SRI]
June 2, 2016, NYOOOZ (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Dam not to be opened on June 12, but CM floods delta with sops [Ryots in the six delta districts encouraged to use SRI to save water and increase paddy yield.
June 2, 2016, dtNext (Tamil Nadu, India)
- 5,000 number of farmers using water-saving Rice Intensification System
May 26, 2016, The Star (Kenya)
- The Groundbreakers [IGSSS project in Kashmir, India, includes SRI training and cono-weeders.]
May 31, 2016, Kashmir Life (Kashmir, India)
- Dried out [Article by Narendra Kaushik about drought in India suggests SRI and SSI for drought-proofing]
May 30, 2016, Bangkok Post (Thailand)
Sri successfully introduced in Manipur
May 29, 2016, The Sentinel (Manipur, India)
- Nitish flags off 38 'Krishi Raths' [Bihar CM Nitish Kumar asked Ag. Dept. to sure Kahir production used SRI methods.]
May 20, Times of India (Bihar, India)
- Hasil panen petani di Libukan Lutim meningkat [Sustainable Agriculture Program initiated by PT Vale along East Luwu District Government, in cooperation with the Foundation Aliksa Organic farming consultant SRI.]
May 16, TribunLutim.com (Sulawesi, Indonesia)
- Produktivitas Klaster Padi Organik binaan BI di Bali meningkat [Bank Indonesia supports organic ag program; uses SRI for rice.]
May 14, 2016, Kabarnusa.com (Bali, Indonesia)
- SRI diharapkan dapat tingkatkan hasil pertanian [University students and extension agents promote SRI in Singojuruh district of Banyuwangi Regency.]
May 18, 2016, SuaraDesa (East Java, Indonesia)
- An agro-ecological way through the sugarcane problem – before we quickly resort to GM crops
May 12, 2016, The Wire (India)
- Kendala saat pembuatan pupuk organik
May 11, 2016, Republika online (West Java, Indonesia)
- Boosting rice production [Farmers in Domasi get support for SRI from AGRA project].
May 10, 2016, The Nation (Malawi)
- From plate to plough: Drop by careful drop [notes that flooding of rice fields needs to be replaced by SRI, which can save about 30 per cent water.]
May 9, 2016, The Indian Express (India)
- Agri Dept strives for self-sufficiency [Agriculture Dept. in Manipur reports that SRI for paddy and zero-till for mustard have been successfully introduced in the state.]
May 9, 2016, E-PAO (Manipur, India)
- Agroecology in Africa: Mitigation the old new way [Notes SRI in Mali among other examples]
May 2, 2016, The Herald (Zimbabwe)
- Assam's bowl of success [In addition to new varieties, NSFM consultant suggests SRI to combat climate change.]
April 27, 2016, The Eastern Today (Assam, India)
- SRI dapat tingkatkan tingkatkan hasil panen [Extension agent want the govt. to become more serious about SRI as it raises yields; should also try it with hybrids.]
April 27, 2016, SuaraDesa (East Java, Indonesia)
- Mali: Plaine de San ouest: Le salut par la diversification des cultures de contre-saison
April 26, 2016, MaliActu.net (Mali)
- Taking the tech back to his roots
April 25, 2016, New Indian Express (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Uddhav Bharali develops new sowing device
April 24, 2016, Assam Tribune (Assam, India)
- Beras organik Banyuwangi tembus pasar luar [A farmers group in Banyuwangi, East Java, grew 20 local varieities with SRI and are exporting to several countries.]
April 23, 2016, Medan Binis (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Tata Steel providing access to sustainable livelihoods for SC/ST people [Tata Steel initiative over the last four years, has resulted in SRI adoption by nearly 8,000 farmers have benefited of which more than 40 percent, of SC/ST communities. SRI has increased yields from 0.5-0.6 tons/acre in FY05 to about 2.5 tons/acre in the fiscal year 2015-16.]
April 18, 2016, The Avenue Mail (Jharkhand, India)
- La Union farmers cite better yield from organic farming
April 14, 2016, Philippine Information Agency (La Union, Philippines)
- IPB ciptakan pupuk organik pengganti urea (IPB Professor Iswandi Anas wants to reduce the amount of agrochemicals used; SRI is a good way to do it)
April 12, 2016, Kabar24 (Bogor, Jawah Barat, Indonesia)
- A silver lining amid gloom [Agro-economist suggests that yield gaps of existing varieties could be reduced with the adoption SRI]
April 1, 2016, The Financial Express (Bangladesh)
- Nasyit Umar: Dengan program SRI, petani panen 4 kali setahun
March 24, 2016, Fajar (Indonesia)
- Fraksi Demokrat dorong program SRI yang mampu tingkatkan panen padi [SRI promoted by member of the Democratic Party in House of Representatives session.]
March 23, 2016, Detik News (Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Wow! Tanam padi organik sistem SRI, petani di Pati bisa panen 3,7 ton tiap setengah hektare
March 18, 2016, Tribun Jateng (Central Java, Indonesia)
- Bocah SD di Sukolilo Pati Ini Riang gembira tanam padi organik
March 18, 2016, Tribun Jateng (Central Java, Indonesia)
【ミャンマー】子どもたちの未来のために、学校教育支援 [SRI included in education program in Myanmar]
March 11, 2016, Global News Asia (Myanmar)
- GMR shows industry, agriculture can co-exist in Odisha [GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited (GKEL) supports SRI and other ag projects in Odisha]
March 7, 2016, Business Today (Odisha, India)
- Imkonglemba on success story of SRI method
March 6, 2016, Morung Express (Nagaland, India)
- Sowing the seed of hope [Woman farmer from Tiruppali wins high yield award with SRI]
March 3, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Mentan kagumi pertanian Purworejo [Minister of Agriculture visits and is satisfied with SRI-based rice production in District Kutoarjo and Wunut Ngombol Districts]
March 1, 2016, Kedaulatan Rakyat (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia)
- Mixed cropping, organic farming and water saving technologies help Naidu turn barren land into a green farm
February 29, 2016, The Weekend Leader (Telangana, India)
- Bali kembangkan klaster ketahanan pangan
February 28, 2016, Republika (Bali, Indonesia)
- Young tribal woman inspires Odisha’s farming community
February 27, 2016, India Matters (Odisha, India)
- Tanam padi metode SRI hemat pupuk [Magelang regency maps 36,882 ha. of SRI fields]
February 15, 2016, Suara Merdeka Cetak (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia)
- VC SKUAST-K asks KVKs to take research to field
February 11, 2016, Kashmir Reader (Kashmir, India)
- Nothing to beat black rice
February 9, 2016, The Hindu BusinessLine (India)
February 8, 2016, Thairath.co.th website (Thailand)
- Out goes paddy rice farming, in comes a new efficient method [SRI trainings by Indian team in Ahero irrigation Scheme.]
February 5, 2016, Daily Nation (Kenya)
- Uji coba tanam padi organik bisa hasilkan 9,7 ton per hektare [Trials with mentik wangi variety yield 9.7 tons/ha with organic SRI in Pati Regency]
February 4, 2016, Republika Online (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia)
- SRI technique adopted by this teacher-farmer yields CM award [Madurai farmer has highest paddy yield for 2014-15 using SRI.]
February 3, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Tahun 2016, Aceh Utara targetkan 489 ton lebih produksi padi [For 2016, 489,926 tons of paddy are targeted to be produced with SRI in North Aceh regency.]
February 3, 2016, WOL (Aceh, Indonesia)
- Petani Pati sukses panen padi mentik wangi organik 9,7 ton [Central Java farmer groups gets 9.7 ton yield with organic SRI and mentik wangi variety]
February 3, 2016, MuriaNewsCom (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia) [See similar article in Antara News]
- Dinas Pertanian Bondowoso datangkan tim setrifikasi independen dalam upaya tingkatkan hasil pertanian organik [Dept of Ag in Bondowoso Regency seeks to accelerate organic ag with SRI]
January 28, 2016, BeritaLima (East Java, Indonesia)
- Pesisir Selatan targetkan produksi padi 327,5 ribu ton [SRI encouraged to meet Pesisir Selatan regency's 2016 rice production target.]
January 27, 2016, Kinciakincia.com (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- Highest paddy yield bags Madurai woman Rs 5 lack prize [Madurai farmer has highest paddy yield for 2014-15 using SRI.]
January 27, 2016, NYOOOZ (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Bihar govt to encourage zero tillage farming in Gaya district: Minister [Bihar gov. to increase not-till and SRI area due to rain deficit.]
January 27, 2015, Times of India (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Kelompok tani ini panen padi organik 9,4 ton per hektare [SRI harvest by farmer group in Pati, Central Java, reaches 9.4 t/ha while conventional is 4.5 t/ha.]
January 14, 2016, Republika News (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia) [Similar article in Koran Pati]
- Green crusader (Story of an organic SRI farmer in Madurai)
January 13, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu,India)
- Aceh Utara kembangkan varieties padi 3S
January 12, 2016, Wol (Aceh, Indonesia)
- Africa: Agroecology in Africa - Mitigation the old new way [Mentions SRI and recent Oakland Institute's case study about SRI in Mali.]
January 11, 2016, AllAfrica
- JSPL’s Social development initiatives in Angul, Odisha [JSPL's CSR includes collaborating with NABARD on 400 acres of SRI in Angul]
January 9, 2016, Odisha News Insight (Odisha, India)
- ASD-16 variety paddy shows good growth [16-variety SRI trials shows good success]
January 7, 2016, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Climate-friendly rice growing method yields more [SRI farmer wins “Highest Yielder for Naturally Grown Organic Rice Farming” award in 2015 using SRI.]
January 6, 2016, Philippine Daily Inquirer (La Union, Philippines)
- Hayley, Andrea. 2016. Going Against the Grain. Epoch Times. December 2. [With the Green Revolution failing, Cornell professor Norman Uphoff is offering a better way to feed the world]
- Traoré, Sayouba 2016. Le système de riziculture intensive, ou SRI, à Bama au Burkina Faso. Le Coq chante, RFI website. [Entry page for a French radio show about SRI in Burkina Faso.]
- 2016. Seeds of success. Oxfam America website. November 14. [Oxfam's Chris Hufstader talks about a farmer's success in Cambodia].
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra Ri-Bhoi. 2016. Field day on SRI Paddy (var. Rcm-10). ICAR website. November 7. [Demonstrate the performance of var. RCM-10 under SRI in Meghalaya, India.]
- Orong, Emilie. 2016. Le Zio expérimente les techniques rizicoles malgaches. Le Temps, September 28.
- Alpina, Alwi. 2016. Aris situmorang Ajak warga betanigenan konsep SRI. Dewan Perwakilan Rakyat Daerah Kabutapaten Luwu Timur website. November 10. [Article about a workshop by the joint government/PT Vale organic SRI project in Luwu Timur, Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia.]
- Obligacion, Eli J. 2016. While changing the narrative of farming in PH, Agrea's Cherrie Atilano receives top awards. Marindugue Rising. November 12. [Update on the work of the NGO AGREA, which includes organic SRI, in Marinduque, Philippines.]
- Welthungerhilfe India. 2016. When Ghanshyam ventured into vermicomposting in 2013, nobody imagined that this small initiative would change his life one day. Welthungerhilfe India website. November 7. [SRI and SWI as well biopesticides and vermicomposting.change the life of a Jharkhand farmer via a program of the NGO Welthungerhilfe India.]
- 2016. BI: Pariwisata Pesat, Pertanian Bali dan NTB Kini Jadi Alternatif Ekonomi. Industri website. November 2. [Bank Indonesia wants to look toward other sectors besides tourism to drive economy... cites organic SRI rice project in Pulagan, Bali, as raising productivity by 20%.]
- Hilario, Frank. 2016. Green dreams: IRRI shares the hope. iWord Affairs blog. October 27.
- Prakash, Pranav. 2016. The hidden casteism of climate change reporting in India. The Quint website, Environment section. October 27. [SRI is one of the innovations used by the he Laya Tribe Development Organisation, who works with Adivasi communities in India.]
- 2016. 多国生态农业实践:如何确保长期增产? (Multinational Eco-Agriculture Practices: How to Ensure Long-Term Yield Increase?). 360doc website. October 26. [Chinese langauge article on an upcoming guide to sustainable cereal production in FAO's Save and Grow in Practice series. SRI is one of the suggested practices.]
- Demare, Holly. 2016. Olam looking for research that may change the world. World-Grain.com
- 2016. Can your science research change the world? Scale your impact with funding from the Olam Prize for work into food security. Olam website. October 12. [Looking for next Olam Prize winner. SRI-Rice won last year..]
