2014 NEWS AND LATEST RESOURCES
News from other years:
[2013-2016 additions are also available by month]
- Ethiopia: Is ecological sensitivity good for agriculture?
December 28, 2014, AllAfrica (Ethiopia)
- Hasil lipat ganda
December 22, 2014, Utusan online (Malaysia)
- Memandang tanah sebagai "sistem hidup" [Sriwijaya University professor and Alik Sutaryat explain SRI benefits.]
December 14, 2014, Koran Jakarta (Indonesia)
- 6,000 acres of fallow land made fertile
December 7, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Smart agriculture for food security [Rita Sharma notes SRI as win-win for Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA).]
December 4, 2014, The Tribune (India)
- Farmer gets paddy yield of 15.8 tonnes per hectare [Farmer gets record yield in Theni District using SRI with organic and chemical inputs.]
December 2, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Jimat masa gembur sawah [Award-winning organic paddy cultivator used with SRI made by POLIMAS/UUM]
December 2, 2014, My Metro (Malaysia)
- Johor hasilkan Beras Wangi Sri Ledang
Usaha kurangkan import bahan itu sehingga 5 peratus
November 28, 2014, Utusan Online (Johor, Malaysia)
- Bupati Lahat beserta Muspida tanam padi organik System of Rice Intensification [Regency Head and other officials, attend SRI with farmer groups in Manggul Village.]
November 27, 2014, Lahat Online (South Sumatera, Indonesia)
Demonstration on using mechanical transplanters [Mechanical transplanters with SRI can increase yield by 25% and income by Rs.15, 000/acre in Perambalur district, which has 5,000 acres of SRI out 9,200 acres total paddy production.]
November 9, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Lebak genjot produksi padi [Plans to boost paddy production in Lebak, Banten, include SRI adoption based on farmer 6.2 ton/ha yields in Muncang district.]
November 24, 2014, skalanews (Banten, Indonesia)
- Microsoft's 10-minute movie stars inspire change in Indian villages [Story on Digital Green's use of video in India and Africa]
November 23, 2014, Bloomberg News [Re: India]
- SRI production method increases production (SRI method reportedly increased production by 200% according to NABARD)
November 16, 2014, Times of India (Bihar, India)
- Agency collaborates with Niger State Govt on improved rice production
November 15, 2014, Leadership (Nigeria)
- Eleven new varieties of paddy being researched in Marga [Trials use SRI methods.]
November 11, 2014, The Times of India (Goa, India)
- A farm pond in Ayyapatti sustains paddy crop and hopes [SRI part of farm pond venture in Madurai district]
November 9, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Jim Carrey on Renée Zellweger’s new look [In the middle of
this article, the funny man acknowledges his support for SRI.]
November 7, 2014, Philippine Daily Enquirer (Philippines)
- IPB buka klinik pertanian di Malang
(Bogor Agricultural Institute opens an agricultural clinic in Malang; SRI among suggestions for farmers there.)
November 3, 2014, Tempo.co (East Java, Indonesia)
- Countries must spur more
investment in small-scale
agriculture, say experts [SRI should be a top priority for research and development.]
October 28, 2014, Jakarta Post (Indonesia)
- New farming technology doubles paddy output [SRI is being implemented by women entrepreneurs in Mukundapur village in southern Nepal.]
October 13, 2014 e-Kantipur (Nawalparasi, Nepal)
- Agro officer using WhatsApp to connect with farmers [WhatsApp, which contains SRI info, is promoted in Gurdaspur.]
October 8, 2014, Hindustan Times (Punjab, India)
- Still parched [Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh have 50% rainfall deficit; water conserving practices like SRI suggested]
October 6, 2014, The Indian Express (India)
- Exploring SRI technique to boost rice production
October 3, 2014, The New Telegraph (Nigeria)
- In rice sector, skills to blame for low yields [Only 9% of Cambodian farmers relate to SRI; skills are needed]
October 3, 2014, The Cambodian Daily (Cambodia)
- Padi hemat air dikembangkan di Lampung Selatan [Government promotes SRI for water conservation in Lampung Regency]
October 2, 2014, BeritaSatu.com (Lampung, Indonesai)
Bogor panen raya padi organik
October 2, 2014, Tunas Bangsa (Bogor, Indonesia)
- Berkat GO SRI, produksi padi meningkat, ongkos tanam lebih hemat. [Farmers in Bandung Regency, West Java, adopt SRI with the help of Ganesha Organic System of Rice Intensification (GO SRI), founded by alumni from Institut Technologi Bandung as a CSR initiative.]