- Mati, Bancy, and Kennedy Ouma. 2016. Mrs. Lonah Akumu: One Woman’s story of resilience championing SRI in western Kenya. SRI4Women blog. October 11.
- Styger, Erika. 2016. The System Of Rice Intensification And Its International Community Of Practice. Counter Solutions. October 11. [First published in Patterns of Commoning]
- 2016. Rice farming system equips vulnerable farmers to triple rice profits and decrease risk of trafficking. Counter Trafficking-in-Persons (CTIP) in Cambodia website. October 6.
- Maier, Von Marco. 2016. Indien: Organische Landwirtschaft statt Gentechnik ist erfolgreich. Contra Magazin website. October 1.
- 2016. MIT project awards innovative climate proposals, presents $10,000 prize. Climate CoLab website. [ClimateRe's carbon ofsetting project to finance SRI wins honorable mention.]
- 2016. PR4: System of Rice Intensification. eborc.im website. September 30. [Overview of SRI history, primarily in India.]
- Wheeler, Cat. 2016. Happy endings. Bali Advertiser. [accessed September 30, 2016.]
- 2016. Nestlé India’s commitment on water stewardship. Nestle India website. September 29. [For water saving, Nestle India has partnered with AgSRI on SRI and SSI.]
- 2016. Reni Suasih: "Analisis determinan kesejahteraan petani (Studi kasus di Subak Pulagan Des Tampaksiring Kabupatan Gianyar." Prgram Pascasarjana Universitas Udayana website. September 28.
- 2016. Technology adoption, System of Rice Intensification and food security in rural Bangladesh. Global Development & Research Initiative (GDRI) website, research section. [accessed September 2016]
- 2016. Pasali conducts training on System of Rice Intensification methodologies. Pasali Philippines website. September 19. [31 farmers get SRI training at Pasali Center in Sultan Kudarat, Philippines, Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2016.]
- Bollier, David. 2016. Transnational Republics Of Commoning. CounterCureents.Org website. September 16.
- 2016. The Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security. Olam Group website. September. [Applications for the 2016 Olam Prize will open on October 16. SRI-Rice won in 2015. See video on the page.]
- 2016. SRI advancing in Latin America to help address climate change, IICA website. September. [This post appears in the IICA Delegation in the USA Newsletter - July - August 2016. This project involved 150 producers in Colombia and the Dominican Republic.]
- 2016. SRI being piloted at Rekhay for the first time. Samdrup Jougkhar Initiative website. July 6. [Samdrup Jongkhar Initiative has begun piloting SRI at Rekhay (Dewathang Gewog), Bhutan.] [accessed Sept. 15, 2016]
- Samphel, Norbu, Erik Landry, and Emily Green-Tracewicz. 2015. System of Rice Intensification - A case study from Bhutan. Samdrup Jougkhar Initiative website. October. [accessed Sept. 15, 2016]
- 2016. The “Swavalamban” Initiative. agromanthan website. September 11. [SRI/SWI included in this initiative to help farmers in India.]
- Mahesh, Ashwin. 2016. Four things that can be done to address Cauvery problem. Citizen Matters/Bangalore blog. September 6. [Article recommends SRI as the first way that Cauvery delta water shortage could be dealt with.]
- IPCALS. 2016. How farmers in Uttarakhand reworked the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Innovations from sociotechnical interactions in the field. Cornell Events Calendar listing, Cornell University website. September 6.
- Bollier, David. 2016. New forms of network-based governance. David Bollier blog. September 4. (Article reproduced on the Resilience website on Sept. 19). [More on SRI as an example of the global eco-digital commons.]
- 2016. Budidaya padi organik dengan metode SRI. Riong Medan News blog. September 2. [In Bahasa Indonesia. Instructional material for organic SRI from North Sumatera, Indonesia. Includes videos on various steps. The original article by Syahroni Yunus dan Titis Priyowido was initially posted on the Alamtani website in 2013.]
- Essabra-mensah. 2016. Ghana's local rice gets quality certification logo. Essabra's stories blog. August 31. [Ghana Rice Inter-Professional Body (GRIB) has developed a certification logo, and is promoting SRI to improve the quality of local rice.]
- Rawat, Bhim Singh. 2016. DRP News Bulletin 29 August 2016 - WHEN DAMS CAUSE FLOODS. SANDRP website. August 29. [Ag section reports that in the last five years, 11,880 villages were covered by SRI as a whole village concept and 27.20 lakh acres used SRI, helping to get a yield of 4,429 kg / hectare; 3,000 more villages will add SRI this year.
- Kurunganti, Kavitha. 2016. Improving India’s oilseeds production. DownToEarth. August 23. [There is clear evidence that large scale adoption of agro-ecological methods like System of Crop Intensification (SCI, or also referred to as System of Mustard Intensification when it is deployed in this crop) will not only increase productivity but also reduce use of water resources, and reduce cost of cultivation for farmers.]
- WAAPP. 2016. Senegal adopts Climate Smart Agriculture to mitigate effects of climate change. West Africa Agricultural Productivity Program website. [SRI one of the options noted along with improved seed for other crops in CSA measures promoted by WAAPP.] [accessed August 23, 2016]
- 2016. Tips budidaya padi organik dengan metode SRI. Cara Mengobati website. August 18. [Short SRI instructions for organic SRI; in Bahasa Indonesia.]
- Rashid, Nur Fatiehah Abdul. 2016. Padi organik SRI Lovely. Utusan Online, July 18. [accessed August 17, 2016]
- 2016. (Maybe August?). Program Hibah Bina Desa tanam padi metode SRI. Politcknik Negeri Jember website. [Jember students plant SRI as part of program to add hard skills to their higher education.]
- 2016. REDD+ in the Congo: It has to be cost effective. Woods Hole Research Center website. August 9. [SRI part of WHRC's Projet Équateur's REDD+ strategy in the DRC's Équateur province.]
- 2016. First-ever skill development workshop on settled cultivation held at Chandigre, Garo Hills. Wildlife Trust of India website. [Workshop on SRI and ICM on settled cultivation organized by WTI, ICAR and WLT in Meghalaya's Faro Hills Autonomous District.]
- Bodhi, Bhikku. 2016. Using less to get more: Crop intensification in Ethiopia. Buddhist Global Relief website. August 11. [Buddhist Global Relief and Oxfam partner to use SCI methods for vegetables in Ethiopia.]
- Govindwad, Vishnukant. 2016. How a tribal community In MP united to protect their only source of livelihood. August 5.
- Price, Sue, and Declan McCormack. 2016. SRI4Women website. August 1. [New website focused on women and SRI; their major project is making a documentary about SRI and women.]
- Marwa, Bill. 2016. A system of rice intensification has changed my life. Oxfam blog, East Africa section. July 29. [About a project in Pili involving Oxfam that includes SRI. The larger project is funded by the Scottish government is implemented in 3 regions of Shinyanga, Geita and Simiyu in Northern Tanzania.] [accessed August 1, 2016]
- XAAM. 2016. Cresting water abundance through conservation and judicious use. XAAM website. July 30. [An Indian website that summarizes the answers to queries such as steps to ensure water access in India. SRI is one of the recommendations.]
- Press Information Bureau. 2016. Climate Change & Agriculture Sector. Press Information Bureau Government of India Ministry of Environment and Forests website. July 26.
- Mougdil, Manu. 2016. Rice and shine. India Water Portal. July 22. [Punjab continues to overuse water. SRI is used, but would be more popular if mechanization were available.]
- 2016. Season-long training on System of Rice Intensification. AGREA facebook page. July 8. [Post on a an SRI training in Marinduque, Philippines.]
- 2016. Changing the narrative on farming in the Philippines. AGREA(ph) website. June 29. [AGREA’s SRI training program to four rice-farming communities in Marinduque.]
- Leu, Andre. 2016. Regenerative organic agriculture an reverse climate change. Permaculture website. July 21. [..a good body of scientific evidence showing that the scaling up of regenerative agricultural systems such as organic agriculture, permaculture, agroecology, holistic grazing, a system of rice intensification, and agroforestry can make a significant contribution to drawing down the 122 ppm of CO2 from the atmosphere into the soil as soil organic matter (SOM), and reverse climate change to pre-industrial levels.]
- 2016? Habiba Msonga examines her rice paddy. unfao channel, Instagram.
- Gudiño, Blanca. 2016. Promueven metodología de producción arroz adaptada a los cambios climáticos. Ultima Hora website. July 14.
- 2016. Menanam padi dalam polybag system S.R.I. Indonesia Betanam website. July 17. [A method of growing SRI rice entirely in plastic bags!]
- 2016. India: Irrigation & water saving. Pesticide Action Network website. [SRI is one of Tamil Nadu Women’s Collective's (TNWC) main approaches.. and it saves water.] [accessed July 17, 2016]
- Warsztacki, Fanny. 2016. Le riz, ce grand consommateur d’eau. SOS Faim website. June 16. [SRI can reduce water use; example is SEXAGON farmers in Mali,] [accessed July 15, 2016]
- 2016. Budidaya padi organik. Kreasi Zafran blog. July 13. [Bahasa Indonesian practical information on organic SRI.]
- 2016. Architects promote use of native crop species. dna website. July 8 [Students in Maharashtra experiment with native crops; try out SRI for rice.]
- 2016. India: Irrigation & water saving. Pesticide Action Network website. [Tamil Nadu Women’s Collective (TNWC) uses trains women in organic SRI methods.] [accessed July 8, 2016]
- 2016. Agriculture uses 25% of GHG emissions. Humanity Voice Watch website. July 4.
- Taub, Ben. 2016. Rice and wheat production use more water than all other crops put together. IFL Science website. July 1. [Article suggests SRI can reduce water and methane..]
- ActionAid. Bumper harvest of mustard by Odisha farmer! ActionAid website.[Adapting SRI to mustard in Odisha, India. SCI adaptation brings mustard yield from 40-50 kg to 145 kg during rabi season]. [accessed July 3, 2016]
- UNDP India. 2016. Green harvest: Organic farming along the Maharashtra coastline. UNDP India website, Environment and Energy section. [SRI projects by UNDP/Govt. of Maharashtra have increased rice yields nearly 40-80 percent while reducing the need for irrigation by up to 40 percent, while increasing family incomes from INR 20,000 to 70,000 per season.] [accessed July 2, 2016]
- Ajmal. date? System of Rice Intensification - SRI. Ajmal Foundation website. [accessed July 2, 2016] [Short overview of SRI and its introduction into Assam. India]
- Arandela, Joby. 2016. There is no hard-reset or factory reset for the environment. Life from Ridge to Reef blog. July 2. [Progress on trying the organic SRI in Panay, Philippines, after after a year.]
- 2016. Society of Conservation Agriculture - System of Rice Intensification (CA-SRI). CA-SRI website. [This is a website in Taiwan.] [accessed June 30, 2016]
- Hendro, Wahyu. 2016. Tips budidaya padi organik dengan metode SRI. Dasar Pertanian blog. June 28. [Indonesian language tips for planting organic SRI.]
- 2016. Oxfam calls on food companies to reduce emissions in their supply chains. Agriculture at Crossroads (Global agriculture) website. June 28. [Oxfam calls for a change in how crops are produced in a way that supports small-scale farmers and helps to build their resilience to climate shocks. SRI can do this while reducing GHGs.]
- Bollier, David. 2016. Beyond development: The Commons as a new/old paradigm of human flourishing. David Bollier blog. June 25. [Also carried in CounterCurrents.org]
- 2016. Community resilience in East Asia. Oxfam website. [SRI listed as one of programmatic interests (sustainable livelihoods) in Cambodia.]
- 2016. Carolina Gold: Our adventurous experimentation with growing rice in southeastern North Carolina. Healing Earth Farm blog. April 2. [A farm in N. Carolina successfully experiments with Carolina Gold rice using SRI methods.] [accessed June 23, 2016]
- Lotus Foods. 2016. Lotus Foods introduces organic red rice from Madagascar, the red island. PR Newswire. June 23. [Lotus Foods to replace their Bhutan red rice with Madagascar red rice grown with SRI methods.]
- SRI-LMB. 2016. Farmer's Congress and National Review and Planning Workshop - Thailand / Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the The System of Rice Intensification in the Lower Mekong River Basin (SRI-LMB). SRI-LMB website. [Concept note for a SRI-LMB workshop to be held June, 23-25, 2016, in Surin province, Thailand.] [accessed June 23, 2016]
- Hufstader, Chris. 2016. Fathers: Some are not so terrible. First Person Blog (Oxfam America). June 16.
- Hufstader, Chris. 2016. A daughter in Cambodia doubles rice harvest, and surprises her parents. Oxfam America website. June 14. [Also published on the Cambodia Oxfam site.]