September 29, 2014, GATRA News (West Java, Indonesia)
- Tambah bantuan Rp200 juta
paket pupuk organik
September 29, 2014, NERACA (Re: Bali, Indonesia)
- VN joins Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture [In his speech delivered at the inaugural meeting of the Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture (GACSA) in New York, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Ha Cong Tuan said Vietnam is joining with international communities to apply the Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) practices, which includes projects on SRI.]
September 25, 2014, Saigon GP Daily (Saigon, Vietnam)
- Delta farmers slowly turn to SRI technique [Close to 50% (44,000 acres) of Tiruchy district delta areas are expected to use SRI for Samba this year.]
September 24, 2014, New Indian Express (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Seeds of hope [Ag. Dept. suggests SRI to reduce water use in Cauvery Basin.]
September 22, 2014, New Indian Express (Tamil Nadu, India)
- New techniques needed to save water resources
September 21, 2014, Hindustan Times (Punjab, India)
- Malang surplus 65 ribu ton beras berkat SRI [Bupati of Malang Regency, East Java, suggests SRI to overcome rice production limitations related to land and water availability.]
September 21, 2014, Tempo.co, (Jawa Timur, Indonesia).
- Farm officials told to design special package to help paddy farmers [SRI and DSR suggested to deal with labor problems in Udupi, Karnataka]
September 17, 2014, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- Group announces $2.2m rice farming Investment [A specialized agribusiness service provider, WEMS Agro Companies Limited, has announced plans to invest in rice cultivation using SRI in Ondo state.]
September 16, 2014, This Day Live (Nigeria)
- Thai 'smart' farmers lead drive to boost production
September 14, 2014, The Nation (Thailand)
Metode SRI tingkatkan produksi padi petani Langkat [Farmers in Sirapit, Langkat, North Sumatera, practicing SRI on 100 ha. average 9.5 tons/ha]
September 14, 2014, Antara News (Sumatera Utara, Indonesia)
- Planning Commission approves Rs. 2,400 crore for Puducherry [32% paddy increase over the previous 3 years and 10% sugarcane increase achieved through SRI and precision farming techniques.]
September 8, 2014, The Hindu (Puducherry, India)
- Gapoktan Simpatik jadi demplot pengembangan padi organik [Simpatik farmer group in Tasikmalaya, which has 2000 ha of organic SRI rice, designated by Ministry of Agriculture as reference for organic rice production.]
September 6, 2014, Pikiran Rakyat (West Java, Indonesia)
- R Gopalakrishnan: For a second rice revolution
September 4, 2014, Business Standard (India)
- Rice area goes up as farmers pick up SRI method
September 4, 2014, Business Standard (Madhya Pradesh, India)
- A new method of cultivating rice
September 2, 2014, Kuensel Online (Bhutan)
- Encourage low-cost farming, says Minister [Minister for Youth Affairs calls for introducing farmers to low-cost farming techniques such as SRI]
September 1, 2014, The Hindu (Kerala, India)
Innovative Bihar farmer makes it to South Africa
August 26, 2014, Business Standard (Bihar, India)
- 60,000 acres to be brought under samba in Ariylaur [About 95 villages has been identified for developing clusters under SRI. ]
August 24, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Menjaga bumi mbay dengan pertanian alami [Farmers in Mbay on the island of Flores carry out organic SRI]
August 21, 2014, Mogabay (Bali, Indonesia)
- Farmer reaps fruitful yield through SRI method
August 21, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- New rice cultivation methodology can help crops tolerate drought: Norman Uphoff
August 12, 2014, Live Mint & The Wall Street Journal
- 'Farmers must adopt new techniques [ClimaRice and Climaadapt study shows SRI fields emit 20-25% less methane. Researchers have also formulated microbial technologies like cyanobacteria, methanotrophs to supplement chemical fertilizers and mitigate GHG fluxes.]