- Leinau, Steve. 2016. Small SRI rice farmers can reap big benefits with affordable tools. Earth Links, Inc. website. June 14.
- Sodjah, Doris, and Naa Palm. 2016. MoFA, EDAIF, CSIR collaborate to promote Ghana's agriculture. Ghana.gov.gh website. May 20. [The Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA), through the Export Trade Agricultural and Industrial Fund (EDAIF) and under the Quality Rice Seed Program, has supported 12,342 rice farmers and established 90 System of Rice Intensification (SRI) demonstrations nationwide.]
- 2016. Popularising SRI (The System of Rice Intensification). Sadhana Farm website. May 26. [Review of the Indian film, Ek Ropa Dhaan, which came out a few years ago.]
- Donny, Made. 2016. Gathering success family farm Java and Bali Degree of Innovation-based processed rice 2016. Red Rice Bali News.com. May 18. [PT HM Sampoerna Foundation and Somya Pratiwi support one-day group SRI activities in Tua village, Tabanan, Bali.] [Story also available on the BIDIK Nusantara website.]
- 2016. Rice farmers reap big with water-saving technology. Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology website. May 19. [Farmer stories from Kenya's West Kano Irrigation Scheme, Block C, share their SRI stories.]
- Bodhi, Bhikku. 2016. Projects for Fiscal Year 2016–17—Part 6 (of 6). Buddhist Global Relief website. May 14. [New and renewed projects by Buddhist Global Relief for 2016-2107 include SRI project in Cambodia, Haiti and Vietnam.]
- Mara, Hillary, and Lucy Fisher. 2016. Videos about the System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Global News and Views - System of Rice Intensification (SRI) blog. May 9.
- CCDO. 2016. Success stories from the funded project of supporting community based adaptation initiatives to cope with the adverse effect of climate change in three divisions of Pawaga, Kalenga and Isimani in Iringa Rural District of Iringa Region of Tanzania / East Africa. Children Care Development Organization. Envaya.org website. May 9. [UNDP-funded project with large SRI component carried out by the Children Care Development Organization in the Iringa region of Tanzania.]
- 2016. Caring for water: Incentivise farmers to save & liberalise import of water – guzzling crops. Financial Express.
- Mara, Hillary. 2016. New publications note SRI's increasing role in the future of food production. Global News and Views - System of Rice Intensification (SRI). May 5.
- Mishra, Abha. 2016. Seeding the way with Systems of Rice Intensification in Cambodia, FAO, Family Farming Platform section. May.
- WWF. 2016. Thirsty crops cause water shortages and pollution. WWF Global website. [Article on 3 thirsty crops; SRI suggested to reduce water in rice.]
- AWID. 2016. System of Rice Intensification. Action of Women in Development (AWD) website. [This SRI pilot phase started in 2009 in Ukhrul District, Manipur, with 20 farmers and as of 2015, SRI was promoted in 12 villages to 580 farmers, increasing food security and yields.].
- 2016. A field of hope. ADRA Philippines website. May? [Farmers learn SRI from ADRA in Leyte as part of recovery efforts from Typhoon Haiyan] [accessed May 8, 2016]
- 2016? Vision, dreams and practices. Everything Organic Nursery (EVON) website. [This page says EVON has planted rice with SRI methods for three seasons in Nepal with consistent yields 2 1/2 times the Nepali traditional planting method; they are now planting wheat and oats using the same approach.] [accessed May 8, 2016]
- 2016. Community outreach program. Resource Centre For Primary Health Care (RECPHEC) website. May 6 [Nepal's RECPHEC's community health program includes SRI, SWI, and a farmer exposure visit to Uttarakhand, India, among its 16 extension activities. Also, one of the IPM farmers groups have adopted the SWI method for maize cultivation.] [accessed May 8, 2016]
- 2016. Ferdinal: 10 plus 1 Jurus Jitu Sukses KKN. Genta Andalas. May 5. [Students at Andalas University learn extension skills with SRI and cacao/coffee]
- 2016. Farming gives Cambodian family new choices. World Renew website. May 2 [Through World Renew’s local partner, Living Water Church, Sam Ol became connected with a community agriculture program in Soksan village, which helped him learn SRI and other sustainable ag techniques.]
- 2016. SRI栽培イネの田植え (Rice planting of SRI cultivated rice). 自然農田んぼ塾 (Natural Farming Rice Field School) blog. May 2. [A project in Shishizuka Field, near Tsukuba, in Japan to try out SRI.]
- Malhotra, Sarika. 2016. The real cost of water. Business Today, Cover Story. May 22. [SRI and SSI can reduce water requirements by 30-40%]
- AFL. 2016. Departemen ESL gelar acara pelatihan padi sehat di Desa Pasarean. Departemen Ekonomi Sumberdaya dan Lingkungan, Institut Pertanian Bogor website. April 20. [ESL Department at Institut Pertanian Bogor are involved in a 5 day SRI training at Nusantara Organic SRI Center (NOSC) in west Java.]
- WAAPP. 2016. SRI: Giving new life to rice production by closing productivity gap in Mali. West Africa Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP) website. April.
- Akmal, Putri. 2016. Beras organik Banyuwangi tembus pasar AS dan Qatar. detikfinance website. April 19. (Jawa Timur, Indonesia)
- 2016. Lotus Foods achieves B Corporation status. Gourmet Business, April 18.
- Sahu, K. C. 2016. Water Conservation – A Response to drought in Hazaribagh, Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) website. April 16. [Planning include for climate change in this Jharkhand community includes SRI in the Khariff season, and vegetables during rainy and winter season and pulses and millets during summer.]
- Lasway, Octavian J. 2016. System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Green Agriculture Skills website. April 14. [Series from Tanzania about how to use SRI methods. This is the first entry. The second is on seedbed preparation (April 19).
- Nawangwulan, Rati. 2016. Technology and agriculture: The perspective of a young rice scientist. The GFAR Blog. April 13. [Story about Febri Doni, grad student at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, while he was attending the Global Conference on Agricultural Research for Development in Johannesburg, South Africa, 5-8 April, 2016.]
- Trukajaya. 2016. Festival SRI (System of Rice Intensification) dan Sayur Sehat. Yayasan Trukajaya Salatiga blog. April 8. (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia)
- Mazao NGO. The Social Rice Supply Chain (SRSC) and development of rice villages. Mazao website. [Project by the NGO Mazao beginning in 2013 to build a social rice value chain in the DR. Congo] [accessed April 2016]
- Mara, Hillary. 2016. NEW BOOK: The System of Rice Intensification (SRI), Responses to frequently asked questions - by Norman Uphoff. Global News and Views - System of Rice Intensification (SRI) blog. April 6.
- Garris, Amanda. 2016. International call: Sambel Kunda, The Gambia. periodiCALS magazine 6(1) April. [Story about the SRI-Rice work with the SRI-WAAPP project in The Gambia]
- 2016. Odisha: 3rd Shambhavi Puraskar awarded to Ms Sabarmatee. Orissa Diary. March 31. [Sabarmatee, who won this award has been an important part of the SRI movement in India.]
- Thansrithong, Boonsong. 2016. ECHO Asia SRI Workshop เอคโค่ เอเซียจะจัดอบรม SRI. ECHO Community website. March. [Announcement for an upcoming training sponsored by ECHO Asia, to be held on June 8-9, 2016 in Chiang Rai, Thailand.]
- Shafer, D. Michael. 2016. Tackling climate change through agriculture. Development Channel blog. Council on Foreign Relations website. March 24. [Biochar and SRI suggested to tackle climate change.]
- DeVore, Brian. 2016. Pacing ourselves in the world hunger race. Land Stewardship Project website. March 22.
- 2016. Nestlé India supports greater access to water and sustainable water use IFIL website. March 22. [Nestlé India has launched a water stewardship initiative with AgSRI at the Kabini river Basin in Karnataka, implementing pilot projects promoting both SRI and SSI.]
- Hasbullah, Habib. 2016. Cara menanam padi organik gengan metode SRI (System of Rice Intensification). Mitalom.com website. March 19. [Indonesian language basic instructional material for SRI.]
- Manpati, Tipakson. 2016. Organic rice in Northeastern Thailand: Improving farmers’ livelihoods and the environment. Mekong Commons website. March 18. [Long story about organic rice production in Thailand; has section on an SRI farmer experience (Nattanan Katisart).]
- Ondongo, Dannish. 2016. Kisumu County banks on rice irrigation to solve food insecurity. CapitalFM, Business&Tech section. March 18. [Feature on irrigation schemes in Kisumu Country, Kenya; SRI is noted in the Mwea irrigation scheme.]
- Press Trust of India. 2016. Dhenkanal in Odisha is a proof that agriculture can co-exist harmoniously with industrialisation, Your Story website. March 7. GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited (GKEL) works with farmers to adopt SRI and other agricultural innovations in Odisha, India.]
- 2016. Impact investing - an entrepreneurial approach to philanthropy with Suzanne Biegel. CityPhilantrophy, features section. March 15. [Biegel answers question on what direction innovation is heading by saying ..we have only just begun to tap into environmentally regenerative solutions..There needs to be a serious uptake of solutions like the agro-ecological methodology like SRI.]
- Chang, Vera Liang. 2016. How carbon farming could reverse climate change. Civil Eats website. March 16. [Interview with Eric Toensmeier about his new book. He mentions SRI among other strategies.]
- Chun, Liang. 2016. YAP Proposal #413: Lessons from my grandfather (Liang Chun, Malaysia). GFAR blog [Proposal submitted to the Global Forum on Agricultural Research Youth Agripreneurs Project.]
- Hufstader, Chris. 2016. A farmer declares victory. First Person Blog. March 10. [Oxfam interview with a Cambodian rice farmer on International Women's Day.]
- Pulaski, Tessa. 2016. Food security and displacement in a warming world. Refugees International website. March 8. [Article on refugees and climate change suggest SRI as one of the ways forward.]
- Press Trust of India. 2016. Dhenkanal in Odisha is a proof that agriculture can co-exist harmoniously with industrialisation, Your Story website. March 7. GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited (GKEL) works with farmers to adopt SRI and other agricultural innovations in Odisha, India.]
- 2016. SRI: A better way to grow rice? Progress TH website. March 4. [Thoughts of a Thai group who are going to try out SRI]
- Srinivasa, Kavitha. 2016. Empowering a million lives. Issues and Concerns blog. March 7. [The second item in the March 7 issue, this post is about the Swades Foundation and their work in India, which includes1,400 farmers successfully adopting SRI, which will extend to 4,500 farmers by March 2016.]
- ALiSEA. 2016. System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Agro-Eocology Learning Alliance in South East Asia (ALiSEA) website. [Stories of four SRI farmers and one SRS farmer in Cambodia and Laos] [accessed March 3, 2016]
- Razack Lokina. 2016. The impact of the System of Rice Intensification on small-holder farmers’ welfare: Does partial adoption matter? Environment for Development (EfD) Initiative website. February 19. [Description of an EfD study will assess the determinants of partial adoption dynamics and its impact implications on yield and farm profit among rice farmers in Morogoro region of Tanzania.]
- Webber, Wendy. 2016. Buddhist Global Relief gives "the gift of life" by fighting hunger throughout the world. Foundation Beyond Belief website. February 1. [Buddhist Global Reliefs mission to combat global hunger involves grants for farmers to adopt SRI in Cambodia.]
- 2016. DRP News Bulletin 25 Jan. 2016 (Save & Grow: FAO supports SRI). SANDRP website. January 25. [South Asia Network on Dams, Rivers and People are glad that SRI is included in the new edition of FAO's Save and Grow book.]
- Gapoktan Sekar Sari. 2016. Metode tanam padi System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Gapoktan Sekar Sari website. December 31, 2015. [Indonesian language materials giving an overview of SRI methods][accessed January 18, 2016]
- 2016. Lotus Foods Launches DO THE RICE THING with More Crop Per Drop™. PR Newswire website. January 15. [Promotes SRI as "water-smart and women strong."]
- Indiryati, Iin. 2016. Kelompok S.R.I. Desa Parigi menjalin kemitraan dengan BPPT KEMENTAN RI. Harfa website. January 11.
- Rajaraman, Indira. 2016. Climate change and other wishes. Live Mint website. January 12. [One of her four new years wishes is to use SRI to help with water shortage and climate change.]
- Uphoff, Norman. 2016. Professor Norman Uphoff: Transcending boundaries to end hunger - The invisible answer under our feet. Business Fights Poverty website. January 11. [Original published in Olam blog on Dec. 4, 2016.]
- Mousseau, Frederic. 2016. Agroecology in Africa: Mitigation the old new way. Global Issues website. January 11. [SRI among the suggested agroecological methods.]
- Verzola, Roberto. 2016. Attain a yield of 170 cavans per hectare! AgriculturePhilippines website. January 7. [SRI farmer wins “Highest Yielder for Naturally Grown Organic Rice Farming” award in 2015 using SRI.]
- Sophors, Yim Sok. 2016. Proposed climate change adaptation policies on rice production in Cambodia. Yim Sok Sophors website. January 6.
Latest Research / Journal Articles / Theses - acquired during 2016
(listed in order of acquisition. See also complete alphabetized list of journal articles.)
- Red dot (•) indicates article is freely available
- • Bezabih, Mintewab, Remidius Ruhinduka and Mare Sarr. 2016. Climate change perception and system of rice intensification (SRI) impact on dispersion and downside risk: A moment approximation approach. Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy Working Paper No. 288, and, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Paper No. 256. Grantham Institute website. November. 23p. [accessed November 20, 2016]
- • Razie, Fakhrur, Iswandi Anas, et al. 2013. Efisiensi serapan hara dan hasil padi pada budidaya SRI di persawahan pasang surut dengan menggunakan kompos diperkaya. Jurnal Agronomi Indonesia 41(2): 89-97. [accessed November 5, 2016]
- Thakur, Amod K., Amir Kassam, Willem A. Stoop and Norman Upoff. 2016. Modifying rice crop management to ease water constraints with increased productivity, environmental benefits, and climate-resilience. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 235: (November 2016) 101–104. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2016.10.011 [accessed November 5, 2016]
- • Anas, Iswandi. 2016. Pertingnya bioteknologi tanah dalam mencapai sistem pertianian yang berkelanjutan. SRI-Rice website. April 9. [Text of a an "Orasi Ilmiah" talk presented on April 9, 2016, at Institut Pertainain Bogor (IPB), Indonesia.]
- Xu, Xiaopeng.徐晓鹏 2016. Anti-embedding: Community Dilemma in Extending Agricultural Ecological Environmental Protection Technology from Ecological Civilization Perspective——Taking Extension of SRI in Sichuan as an Example-反嵌入: 生态文明视阈下农业生态环保技术推广的社区困境——以 SRI 在四川省 X 村的推广为例. Journal of Agro-Forestry Economics and Management农林经济管理学报 15.3 (2016): 327-334.
- Liu, Yusheng.刘玉生 2016. The research on three-dimensional measurement technologies on the rice intensification application - 水稻种植的 “三围立体” 强化栽培技术应用研究. Shanxi Agricultural Economy-山西农经 6 : 68-69.
- Zhang, Weidong 张卫东 et al 2016. The study of system of rice intensification application on new rice varieties in Xinjiang Province, China－新疆水稻超高产强化栽培生态区域特性及模式研究. China Agricultural Information－中国农业信息 10: 59-60.
- Yuan, Zihua. 袁子华 2016. The development of system of rice intensification-水稻强化栽培体系的新发展. Jiangxi Agriculture- 江西农业 11:19
- Lv, Hongjie 吕红杰. 2016. The key steps of system of rice intensification - 水稻超高产强化栽培措施. The Friends of Farmers - 农民致富之友 11: 56.
- Xie, Baochen 谢保臣. 2016. The three-dimensional measurement technology application on rice plantation-三围立体”强化栽培技术在水稻种植中的应用. South China Agriculture 南方农业 (18)：40-41
- Chen, Yeping 陈叶平, et al. 2016. The influence of SRI seedling method and plant density on rice yields and characteristics-水稻机插强化栽培不同育秧方式与密度对产量及其性状的影响. Agricultural Development & Equipmen - 农业开发与装备 5: 73-74.
- Zhao, Xiaohong 赵小洪. 2016. The promotion and application of SRI in Longxiang Village, Sichuan Province, China － 水稻旱育秧强化栽培技术在浅丘平坝的推广与应用. Jiangxi Agriculture -江西农业 15：8.
- Deng, Hongrui. 邓洪睿 2016. Study on Yield and Economic Characters of Rice under Different Cultivation －水稻不同栽培方式下产量与经济性状研究. Agricultural Technology Service农技服务 4: 94.
- Yu, Xiaoyu 于晓羽. 2016. The discussion about system of rice intensification methodology - 水稻强化栽培技术的探析. The Friends of Farmers - 农民致富之友 09: 155.
- • Singh, Jaykrit, Thomas Abraham, et al. 2014. Effect of methods of planting, genotype options and nutrient management on agronomic traits of rain-fed rice in the context of climate change AEZ-6 of FAO. New Agriculturist 25(2): 211–217
- • Seo, Jiyeon, Baekhyung Park, et al. 2016. Evaluation of SRI water management on the reduction of irrigation supply and NPS pollution in paddies. Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment 32(2): 183-190. doi:10.15681/KSWE.2016.32.2.183
- • Mgaya, A.M. et al. 2016. Integral effect of seed treatments and production systems for sustainability of rice production under acid soil. Journal of Agronomy 15(3): 122–129. doi:10.3923/ja.2016.122.129
- • Bouet, A. et al. 2016. Performance agronomique du systeme de riziculture intensive (SRI) en Cote d’Ivoire. Asian Journal of Science and Technology 7(8): 3447-3451.
- Ahmed, Mukhtar, Fayyaz-ul-Hassan, and Shakeel Ahmad. 2017. "Climate variability impact on rice production: adaptation and mitigation strategies." In Quantification of climate variability, adaptation and mitigation for agricultural sustainability. pp. 91–111. Springer International Publishing. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-32059-5_5
- • Mitchell, Anne-Marie. 2016. Examination of improved weeding technologies with smallholder rice farmers in southern Benin, West Africa. Master of Professional Studies paper, Cornell Univeristy. (45 p., 1.15MB pdf).
- • Doni, Febri, Anizan Isahak, et al. 2016. Transforming the economy of small scale rice farmers in Malaysia via system of rice intensification (SRI). Ecology, Environment and Conservation 22(3):1151-1157.
- Ma, Junhua 马俊华. 2016. The use of three-dimensional technology in system of rice intensification method-水稻种植“三围立体“强化栽培技术应用分析. China Agricultural Information-中国农业信息 3 (2016): 036.
- Huang, Yingquan 黄应权 2016. Application and practice of rice intensive cultivation technology -水稻强化栽培技术的应用与实践. Agricultural Engineering-农业工程 04(2016): 94-95.
- Dai, Jinfen.代金芬 and Cai Lanying. 蔡兰英. 2016. The comparison between three-dimensional measurement technology and the wide-and narrow-row rice cultivation technology -杂交稻三围立体栽培与宽窄行栽培对比试验示范. Primary Agricultural Technology Extension-基层农技推广 5 (2016): 014.
- Ou, Gengyou 欧根友. 2016. The analysis of system of rice intensification method-水稻强化栽培技术分析. Practical Information of Rural Science and Technology-农村实用科技信息
- Li, Shuhua 李淑华. 2016. Analysis the effects of different patterns of rice cultivation in Jialing District in Sichuan Province-嘉陵区水稻不同模式栽培效果分析. Agricultural Science and Technology-农业科技通讯 02: 65-67.
- Wang, Yabo 王亚波. 2016. Planting performance and Cultural techniques of "Chuanyou 6203" in Shallow Hills Region of An County, in Sichuan Province.-川优 6203’水稻在安县浅丘地区的种植表现及栽培技术. South China Agriculture-南方农业2016 年 12 (2016): 73. [accessed October 31, 2016]
- Sarkar, Satyajit, Dilip Kumar Das and Ajit Kumar Dolui. 2016. Effect of integrated nutrient management on soil fertility and yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.) under System of Rice Intensification in Indian sub-tropics. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis (online version Oct. 24) doi:10.1080/00103624.2016.1225075 [accessed October 31, 2016]
- • Pasaribu, Pinta Omas. 2016. Sifat fisiologi dan agronomi padi ratun dengan sistem salibu pada budidaya System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Master's thesis. Institut Pertanian Bogor (Indonesia). (31p.,12.86MB pdf)[accessed October 31, 2016]
- • Singh, C.S., Mohit Singh, et al. 2015. Growth and yield response of rice cultivars under System of Rice Intensification and conventional method of rice production system. The Ecoscan 9(3&4): 1077-1081. [accessed October 31, 2016]
- • Gbenou, Pascal, Anne-Marie Mitchell, et al. 2016. Farmer evaluations of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) compared with conventional rice production in Benin. European Scientific Journal 12(30): 280-296. [accessed October 31, 2016]
- • Bell, Patrick Ryan. 2016. Sustainable Intensification for food security and climate change adaptation in Tanzania. PhD dissertation, The Ohio State University. (222p., 3.3MB pdf) [accessed October 31, 2016]
- • Prasad, Shambu C. 2016. Innovating at the margins: the System of Rice Intensification in India and transformative social innovation, Ecology and Society 21(4):7. doi:10.5751/ES-08718-210407 [accessed October 9, 2016]
- Shirsat, N. A., S. S. Chavan, et al. 2016. Cono weeder: An economic hand tool for women labour in paddy field. Agriculture Update 11(2): 154-157. doi:10.15740/HAS/AU/11.2/154-157. [accessed October 9, 2016]
- Doni, F., Zain, C.R.C.M. Zain, A. Isahak, et al. 2016. Relationships observed between Trichoderma inoculation and characteristics of rice grown under System of Rice Intensification (SRI) vs. conventional methods of cultivation. Symbiosis pp1-15. [Online first July 8, 2016] doi:10.1007/s13199-016-0438-3 [accessed July 13, 2016]
- Batara, Lily Noviani, Iswandi Anas, Dwi Andreas Santosa, and Yulin Lestari. 2016. Application of indigenous microorganism enriched with beneficial microbes on organic System of Rice Intensification. Jurnal Tanah dan Iklim 40(1): 71–78. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- • Othman, Siti Norezam, Zakirah Othman, and N. A. Yaacob. 2016. The value chain of system of Rice Intensification (SRI) organic rice of rural farms in Kedah. International Journal of Supply Chain Management 2016 (pp.1-8) [accessed September 23, 2016]
- • Othman, Zakirah, and Hidayah Abu Noor (eds). 2015. Proceedings: Southeast Asia Regional Conference on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) 2015. Universiti Utara Malaysia: Kedah, Malaysia. (167p., 4.3MB pdf) [accessed September 23, 2016]
- • Ludong, Daniel, and Dan Nio Ai Song. 2016. Irigasi hemat air pada padi lokal dengan variasi ketebalan tanah olah menggunakan pola tanam SRI (System of Rice Intensification). [Efficient irrigation in the local rice with thickness variation of cultivated soil using the System of Rice Intensification method]. Eugenia 22(2): 93-98. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Mohapatra, S., A.K. Mohanty, S.K. Tripathy, S. Lenka, N. Panigrahy, and B.R. Nayak. 2016. Integrated weed management under modified water regimes in System of Rice Intensification. Indian Journal of Weed Science 48(1): 17. doi:10.5958/0974-8164.2016.00003.4. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- He Shiyin-何仕银. 2014. The mulching technology in the System of Rice Intensification applied in mountain areas-山区水稻覆膜强化栽培技术. Sichuan Agriculture and Agricultural Machinery-四川农业与农机 3: 42. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Kunnathadi, Musthafa, P. R. Jayan, and C. T. Abraham. 2016. Development and testing of self-propelled cono-weeder for mechanized rice cultivation. Indian Journal of Weed Science 48(1): 25–28. doi:10.5958/0974-8164.2016.00005.8. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Lu Xiuming-陆秀明, Huang Qin-黄庆, Liu Huaizhen刘怀珍, Zhang Bin-张彬, Li Huifen-李惠芬, and Zou Jixiang-邹积祥. 2014. Intensification cultivation techniques of super rice wuyou 308 in central and north areas of Guangdong-广东中北部超级稻五优308强化栽培技术. Tillage and Cultivation-耕作与栽培 (3): 54–55. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Pandey, Aviral. 2016. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) methods in Bihar: A district level study. NIRD &PR: Journal of Rural Development 35(2). [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Poonam, Annie, Sanjoy Saha, and Sushmita Munda. 2016. Weed management in rice under SRI method of crop establishment. Research on Crops 17(2): 205–209. doi:10.5958/2348-7542.2016.00036.X. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- • Shakya, H. B., M. R. Parmar, M. T. Kumpavat, and R. Swarnkar. 2016. Development and performance evaluation of manually operated cono-weeder for paddy crop. International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science. 5(7): 6-17. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Cheng, Chaojian-程健超, and Huo Hairong-霍海榕. 2014. The experiment of the rice intensification density－水稻免耕强化栽培适宜密度试验. Agriculture and Technology-农业与技术 34(1): 91–92. [accessed September 23, 2016]
- Fazlia, Pardis, and Hasfalina Che Man. 2014. Comparison of methane emission from conventional and modified paddy cultivation in Malaysia. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2: 272 – 279. doi: 10.1016/j.aaspro.2014.11.039
- • Sridevi, V, and V. Chellamuthu. 2015. Nutrient harvest index and soil available nutrients of rice (Oryza Sativa) as influenced by System of Rice Intensification (Sri) practices. International Journal of Scientific Research 4(6): 744-746. [accessed August 15, 2016]