August 9, 2014, The Times of India (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Penanaman padi organik tetap dipertahankan [Organic farmers in Kudus, Central Java, are using SRI are persist due to advantages, although they are not that many in total.]
August 8, 2014, Suara Merdeka (Central Java, Indonesia)
- Land under paddy cultivation declines in Udupi district
August 6, 2014, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- Farmers learn ways to increase productivity [Farmers learn SRI and other methods at training programme at Vivekananda Kendra Natural Resources Development Project (VK-NARDEP) in Kanyakumari.]
August 3, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- 8,000 acres to be under Kuruvai near Tiruchirapalli [Free implements distributed to encourage farmers to take up SRI. So far 5,800 acres have been brought under SRI, benefiting 3,050 farmers.]
August 1, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Small farmers can increase production by adopting rice intensification technique [Using SRI for the past 9 years, Gurdaspur farmers in Punjab produce 20% more paddy with 75% less seed, 30% less ground water and less pesticides.]
July 25, 2014, Hindustan Times (Punjab, India)
- Promoting modern method of paddy cultivation [Govt. promoting SRI, DSR, and line transplanting under programmes such as “National Food Security Mission (NFSM)”, “Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India (BGREI)” and “Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)]
July 22, 2014, Press Information Bureau, Minstry of Agriculture, Govt. of India
- Karnataka: Bid to promote SRI method of paddy farming [900+ families in Dakshina Kannada district have taken up the SRI]
July 22, 2014, BusinessLine (The Hindu) (Karnataka, India)
- President Sirleaf initiates farm jobs for 100 youth [Note: Sirleaf's said youth should return to farming in a May 13 visit to CHAP.]
July 21, 2014, Daily Observer (Liberia)
- 'Innovations in govt bring positive results'
July 21, 2014, Times of India (Bihar, India)
- Agri deptt. Kiphire conducts trg on SRI
July 16, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland Post, India)
- Officials told to prepare action plan for drought relief measures [Govt. officials suggest SRI as drought measure]
July 13, 2014, The Hindu (Karnataka, India)
- Bardez paddy farmers fear loss due to rain shortall [SRI suggested as possible solution to rainfall shortage.]
July 9, 2014, Navhind Times (Goa, India)
- SRI method of farming demonstrated to Sangolda school students [Demo by No. Goa and Green Gold Inst and KVK No. Goa held. SRI extended to 67 farmers 5 by villages by Green Gold Inst.]
July 8, 2014, Navhind Times (Goa, India)
- More from less [Opinion piece urging govt. to link SRI to MGNREGA - see article reffered to.]
July 8, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Kuruvai special package to be completed by July 10 [Govt. to give inputs for SRI in 6 TN delta districts, including Rs. 25,000/acre for raising community nurseries.]
July 7, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- More rice from less water
July 7, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- KVK Longleng conducts training on SRI & ICM
July 6, 2014, The Morung Express (Nagaland, India) [See also similar article in Nagaland Post]
- Agriculture road map boosts output, minister says
July 3, 2014, Times of India (Bihar, India)
- Farmers trained on SRI in Mokokchung
July 1, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India) [See similar article in Morung Exress]
- Mukomuko targetkan 500 haktar lahan sawit menjadi sawah [Government suggests using SRI on project to turn 500 ha. of oil palm plantation into paddy.]
June 30, 2014, Antara News (Bengkulu, Indonesia)
- Agricultural officials and FAO discuss rice intensification [Lao Govt and FAO officials meet to discuss SRI in Laos]
June 27, 2014, Vientiane Times (Laos)
- SRI trg on rice cultivation in Jalukie
June 27, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- Agricultural crops, tools distributed
June 26, 2014, E-PAO [source: Hueiyen News Service] (Manipur, Inda)
- Demo on groundnut cultivation and SRI conducted
June 24, 2014, Morung Express (Nagaland, India)
- National food security: Self-reliance is the key [fourth paragraph notes SRI as way for Nepal to increase yield.]
June 23, 2014, The Himalayan (Nepal)
- Penaman padi organik dilaksanakan bertahap [Progress of organic SRI in Kudus Regency of Central Java]
June 22, 2014, Suara Merdeka (Central Java, Indonesia)
- Sierra Leone farmers embrace SRI farming to reduce poverty
June 20, 2014, Orzya (re: Sierra Leone)
- W/Bank: About 10,865 Sierra Leone farmers adopt SRI [10,865 Sierra Leone farmers have adopted SRI, which is also supported by the West Africa Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP) in Sierra Leone]
June 19, 2014, Star Africa (Re: Sierra Leone)
- Govt gears up for kharif crop, more land under SRI [Ag. Dept. in Goa trying to raise area under SRI in kharif season to 1,000 hectares in the uplands]
June 18, 2014, Times of India (Goa, India)
- Gentechnik hilft nicht gegen Hunger
June 18, 2014, Südwest Presse (Germany)
- Deficient monsoon predicted, give agriculture an economic stimulus [Devinder Sharma says the "entire agricultural machinery, including agricultural universities and the state agricultural departments along with the private agribusiness companies, should have been involved in promoting the SRI]
June 14, 2014, Hindustan Times (Punjab, India)
- DAO, ATMA conduct demon on SRI method in Kiphire
June 11, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- Trg programmes for farmers on SRI under NFSM [Three Dept. of Ag. SRI trainings under NFSM were held in Zunheboto, Wokha, and Mokokchung in Nagaland.]
June 10, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- Promoting SRI to ensure food security [KVK, Yisemyong, Mokokchung, conducted an SRI training under National Food Security Mission on June 7]
June 8, 2014, Morung Express (Nagaland, India)
- Tanzania: Research helps Mvomero farmers double rice production [Mvomero district farmers doubled production after SRI training by Sokoine Univ.]
June 6, 2014, AllAfrica.com (Tanzania) [source: Daily News]
- Rice intensification uplifts Mvomero rice farmers
[Mvomero district farmers doubled production after SRI training by Sokoine Univ.]
June 1, 2014, IPP media (Tanzania)
- Malawi: SRI double rice harvest
June 1, 2014, AllAfrica (Malawi)
- Sir Dorabji Tata Trust signs MoU with NABARD [Program to include SRI and SCI among other sustainable livelihood opportunities.]
May 31, 2014, Odisha Channel (Odisha, India)
- Rice farmers neglected amid exports push [Heang Vanhan, deputy director-general of the Ministry of Agriculture’s general directorate of agriculture, says..
"We need to increase the productivity…through a system of rice intensification to produce good rice seeds and more varieties." 4th para.]
May 30, 2014, Cambodian Daily (Cambodia)
- Trg on SRI in Aghunato [Training in Aghunato in the Zunheboto district, Nagaland]
May 28, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- Distribution of seeds, tools and implements [Dept. of Agriculture, Baghty conducted a SRI training May 12-13 with seed/equipment distribution.]
May 24, 2014, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India) `
Farmers, experts in Gujarat root for new rice transplant method [Nearly 100 farmers from Dang, Valsad and Navsari districts in Gujarat want to try SRI after training by Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (AKRSP).]