- • Othman, Siti Norezam, Zakirah Othman, et al. 2016. Sustainable rice production and its impact on the rice value chain: A case study of rural paddy farm in Kedah. Paper presented at the 2016 International Conference on Applied Science and Technology (ICAST 2016), April 11-13, Kedah, Malaysia. doi: 10.1063/1.4960840 [accessed August 12, 2016]
- • Dwibedi, Sanat Kumar, Gopal Chandra De, and Sudhi Ranjan Dhua. 2017. Dynamics of soil chemical properties influenced by sowing time, systems of cultivation and genotypes of kharif rice in coastal Odisha. Environment & Ecology 34(1) : 1201-1206. [accessed August 11, 2016]
- • Dwibedi, S. K., G. C. De and S. R Dhua. 2016. Weed dynamics and grain yield as influenced by sowing time and system of cultivation of rice genotypes. Journal of Crop and Weed 12(1): 107-111. [accessed August 2, 2016]
- • Dwibedi, Sanat Kumar, Gopal Chandra De, and Sudhi Ranjan Dhua. 2017. Correlation between vegetative parameters and yield with weed biomass of kharif rice genotypes at varying dates of sowing and systems of cultivation in coastal Odisha. Environment & Ecology 35(1) : 35-39. [accessed August 2, 2016]
- Kassam, Amir, and Hugh Brammer. 2016. Environmental implications of three modern agricultural practices: Conservation Agriculture, the System of Rice Intensification and Precision Agriculture. International Journal of Environmental Studies (in press, online July 19, 2016) doi: 10.1080/00207233.2016.1185329 [accessed August 1, 2016]
- Mohapatra, Sanjukta, A. K. Mohanty, et al. 2016. Integrated weed management under modified water regimes in System of Rice Intensification. Indian Journal of Weed Science 48(1): 17-20. doi:10.5958/0974-8164.2016.00003.4 [accessed August 1, 2016]
- Ly, Proyuth, Lars Stoumann Jensen, et al. 2016. Factors explaining variability in rice yields in a rain-fed lowland rice ecosystem in Southern Cambodia. NJAS - Wageningen Journal of Life Sciences (in press). doi:10.1016/j.njas.2016.05.003 [accessed July 27, 2016]
- • Hidayati, Nurul, Triadiati, and Iswandi Anas. 2016. Photosynthesis and transpiration rates of rice cultivated under the System of Rice Intensification and the effects on growth and yield. HAYATI Journal of Biosciences (in press, p.1-6, online July 16, 2016) doi: 10.1016/j.hjb.2016.06.002
- • Adrianto, Joko. 2016. Analisis adopsi SRI (System of Rice Intensification) dan dampaknya terhadap efisiensi usahatani padi di Kabupaten Solok Selatan (Analysis of Adoption on SRI (System of Rice Intensification) and Its Impact on Rice Farming Efficiency in South Solok District). Master's thesis. Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) (Indonesia). (87p., 1.31MB pdf) [accessed July 26, 2016]
- Mwatete, Gibson Kalume Kitsao. Technical efficiency differentials between conventional and System of Rice Intensification methods of rice production in West Kano Irrigation Scheme, Kenya. PhD dissertation, University of Eldoret (Kenya). [not online] [accessed July 26, 2016]
- Chen, Shih-Kai, Cheng-Shin Jang, and Cheng-Bin Tsai. 2016. Comparative study of irrigation water use and groundwater recharge under various irrigation schemes in an agricultural region, central Taiwan. EGU General Assembly Conference abstracts 18: p2361 2016. [Abstract of a paper presented April 17-22, 2016, in Vienna Austria] [accessed July 2016]
- Riyanto, Rudi. 2016. Faktor - faktor yang mempengaruhi penerapan teknologi System of Rice Intensification (SRI) di desa Kebonagung, Kecamatan Imogiri, Kabupaten Bantul (The factors of affecting the technology application System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Kebonagung Village, Imogiri District, Bantul Regency). PhD diss.?, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Yogyakarta.
- • Londong, Arnoldus, Saartje Sompotan, Pemmy Tumewu, and Jelly V. Porong. 2016. Bokashi effect of fertilizer on the growth of rice production methods and SRI (System of Rice Intensification). COCOS 7(4): [accessed July 25, 2016]
- • Nayak, Chinmayee, Ratikanta Mahunta, and Soubhagya Dash. 2016. Economic benefits of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Kendrapara District of Odisha. International Journal of Applied and Pure Science and Agriculture 2(6): 220-225. [accessed July 3, 2016]
- • Mishra, Abha. 2013. Intermittent irrigation enhances morphological and physiological efficiency of rice plants. Agriculture(Polnohospodárstvo) 58(4): 121–130. doi:10.2478/v10207-012-0013-8
- • Bassey, Jimmy Ijogu. 2016. Comparative analysis of System of Rice Intensification and traditional system of rice intensification in Abi L.G.A., Cross River State, Nigeria. European Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Research 4(2): 9-23. [accessed June 28, 2016]
- • Dzomeku, I. K., E. N. K. Sowley, and I. S. Yussif. 2016. Evaluation of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) for enhanced rice (Oryza sativa L.) production in the Guinea Savannah Zone of Ghana. Current Agriculture Research Journal 4(1). [accessed June 28, 2016]
- • Arif, Chusnul, Budi Indra Setiawan, Slamet Widodo, et al. 2015. Pengembangan model jaringan saraf tiruan untuk menduga emisi gas rumah kaca dari lahan sawah dengan berbagai rejim air [Development of artificial neural network to predict greenhouse gas emissions from rice fields with different water regimes]. Jurnal Irigasi 10(1): 1-10. [accessed June 28, 2016]
- • Maftukhah, Rizki, Erni R., Benito H. Purwanto, et al. 2015. Pengelolaan genangan air dangkal untuk meningkatkan hasil padi dengan kerangka kerja System of Rice Intensification (SRI) [Shallow water depth management to enhance rice performances under System of Rice Intensification (SRI)]. Jurnal Irigasi 10(1): 41-48. [accessed June 28, 2016]
- • Rani, S., and P. Sukumaril. 2016. Productivity and economics of medicinal rice Njavara (Oryza sativa L.) as influenced by different establishment techniques in lowland condition of Kerala, India. African Journal of Agricultural Research 11(22): 1984-1989. doi:10.5897/AJAR2013.7566 [accessed June 28, 2016]
- Parasar, Ishani, J. P. Hazarika, and Nivedita Deka. 2016. Resource use efficiency in rice production under SRI and conventional method in Assam, India. Agricultural Science Digest 36(2): 152-154. doi:10.18805/asd.v36i2.10638 [accessed June 28, 2016]
- • Prasad C., Shambu. Indigenous knowledge as emergent Science: Insights from SRI in India. 2016. Jindal Journal of Public Policy 3(1): 51-71. [accessed June 28, 2016]
- • Shukla, Shivkant, Joanna Bloese, and Tapan Ray. 2016. Effect of yield, quality attributes and cost of rice (Oryza sativa L.) variety under System of rice intensification (SRI) organic and conventional methods of rice cultivation. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 6(6): 313-316.
- Gbenou, Pascal. 2013. Evaluation participative du Système de Riziculture Intensive dans la basse vallée de l’Ouémé au Bénin. PhD dissertation, Université d’Abomey-Calavi (Benin). (213p., 4.01MB pdf) [uploaded May 2016]
- • Rodenburg, Jonne, Kazuki Sait, et al. 2015. Labor-saving weed technologies for lowland rice farmers in sub-Saharan Africa. Weed Technology 29(4): 751-757. doi:10.1614/WT-D-15-00016.1 [accessed May 6, 2016]
- • Anas, Iswandi, Joeli Barison, Amir Kassam,et al. 2011. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) as a beneficial human intervention into root and soil Interaction. Jurnal Tanah Dan Lingkungan 13(2): 72–88. [accessed May 6, 2016]
- Nandhakumar, M. R., K. Velayudham, and N. Thavaprakaash. 2016. Influence of crop geometry, age and number of seedlings on physiological characters in relation to yield of low land rice. Research on Crops 17(1): 1-7. doi:10.5958/2348-7542.2016.00001.2. [accessed May 6, 2016]
- • Razali, Rabibah, Salmah Yaakop. 2015. Insect species composition in an under SRI management in Tanjung Karang, Selangor, Malaysia. Malaysian Applied Biology 44(4): 73–80. [accessed May 6, 2016]
- • Wichelns, Dennis. 2016. Managing water and soils to achieve adaptation and reduce methane emissions and arsenic contamination in Asian rice production. Water 8(4): 141. doi:10.3390/w8040141. [accessed May 6, 2016]
- • Bhadoria, Pratapbhanu Singh. 2016. Technological interventions for food security. International Journal of Advances in Agricultural & Environmental Engineering 3(1): 121–25. [accessed May 6, 2016]
- Ray, Plabita, and T. Barik. 2016. Effect of fertility levels, genotypes, planting pattern and spacing from plant to plant in the same hill on yield and economics of rice under SRI during dry season. Environment and Ecology 34(1): 65–69. [accessed May 6, 2016]
- • Uphoff, Norman, and Frank B. Dazzo. 2016. Making rice production more environmentally-friendly. Environments 3(2), 12. doi: 10.3390/environments3020012 [accessed May 2016]
- • Mishra, Abha, Prabhat Kumar, and Jan Willem Ketelaar. 2016. Improving rice-based rainfed production systems in Southeast Asia for contributing towards food security and rural development through sustainable crop production intensification. AIMS Agriculture and Food 1(2): 102-123. doi:10.3934/agrfood.2016.2.102 [accessed April 15, 2016]
- Barrett, Chris, Marcel Fafchamps, Asad Islam, Abdul Malek, and Debayan Pakrashi. 2016. System of rice intensification in rural Bangladesh: Adoption, diffusion and impact. International Growth Center (IGC) Working Paper. February 14. (37 pdf) [A study by researchers from Cornell, Stanford, and Monash Universities, IIT (Kanpur), and BRAC studying SRI in farming communities being served by BRAC. A follow up study is planned.] [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Katambara, Zacharia Saimon, Marco Mng’ong’o, Consolatha Chambi, el al. 2016. Characteristics of rice produced under direct and indirect SRI practices in Chimala Area in Mbarali district Tanzania. Journal of Agriculture and Sustainability 9(1): 15–30. [accessed April 1, 2016]
- Paramasivam, R., S. Varadha Raj, T. R. Shanmugam, et al. 2016. Decadal changes in rice cultivation in Tamil Nadu: Resurvey approach. International Research Journal of Agricultural Economics and Statistics 7(1). [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Islam, M. Mokidul, and D. C. Kalita. 2016. Weed dynamics and productivity of wetland rice as influenced by establishment methods and irrigated weed management. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 45(1): 9–16. [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Supriyadi, Supriyadi, Dwi Priyo Ariyanto, and Arlin Santoso. 2015. Organic fertilizer with silk tree litter (Albizia falcataria L.) to enhance magnesium availability for paddy (Oryza sativa L.) in alfisol. Sains Tanah - Journal of Soil Science and Agroclimatology 12(1): 32–38. doi:10.15608/stjssa.v0i0.267[accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Dagar, Vishal, Usha Tuteja, Nandini Pandey, et al. 2015. Perceptions of farmers about adoption of System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Journal of Stock & Forex Trading 5(2): 1–6. doi: 10.4172/2168-9458.1000166 [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Ndirangu, Bancy Wambui. 2015. Influence of rice intensification system on rice production among small scale farmers. Case of Tebere in Mwea, Kirinyaga county in Kenya. Masters thesis, University of Nairobi (Kenya). [accessed April 1, 2016]
- Shewale, R. R. 2016. Response of summer Gujari rice to various establishment techniques and weed control methods on different yield attributes. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 12(1). [accessed April 1, 2016]
- Shewale, R. R. 2016. Effect of different weed control methods on summer Gujari rice. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 12(1). [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Lenka, Subhrasini, and J. M. L. Gulati. 2015. Root traits of rice (Oryza sativa L.) varieties under two hydrological situations as influenced by different methods of establishments. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 23(6): 1204–9. doi:10.5829/idosi.mejsr.2015.23.06.22139 [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Sivagnanam, S., K. Arivazhagan, V. Arunkumar, and S. Natarajan. 2015. Effect of timing and graded levels of nitrogen and potassium in SRI cultivation. Journal of Applied and Natural Science 7(2): 616–20. [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Senthilvalavan, P., and M. Ravichandran. 2016. Residual effect of nutrient management practices on the yield, NPK uptake and profitability of rice fallow blackgram. Asian Journal of Science and Technology 7(1): 2305–10.[accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Reuben, P., Z. Katambara, et al. 2016. Influence of transplanting age on paddy yield under the System of Rice Intensification. Agricultural Sciences 7(3): 154-163. doi: 10.4236/as.2016.73015. [accessed April 1, 2016]
- • Kega, V. M., J. H. Nderitu, F. Olubayo, et al. 2015. Influence of cropping and irrigation systems on population fluctuation of the African White Rice Stem Borer (Maliarpha separatella rag) and damage on rice. Journal of Entomology 12(2): 95–102. doi:10.3923/je.2015.95.102 [accessed March 2016]
- Wahlang, B., Anup Das, J. Layek, et al. 2015. Effect of establishment methods and nutrient management on physiological attributes and water-use efficiency of rice (Oryza sativa) in a sub-tropical climate. Indian Journal of Agronomy 60(4): 534–40.2 [accessed March 2016]
- • Mwatete, G. K. K., A. K. Kipkoech, E. C. Kipkorir, et al. 2015. Technical efficiency differentials between rice production methods: the case of conventional and System of Rice Intensification in west Kano irrigation scheme, Kenya. Journal of Agricultural and Crop Research 3(8): 130–140 [accessed March 2016]
- Ches, S., and Y. Eiji. 2015. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI): assessment on SRI farmers’ contribution to the rice markets. International Journal of Environmental and Rural Development 6(1): 69–74.2 [accessed March 2016]
- • Chakraborty, K., M. N. Moitra, A K. Sanyal, et al. 2016. Important natural enemies of paddy insect pests in the upper Gangetic plains of West Bengal, India. International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences 6(1): 35–40.2 [accessed March 2016]
- • Venkatachalam, S., K. Ranjan, R. Prasanna, et al. 2016. Diversity and functional traits of culturable microbiome members, including cyanobacteria in the rice phyllosphere. Plant Biology: 1-11. doi:10.1111/plb.12441.2 [accessed March 2016]
- • Zaidi, Mohamad Faizal Ahmad, Siti Norezam Othman, and Noor Hidayah Abu. 2016. Technology readiness for the System of Rice Intensification (SRI). International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences 6(1): 143–53. 2 [accessed March 2016]
- • Kumar, N. Senthil. 2015. Enhancing rice productivity by adopting different cultivation methods. International Journal of Pure & Applied Bioscience 3(6): 76–80. doi:10.18782/2320-7051.1992 [accessed March 2016]
- • Durga, A. R., and D. Suresh Kumar. 2016. More crop per drop of water: adoption and dis-adoption dynamics of System of Rice Intensification. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review 5(1): 74–82. doi:10.1177/2277975215617862 [accessed March 2016]
- • Rosli, Muhammad Firdaus Mohd, Muhammad Razif Mahadi, Muhammad Afiq Misri, et al. 2016. Initial design of an automated system for paddy seedling placement in a germination tray. Jurnal Teknologi 78(1–2):119-123. doi:10.11113/jt.v78.7283.2 [accessed March 2016]
- • Ardiansyah, Chusnul Arif, and Krissandi Wijaya. 2016. Nitrogen uptake of SRI paddy field compared to conventional field. Jurnal Teknologi 78(1–2):45-49. doi:10.11113/jt.v78.7259.2 [accessed March 2016]
- Kumar, Rakesh, Manoj Kumar, and Bidyut C. Deka. 2015. Production potential, profitability and energetics of transplanted rice as influenced by establishment methods and nutrient management practices in eastern Himalaya. Research on Crops 16(4):625-633. doi:10.5958/2348-7542.2015.00088.1 [accessed March 2016]
- • Abdulkadir, Tukur Daiyabu, Wan Ishak Wan Ismail, et al. 2016. Suitability of capsule as a paddy coating material for the System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Jurnal Teknologi 78(1–2):105-110. doi:10.11113/jt.v78.7277 [accessed March 2016]
- Singh, D. K., Z. Akhtar, S. Gupta, et al. 2016. Production strategies of organic basmati rice in Tarai region of Uttarakhand, India. Organic Agriculture. January (2016) 1-10. doi:10.1007/s13165-015-0143-1. [accessed February 2016]
- • Alam, Md. Jahangir, Najrul Islam, and Md. Abdur Rahman Sarker. 2015. Effect of age of seedling and depth of transplanting on the performance of transplant aman rice under System of Rice Intensification. Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 11(4): 288-293. [accessed February 2016]
- Suryavanshi, P., and Y. V. Singh. 2015. Changes in plant growth and nutritional quality of rice varieties under different methods of cultivation. Trends in Biosciences 8(3): 699–705. [accessed February 2016]
- • Krishna, V. Hari. 2016. Effectiveness of behavior of rice farmers in propagating System of Rice Intensification in Andhra Pradesh. Indian Research Journal of Extension Education 16(1): 85–91. [accessed February 2016]
- Sangeetha, C., A. Velayutham, and N. Thavaprakaash. 2015. Impact of different crop-establishment methods and weed management practices on productivity of lowland rice (Oryza sativa). Indian Journal of Agronomy 60(3): 414–419. [accessed February 2016]
- Jat, A. L., V. K. Srivastava, and Singh Rajesh Kumar. 2015. Effect of crop-establishment methods and integrated nitrogen management on productivity of hybrid rice (Oryza sativa)-wheat (Triticum aestivum) cropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy 60(3): 341–46. [accessed February 2016]
- • Ahmad, Fayaz, and Hamayoon Khan. 2016. Effect of different fertilizer treatments on the performance of some local rice varieties under SRI (System of Rice Intensification) and conventional management practices at district Swat. Pure Applied Biology 5(1): 37–47. doi:10.19045/bspab.2016.50006. [accessed February 2016]
- • (Hameed, Khidhir Abbas. 2016. Report on a thesis on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Iraq. SRI-Rice website.) [Report of trials by Laith Naeem Hassoni conducted on irrigation and organic inputs effect on SRI at the Al-Mishkhab Rice Research Station in Iraq. Full thesis is forthcoming] (4p., 3.04MB pdf)
- • Batara, Lily Noviani. 2015. Kualitas mikroorganisme lokal (Mol) yang digunakan pada penanaman padi (Oryza sativa L.) dengan metode System of Rice Intensification (Sri) organik (Quality of Indigenous Microbes (IMO) in Rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivation of organic System of Rice Intensification Method). Master's thesis. Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia. (60p, 16.74MB pdf) [accessed February 15, 2016]
- • Rufako, Ulya. 2015. Produktivitas lahan dan air pada padi sawah dengan berbagai sistem irigasi (Land and water productivities of paddy fields under various irrigation regimes). Master's thesis. Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) Indonesia. (29p., 8.38MB pdf) [accessed February 15, 2016]
- • Bashar, Zubairu U., Aimrun Wayayok, et al. 2016. SRI-Tray: Breakthrough in nursery management for the System of Rice Intensification. Jurnal Teknologi (Sciences & Engineering) 78:1-2: 65-71
- Patel, Vipul P., H. D. Mehta, and Patel Amrutbhai. 2015. Effect of nutrient management in System of Rice Intensification (Sri) cultivation under South Gujarat condition. Trends in Biosciences 8(1): 248-250. [accessed January 23, 2016]
- Gathorne-Hardy, Alfred, D. Narasimha Reddy, M. Venkatanarayana, and Barbara Harriss-White. 2016. System of Rice Intensification provides environmental and economic gains but at the expense of social sustainability - A multidisciplinary analysis in India. Agricultural Systems 143: 159-168. doi:10.1016/j.agsy.2015.12.012 [accessed January 17, 2016]
New Links from our Website to Online Publications (and SRI-Related Social Media) (2016)
(see also Latest Research directly above and Recent Uploads below for new material on our
- 2016. Inside View: Profile feature (on Norman Uphoff). Nature, November 10 issue. [Interview with Norman Uphoff on why SRI is a game-changer and how and why SRI-Rice won the first Olam Prize during 2015.]
- Siyami, Bu. 2016. "Agroecology has changed our lives for the better (p.18)," In Making the case for agroecology, Farming Matters 32(3). September.
- Styger, E., and N. Uphoff. 2016. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Revisiting agronomy for a changing climate. Practice Brief on Climate-Smart Agriculture Practice Brief. Copenhagen, Denmark: CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS). [11p., 1.352Mb pdf available on the CGSpace website.] [accessed September 20, 2016].
- Létang, Gardy, Jolette Joseph and Vikerson Garnier. 2015. Haiti Livelihoods and Disaster Risk Reduction Program Evaluation. Evaluation of strategic interventions 2011-2014. Oxfam America Evaluation Report, Relief Web website. December 2015. [accessed September 14, 2016] [Positive evaluation of SRI elements of this Oxfam program in Haiti.]
- FAO. 2014. Adapting to climate change through land and water management in Eastern Africa Results of pilot projects in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. FAO website. (180 p. pdf) [This publication presents the results and lessons learned from the FAO-Sida supported pilot project “Strengthening capacity for climate change adaptation in land and water management” in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. There are two papers on Tanzania that have very positive SRI results.] [accessed July 18, 2016]
- Watts, Meriel, and Stephanie Willamsone. 2015 Replacing chemicals with biology: Phasing out highly hazardous pesticides with agroecology. Pesticide Action Network website. [210 p., 5.37MB pdf] [accessed July 17, 2016] [SRI references abound in this publication.]
- 2016. Feeding climate change. - Oxfam briefing paper. Oxfam website. June. [See pp. 16-17 for information on why Oxfam promotes SRI.]
- Garris, Amanda. 2016. International Call: Sambel Kunda, The Gambia. PeriodCALS 6:1. April.
- PASSIP. 2016. Module 15: Système de Riziculture Intensive (SRI). Curriculum d'apprentis sage prduction et post production du riz. PASSIP website. (22p., 5.3MB pdf) [SRI training material from the Programme d/Appui au Sous-Secteur de l'Irrigation de Proximite (PASSIP), a government irrigation program in Mali carried out in conjunction with GIZ and other donor agencies. [accessed March 2016]
- 2016. Successful crop trials in the DRC. Woods Hole Research Center Monthly Newsletter - March 2016. WHRC website. [Woods Hole Research Center's Projet Equateur in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has recently embarked on an effort to engage a village community in a sustainable rice growing]
- Fisher, Lucy. 2016. Monthly SRI-Rice Global Updates. ScoopIt website. January 15, February 11, March 17. April 18.
- Uphoff, Norman. 2015. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) - Responses to Frequently Asked Questions (updated version). SRI-Rice website. (226p 10MB pdf) [Note: a hard-copy version is available on Amazon.com for $37:19; see information above]
- Diaz Anadon, Laura, Gabriel Chan, et al. 2016. Making technological innovation work for sustainable development. HKS Faculty Research Working Paper Series RWP15-079, Harvard University. 38p.
- Tiki, Sabarmatee, LIM Lian Chung, and Oeurm Savann. 2015. SRI cultivates well-being for women, In Women forging change with agroecology, Farming Matters 31(4): 26-29. December 2015. [accessed January 27, 2015]
- FAO. 2016. Higher yields from healthy plants in healthy soil. Save and Grow Farming Systems -Fact sheet 2. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations website. January 18. [Adapted from the book Save and Grow in practice: Maize, rice wheat. A guide to sustainable cereal production (FAO, 2016).] [accessed January 18, 2016]
- Reeves, Timothy G., Graeme Thomas, Gordon Ramsay, et al. 2016. Save and Grow in practice: Maize, rice wheat. A guide to sustainable cereal production. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. January 2016. (120p. pdf) [The second story, "Higher yields for healthy plants in healthy soil" in chapter 3 (pp 44-47), is about SRI in Asia.] [accessed January 18, 2016]
- TEEB. 2015. TEEB for agriculture and food: An Interim report. The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity office (TEEB), United Nations Environment Programme, Geneva, Switzerland. (100p. pdf) [see box on p.76 for SRI comparison][accessed December 15, 2015]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification training manual for extension workers and farmers. Ministry of Agriculture Food Security and Cooperatives, Tanzania. SRI West Africa website. June 2015. (38p. pdf) [accessed December 9, 2015]
- Wulandari, Metta, and Willy. 2015. Membina Desa Mandiri pangan. Dunia Tzu Chi 15(3): 21-35. [An article in Tzu Chi Yayasan Buddha Tzu Chi's Indonesian language magazine. The part on SRI is on pp. 27-34 and is about the village of Bilayuk, Hulu, Landak Regency in West Kalimantan Province of Indonesia.]
- FAO. 2015. "Rice farming - India: System of Rice Intensification vs. conventional." In Natural Capital Impacts in Agriculture: Supporting Better Business Decision-Making, pp. 59-63. FAO website. June 2015. [accessed December 7, 2015]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) volunteer handbook - Peace Corps publication no. M0118V July 2015. (Peace Corps libguides website) (62p pdf) [Produced by the Peace Corps with funding from the Feed the Future program through the USAID Bureau for Food Security].
- SRI-Rice web pages updated during November: 2016, Benin, Kenya, contact us, about us, research, theses, China research, journal articles, SWI page, other SCI page,
- PRADAN. 2016. Cultivating Rapeseed/Mustard with SRI Principles: A Training Manual (Punjabi version). System of Rice Intensification website. (9p., 816KB pdf) This manual is based on experiences by PRADAN and ATMA that began with farmers in Gaya district, Bihar. [See also the longer 2012 English version] [Uploaded November 2016]
- PRADAN. 2016. Cultivating wheat with SRI principles: A training manual manual (Punjabi edition). System of Rice Intensification website. (13p., 1.4MB pdf) [This manual resulted from the Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (BRLPS), the Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA), and the NGO PRADAN, Nalanda branch who worked together on SWI in the Gaya and Nelanda districts of Bihar.] [see also 2012 English edition. A 2011 Hindi version is also available as a PowerPoint.] [uploaded October 31, 2016]
- • Anas, Iswandi. 2016. Pertingnya bioteknologi tanah dalam mencapai sistem pertianian yang berkelanjutan. SRI-Rice website. April 9. [Text of a an "Orasi Ilmiah" talk presented on April 9, 2016, at Institut Pertainain Bogor (IPB), Indonesia.] [Uploaded November 7, 2016]
- 2016. Cultivating wheat with SRI principles: A training manual (in Punjabi language). PRADAN publication. SRI-Rice website.
- Dũng, Ngô Tiến and Hoàng Văn Phụ. 2016. System of Rice Intensification in Vietnam: A Decade Journey. System of Rice Intensification website. (17p, 362 KB pdf) [Paper presented at the event entitled The SRI Journey in Vietnam: A Decade Nn, held Sept. 27-28, 2016, in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam.
- 2016. Carbon Offsetting to Sustainably Finance the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Nepal (Flyer). SRI-Rice website. [Seminar by Juna Shrestha and Benjamin Huber held 12:30-1:10PM in 102 Mann, Cornell University, on October 7.]
- 2016. Observations on the Introduction and Rapid Growth of the System of Rice Intensifcaton (SRI) among Smallholder Farmers in Kenya (Flyer). SRI-Rice website. [Seminar by Jean Njiru will be held 2:30-3:30Pm n 102 Mann, Cornell University, on October 7.]
- Mara, Hillary. 2016. SRI in Guinea: Training extension agents, farmers, community leaders, and Peace Corps Volunteers. August 24 feature article, SRI-Rice website. [Article on Hillary Mara's 2016 SRI trainings with NGOs and the Peace Corps in Guinea, West Africa.]
- ECHOAsia. 2016. ECHO Asia organized a Northern Thailand SRI Experience Workshop, June 2016. SRI-Rice website. (3p., 326KB pdf.)
- Uprety, Rajendra. 2016. Integration of SRI with conventional methods and its performance in Morang district, Nepal, 2015. SRI-Rice website. June 26. [uploaded June 28, 2016]
- Mara, Hillary. 2016. The newest SRI champions: Farmers and extension agents in Côte d’Ivoire. SRI-Rice website, Features section. May 12. [SRI-Rice feature article based on report by Alphonse Bouet, National Facilitator of SRI-WAAPP Côte d’Ivoire]
- Bouet, Alphonse. 2016. Rapport de synthese du test de pre-vulgarisation du Systeme de Riziculture Intensive en Côte d’Ivoire en 2015. SRI-Rice website. March. (85p., 3.07 MB pdf) [Report on SRI progress by the SRI-WAAPP/PPAAO project during 2015 in preparation for further extension activities in Côte d’Ivoire.] [uploaded May 2, 2016]
- Uphoff, Norman. 2016. Sistema de Intensificatión del Cultivo del Arroz (SRI). SRI-Rice website, Spanish documents section. (23p., 2.14MB pdf) [A Spanish translation by the Instituto Interamericano de Cooperación para la Agricultura (IICA) of the short version of Uphoff's book, The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) - Responses to Frequently Asked Questions.] [Uploaded May 10, 2016]
- Jenkins, Devon. 2016. Meet Kinsa Sidibeh, an SRI farmer in Central River Region South, The Gambia. SRI-Rice website. April 27. [uploaded April 26, 2016]
- Fisher, Lucy. 2016. Earth Day: Farmers using the System of Rice Intensification are doing their part. SRI-Rice website. April 22. [Updated version of an Earth Day article originally published in 2012.]
- 2016. Global adoption of SRI in 2016. SRI-Rice website. [Map of the countries adopting SRI (and how much) as of 2016. [uploaded April 21, 2016]
- 2016. Championing the Champions: Filming SRI in the Global South (flyer). SRI-Rice website. April 21. (1p., 442KB pdf) [Flyer for the May 2, 2016, seminar at Cornell by Sue Price and Declan McCormack.]
- Mara, Hillary and Lucy Fisher. 2016. New Book: The System of Rice Intensification (SRI), Responses to Frequently Asked Questions by Dr. Norman Uphoff. SRI-Rice website. April 4.
- GRAPHE. 2015. Programme d'Investissement Agricole et de Securite Alimentaire (PNIASA). SRI-Rice website. (9p., 1.13MB pdf) [SRI trainings involving 1,502 farmers undertaken for the SRI-WAAPP Project June 21-26, 2015.] [uploaded March 2016]
- Uphoff, Norman. 2015. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) - Responses to Frequently Asked Questions (updated version). SRI-Rice website. (226p 10MB pdf) [Note: a hardcopy version is available on Amazon.com for $37:19; see information above]
- Hameed, Khidhir Abbas. 2016. Report on a thesis on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Iraq. SRI-Rice website. [Report of trials by Laith Naeem Hassoni conducted on irrigation and organic inputs effect on SRI at the Al-Mishkhab Rice Research Station in Iraq. Full thesis is forthcoming] (4p., 3.04MB pdf)
- Ayedegue, Lionel, Antonin Akiyoko, and Rachidatou Boukari. 2016. Rapport final du projet d'integration regional de vulgarisation et/ Adoption du Systeme de Riziculture Intensif (SRI) dan 4 pays WAAPP (Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso et Niger). SRI-Rice website. (43p., 2.09MB pdf) [Final report for a regional extension project for adoption of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso and Niger by the NGO Descended in Benin (French)] [uploaded February 8, 2016.]
- Fisher, Lucy, Devon Jenkins, and Erika Styger. 2016. Improving and Scaling Up the System of Rice Intensification in West Africa (SRI-WAAPP): A 3-year regional project. SRI-Rice website. February 1. [February 1 feature article on the SRI-Rice website.]
- Ayedegue, Lionel, and Antonin Akiyoko. 2015. Rapport de l'atelier regional de formation des riziculteurs, Juenes - champions et techniciens sur le Systeme de riziculture intensif (SRI). SRI-Rice website. September. (31p., 1.81MB pdf) [French language report of a regional training (for SRI champions and technicians from Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso and Niger) by the NGO DéDesc (Non-Governmental Organization for Sustainable Economic and Socio-Cultural Development.)] [uploaded January 31, 2016.]
- Mati, Bancy. 2016. Report of participation in the COP21 Climate Change Conference in Paris, France. SRI-Rice website. (3p., 109KB pdf) [Report by Bancy Mati, Professor at JKUAT, and SRI project Coordinator, Kenya, of her participation in COP21, Nov. 30 - Dec. 12, 2015 [uploaded February 7, 2016]
- Verzola, Roberto. 2016. SRI Stories: Meet Federico Rullamas, an SRI farmer in La Union, Philippines. System of Rice Intensification website, features section. January 15. [page uploaded January 28, 2016]
- Fisher, Lucy. 2016. Monthly additions to the SRI-Rice website. (January, February) New pages on the SRI-Rice website. [uploaded monthly]
- Video: 2016 (November 30). 2016. Smart Farm: Rice Intensification. 3:41 min. KenyaCitizen TV channel, YouTube. [Kenyan TV show on "smart farms," Which about SRI this week.]
- Video: 2016 (November 25). 2016. 3S Award Application Video, November 2016. 3:09 min. LotusFoodsInc channel, YouTube. [Lotus Foods application for the 3S Award in which they talk about their commitment to working with SRI farmers.]
- Video: 2016 (November 17). Jeevan Jeevika Andolan: SRI Farming Technique. 6:43 min. KamYog fo 21st Century channel. YouTube. [NGO field partners of Tata Trusts are empowered by useing tablets to connect to experts.]
- Video: 2016 (November 12). American Airlines Talk Business 360 Interview with Ken and Caryl. 2:14 min. LotusFoodsInc channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2016 (November 12). Sunria Organic Rice Farmer - Story of Usin. 4:46 min. Sunria Organic channel. [Farmer testimonial about how adopting SRI has changed the life of a West Java farmer in Indonesia.]
- Video: 2016 (November 10). How rice farmers can double their yields. Oxfam America channel, YouTube. [Chris Hufstader's experiences talking to SRI farmers in Haiti, Cambodia, Vietnam and Burkina Faso about their experiences with SRI. Chris works with Oxfam.]
- Video: 2016 (November 9).श्री विधि से गेहूं की बुवाई, SRI Vidhi Se Gehu Ki Buvai, Sowing of Wheat With SRI Method. 6:59 min. Digital kheti channel. YouTube. (Hindi).
- Video: 2016 (November 3). Film SRI DéDESC ONG – Bénin . 6:45 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. (French) [Benin.]
- Video: 2016 (November 3). SRI au Bénin – Agriculture Formation Systeme Riziculture Intensive (Parakou). 2:25 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. (French) [Benin.]
- Video: 2016 (November 3). SRI au Bénin – Visite d'Echange d'Experiences (Tchaourou, Bembereke). . 2:07 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [Benin.]
- Video: 2016 (October 12). SRI Line Spacing, Madina Oula, Guinea. 1:03 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [Description of SRI field preparations by the NGO Narseme in Guinea.]
- Video: 2014 (November 14). Rice weeding in Tanzania: Innovations from the field. 3:23 min. USAIDAfrica channel, YouTube. [accessed Sept. 30, 2016. The original was on the USAID website, but we didn't have the YouTube address til now.]
- Video: 2016 (September 26) Can SRI techniques help Bangladeshi farmers increase their yields? 1:56 min. Monash Business School channel, YouTube. [Associate Professor Asad Islam, Monash University, explores the implications of SRI techniques in rural Bangladesh.]
- Audio: 2016 (August 31). Programa Cultivar Más Con Menos, El SICA O SRI. 15 min. Produced by IICA. iicanoticias channel, Soundcloud. [Presentamos sus características, así como la experiencia de República Dominicana en la aplicación de estas prácticas. Nos acompañan Fabio Diasa, productor dominicano de pequeña escala; Juan Arthur, Especialista en Seguridad Alimentaria y Agricultura, de la Representación del IICA en ese país; y Díddier Moreira, del IICA, Especialista Técnico del Proyecto SRI, cultivar más con menos.] [accessed September 2016]
- Video: 2016 (August 25). Serumpun Padi Sejuta Harapan - SRI Organik Mahalona . 7:28 min. PT Vale Indonesia Tb channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video about PT Vale's project to promote SRI in Mahalona, Kabupaten Luwu Timur, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2016 (August 22). Tanam Padi Pola SRI Dengan Cara Maju. 6:01 min. rahmat adinata channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video about SRI in the SPARC program, in Praimadita Village, Sumba Timur, NTT, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2016 (July 11). SRI CEDAC. 24:05 min. Agriculture Information channel, YouTube. [Khmer language video comparing SRI methods with traditional methods.] [accessed August 19, 2016]
- Video: 2016 (August 16). Visite du PRODAM dans les périmètres agricoles de Diowol. 12:19 min. La Vie Senegalaise channel. [French language video about SRI in the PRODAM program in Diowol, Senegal.]
- Video: 2016 (August 8). Tanam Padi SRI. 8:38 min. Yusuf Himura channel. [Field instructions on how to prepare a seedbed and plant a field with young, single seedlings.]
- Video: 2016 (July 26). A system of rice intensification has changed my life. OxfamTanzania channel. YouTube.
- Video: 2016 (February 4). Bon metod pou plante diri. 12:07 min. Feed The Future Haiti Chanje Lavi Plantèr channel, YouTube. [Creole video about SRI in the Feed The Future Haiti Chanje Lavi Plantèr project in Haiti.] [accessed August 3, 2016]
- Video: 2016 (July 26). Who is Doctor Yang Saing Koma. 17:19 min. khmer kaksekar channel, YouTube. [Khmer language video about Yang Saing Koma's work with SRI and other development efforts with the NGO CEDAC in Cambodia.]
- Video: 2016 (July 12). SRI Method of Paddy Cultivation | Bhaskar Padire. 4:53 min. Nature's Voice channel, YouTube. [An Indian language video from Andhra Pradesh, India, explaining SRI spacing and transplanting age.]
- Video: 2016 (June 21). NEPAL Rice, far-western Nepal. 14:55 min. Images Nepal channel, YouTube. [Nepali language video about the SRI work in Far-Western Nepal.]
- Video: 2016 (June 16). Thirsty rice. 8:11 minutes. Oxfam in Cambodia channel, YouTube. [Water shortage in Traing district, Takeo province, Cambodia, has led Oxfam to introduce SRI there.]
- Video: 2016 (June 14). Liberia - Machines for SRI. 1:18 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [Information on CHAP's project in Liberia to make available to the public power tillers and rice weeding tools.]
- Video: 2016 (May 20). Feed the Future: Agrikilti Moden an Ayiti. 44:13 min. Feed The Future Haiti Chanje Lavi Plantè channel, YouTube. [Creole language video about USAID's Feed the Future project in Haiti. Some discussion of SRI projects.]
- Video: 2016 (May 8). SRI paddy Success story Banswara. 6:43 min. Bapujk channel, YouTube. [Hindi? language video of a farmer from Banswara Rajasthan, India, talking about his success in paddy cultivation through SRI.]
- Video: 2016 (April 26). LONGRA beyond Jhuming. 8:09 min. Chingmak ECS channel, YouTube. [Video about the work to reduce Jhum (shirting cultivation) in Nagalands spearheaded by the NGO Eluetheros Christian Society (ECS).
- Video: 2016 (April 25). Encapsulated Nursery Paddy Seedling System. 5:31 min. Uddhab Bharali channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2015 (April 20). Mazao ONGD in Kalemie: The Social Rice Supply Chain. 7:05 min. Mazao ONGD channel, YouTube. [Begin watching at 3:27 to view SRI training portion of this video about the NGO Mazao's work in the D.R. Congo.] [accessed May 2, 2016]
- Video: 2016 (April 28). System of Rice Intensification in the Philippines. Ferdinand Zamora channel, YouTube. [SRI explanation with some commentary by Eddy Pedroso Canyuto.]
- Video: 2016. (April 16). SRI paddy Success story Banswara . 6:43 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube. [ [This Hindi language video records the experience of a farmer from Banswara Rajasthan, India, about his success with SRI.]
- Video: 2016. (April 12). SRI Transplantation_JSLPS_DG_Sadri_Jharkhand. 8:55 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube. [Women in Jharkhand demonstrating transplanting using both bamboo grids and rope method of marking.]
- Video: 2016. (April 12). SRI Seed Treatment JSLPS DG Sadri Jharkhand . 11:42 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube. [Women in Jharkhand demonstrating seed selection prior to sowing the nursery.]
- Video: 2014 (February 12). CODEGAZ agit pour les populations du Cambodge par la promotion du SRI. 49:48 min. CODEGAZVIDEO channel, YouTube. [accessed April 13, 2016]
- Video: 2014 (January 28). CODEGAZ et la genèse du SRI (système de riziculture intensive) à Madagascar. 21:39 min. CODEGAZVIDEO channel, YouTube. [Video by the French NGO Codegaz about their SRI work in Madagascar. Le film décrit comment un homme a amélioré la culture du riz un peu par hasard.... pour mettre un oeuvre un système aujourd'hui mondialement reconnu] [accessed April 13, 2016]
- Video: 2015 (October 13). Le Système de riziculture Intensive dans la région de Kaffrine, Senegal. 1:58 min. Abdoulaye SY channel, YouTube. [Le SRI en grande diffusion dans la zone pluviale, bassin arachidier du Sénégal.] [accessed April 13, 2016]
- Video: 2016 (March 16). Cultivar Mas Con Menos. 4:10 min. Produced by Instituto Interamericano de Cooperación para la Agricultura. IICA channel, Vimeo. [An interview with a producer named Fabio Diasa, a producer in the Dominacan Republic who is convinced by SRI] [accessed March 2016]
- Video/Audio: 2016. Rice as a Vegetable: An Organic Perspective of System of Rice Intensification. Presented by Brian Ward at the (American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) Conference, New Orleans, LA, August 4-7, 2015. [This presentation is about 2014 SRI trials at Clemson University CREC, Charleston, SC, with 8 varieties using black plastic as mulch and drip tape.] [accessed March 2016]
- Video: 2016 (March). System Of Rice Intensification Indonesian Farmers. 3:36 min. yudi nurwanto channel, YouTube. [Visual presentation of SRI in the field in an Indonesian with musical accompaniment only.]
- Video: 2016 (March 16). 24 SRI in Paddy 3 50 . 3:50 min.seenivasan r channel. YouTube. [Telugu language (?) video by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University with SRI overview with interviews.]
- Video: 2016 (March 6). Lagu Padi SRI warga Sriharjo Imogiri di BBLM Yogyakarta. 2:21 min. Psm Jogja channel, YouTube. [Song about SRI. [Indonesian language song from the SRI training at the BBLM in Jogjakarta, Indonesia.]
- Video: 2016 (March 6). Tanam Padi Pola SRI di Sumba, NTT. 4:07 min. NTT Shoot channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2016 (March 1). SRI-System of Rice Intensification in BB ស្រូវ ប វ ស នៅខេត្តបាត់ដំបង ដោយយ៉ងសាំងកុមារ. 1:54 min. Thann Thor channel, YouTube. [Cooperating farmer in Battambang, Cambodia, talking about his rice farming in this season under our support. He is one of the 15 landless farmers who participate in this project.]
- Video: 2016 (February 29). សំណាបជាពេជ្រ SRI- System of Rice Intensification. 0:30 min. Thann Thor channel, YouTube. [Song about SRI in Cambodia]
- Video: 2016 (January 26, 2016). System of Rice Intensification (SRI) PV Quezon. 6:07 min. IIRR: International Institute of Rural Reconstruction channel, YouTube. [Reissue of 2015 Tagalog language video of an SRI project in Arbismen, Quezon Province, Philippines.]
- Video: 2015 (December 29).Tanam Padi Menggunakan Metode SRI (System Rice of Intensification). 47:26 min. Gapoktan Sekar Sari channel, YouTube. [Indonesian language video from Gapoktan Sekar Sari about SRI with comments from farmers and government officials.] [accessed January 18, 2016]
- Video: 2016 (January 13). SRI Cultivation. 0:34 min. Krishibhawan Tripura channel, YouTube. [The SRI story in 34 seconds from Tripura!]
- Video: 2015. (January 11). SRI Niger entrevue avec un cultivateur pilote du SRI au zone irrigué à Sébéri (français / djerma). 13.17 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [French language TV clip with farmer SRI interviews. M. Amadou Bonkano, Champion SRI et M. Sita Rami, technicien qui conduit les tests sur le périmètre, avec un cultivateur local qui décrit son première teste SRI dans la zone d'irrigation Sébéri (en français et djerma).]
- Video: 2016 (January 11). Dhan Kar Bali. 18.01 min. Amit Bahadur channel, YouTube. [Video about SRI methodology in Jharkhand, India. Includes interviews with field staff, NABARD officials, and farmers.]
- Video: 2016 (January 7). Pon Vilaiyum Bhoomi 07/01/2016. 29.48 min. dd agriculture channel, YouTube. [Farmer success story from TV show (?) in Tamil Nadu, India.]
- Gautam, Som Krishan, and Ashish Gupta. 2016. Experiments on System of Rice Intensification with Organic Farming Methods in the Pangna Valley. 15 slides. (in Hindi) Presentation for the Organic World Conference, India. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Njiru, Jean. 2016. Some observations on introduction and rapid growth of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) among smallholder farmers in Kenya . 15 slides. Presentation at the SRI-Rice seminar series. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, September 12. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Shrestha, Juna, and Benjamin Huber. 2016. Carbon Offsetting to Sustainably Finance the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Nepal. 18 slides. Presentation at the SRI-Rice seminar series. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, October 4. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Uphoff, Norman, and Amir Kassam. 2016. Agroecological Strategies for Regenerative, Climate-Smart Agriculture with examples from CA and SRI. 79 slides. Presentation at the World Bank, Washington, DC, September 29. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Aruna, Gerald. 2016. 1609 - Experiences Introducing the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) to Resource-Limited Farmers in Sierra Leone. 37 slides. Presentation at the SRI-Rice seminar series. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, September 12. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Sen, Debashish. 2016. How farmers in Uttarakhand reworked the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Innovations from Sociotechnical Interactions in Fields and Villages. 13 slides. Presentation at the SRI-Rice seminar series. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, September 6. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Yu Chuan Chang. 2016. Development of Conservation Agriculture – System of Rice Intensification in Taiwan (SRI 保育型農業環境的推展). 24 slides. Presentation at the First General Meeting of the Society of Conservation Agriculture - System of Rice Intensification (CA-SRI) in Taipei, Taiwan, July 2 [in Chinese]
- Shanmugasundaram et al. 2016. Comparison of Triangular and Square System of Rice Intensification in Rice Cultivation. 21 slides. Presentation at the India Water Week 2016, New Delhi, India, April 5-8. [accessed July 25, 2016]
- Emadi, M. H. 2016. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Iran. 23 slides. Presentation at the SRI-Rice seminar series. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, June 15. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Bimba, Robert. 2016. Community of Hope Agricultural Project - SRI in Liberia. 15 slides. Presentation at the SRI-Rice seminar series. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, June 14. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net.
- Van Phu, Hoang, Le Nguyet Minh, and Dao The Anh. 2016. Policies and public services on agro-ecological rice production: The case of System of Rice Intensification in Viet Nam. 12 slides. Presentation at the national multi-stakeholder workshop Towards an Agro-ecological Transition, May 5-6, 2016, Hanoi, Vietnam. ALi-SEA website.
- Sinandja, Paul, Alexis K. Anani, and Jean K.A. Apedoh. 2014. Promotion of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Togo - September 2012 – July 2014. Peace Corps Togo. 17 slides. West Africa website. [Presentation on Peace Corps Togo volunteers done in conjunction with USAID's West Africa Food Security Program during 2012-2014.]
- 2016. Rice as a Vegetable: An Organic Perspective of System of Rice Intensification. Presented by Brian Ward at the (American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) Conference, New Orleans, LA, August 4-7, 2015. [Information on 2014 SRI plots at Clemson University in S. Carolina with 8 varieties using black plastic as mulch and drip tape.] [accessed March 2016]
- Improving Food Production for Health in a Water-Constrained World: Opportunities from Agroecological Knowledge and Experience (SRI). 2016. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net. 30 slides. Presentation by Norman Uphoff at the Water for Health Lecture Series, Nebraska Water Center, February 24, 2016. [uploaded March 5, 2016]
- Sen, Debashish, Ravindra Adusumilli, and Sabarmatee. 2016. 1604 - What Does SRI Bring? Improved Yields or Increased Agronomic Bandwidth? SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net. 12 slides. Presented by Debashish Sen at the Conference on Contested Agronomy, Institute of Development Studies, Brighton, UK, February 23-25.
- 2016. Scaling Up Climate-smart Rice Production in West Africa. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net. 52 slides. Presentation by Erika Styger at the Issues in African Development Weekly Seminar Series, Uris Hall, Cornell University on February 11, 2016.
- 2015. SRI monitoring an overview & preliminary results. SRI-Rice channel, Slideshare.net. 20 slides. Presentation by Barbora Chmelova on December 2, 2015. [Presentation on SRI results in several villages in Samar in a CARITAS -sponsored project.] [accessed January 31, 2016]
December: Philippines and Bhutan photo albums updated.