May 23, Business Standard (Gujarat, India) (also carried in Free Press Journal)
- Indian rice farmer's miracle yield
May 15, 2014, The Himalayan (Nepal:,Re: India)
- Ellen calls for agriculture, food production
May 13, 2014, The New Dawn (reposted in AllAfrica) (Liberia)
- System of Rice Intensification: in India nuovi raccolti di riso da record senza Ogm
May 13, 2014, GreenMe.it (Italy)
- Food security beefed up as production increases [Minister of Agriculture plans to increase rice production under SRI (last line)]
May 11, 2014, Daily News (reposted in AllAfrica) (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
- SRI ramah lingkungan dan ekonomis [SRI to cover 18 districts in Kurai Kartenegara Regency, East Kalimantan]
May 9, 2014, Kaltim Post (East Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- Terus ditingkatkan, upaya kejar target produksi padi Subang tahun 2014
May 7, 2014, Pikiran Rakyat (Indonesia)
- Modified paddy cultivation method seems to hold better promise [SRI modified for use with drum seeder]
May 7, 2014, The Hindu (India)
- The very serious rice problem
May 6, 2014, Philippine Daily Enquirer (Philippines)
- Madurai ryot hits bumper harvest (Madurai farmers gets 24 tons/ha with SRI)
May 2, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Sekolah untuk para petani di Bali
May 2, 2014, Merdeka.com (Bali, Indonesia)
- Sprouting a quiet revolution in rice growing [Malaysian farmer successfully grows organic Basmati rice with SRI]
April 28, 2014, fz.com (Malaysia)
- Below normal monsoon in offering: What should farmers do? [Farmers advised to use SRI when India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicts below normal monsoon.]
April 27, 2014, Merinews (India)
- Vietnam, World Bank sign $390 mln in fight against poverty [WB project includes SRI]
April 24, 2014, Thanh Nien News (Vietnam)
- Le pari local de nourrir la famille haïtienne
April 22, 2014, AlterPresse (Haiti)
- System of Rice Intensification provides full rice plate at low price [61,310 farmers from all the five rice growing districts of Nagpur division adopted SRI with yield increase of about 51%.]
April 15, 2014, Times of India (Maharashtra, India)
- A rice harvest for Nallur's farmers [SRI shows great success in Karnataka's Kolar District.]
April 11, 2014, Deccan Herald (Karnataka, India)
- Rain Drop, pour une gestion durable des ressources en eau [Rain Drop Assn. supports SRI/SCI in India]
April 7, 2014, Huff Post Environnement (Re: India)
- Relieving farm fatigue (Dr. Reddy's Foundation helps farmers with innovations, including SRI, across four states)
April 6, 2014, Bangalore Mirror (Re: Maharashtra, India)
- They are beacons of hope (Devti Baiga, who helped six villages in the trail belt adopt SRI, was nominated by Indian Grameen Services, for the CII Exemplar Award in micro-finance.)
April 2, 2014, Hindustan Times (Madhya Pradesh, India)
- 乾式種稻法 環保省水免農藥 [Article points out environmental benefits of SRI through reduced inputs]
April 1, 2014, China News (Taiwan)
- Pertanian organik untungkan petani (Organic farming profitable to farmers)
March 21, 2014, Fajar Makassar (South Sulawesi, Indonesia)
- Farmer’s organization receives support, for SRI practice in Liberia
March 6, 2014, Daily Observer (Liberia)
- Over 3,100 hectares to come under summer paddy
March 5, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- SRI to the rescue of village hit by labour shortage [Mechanized transplanting with SRI (though the picture doesn't look like single or young seedlings)]
March 3, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Ini dia penyebab kandungan beras Subang mengandung klorin [Overuse of pesticides and fertilizer can be reduced with SRI]
March 4, 2014, Republika Online (West Java, Indonesia)
- Nhật viện trợ cho những người nghèo nhất Việt Nam [Save the Children Japan includes SRI in its food security programming]
March 3, 2014, VNMedia (Vietnam)
- East Kalimantan cooperates with the Indonesian Army for food security (E.Kalimantan Gov. says plan to include army for agricultural work to include SRI]
March 5, 2014, The President Post (East Kalmantan, Indonesia)
- TNI AD Bantu Kalsel Bangun Ketahanan Pangan [840 ha. of SRI to be included in food security project to be assisted by the army, which will open new lands among other activities.]
March 4, 2014, Republika Online (South Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- German to make documentary on Bihar farmer
March 1, 2014, Business Standard (Bihar, India)
- Farmers, workers undergo training on cono weeder
February 27, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Bihar scaling new heights in agriculture production: Nitish
[SRI helps Bihar achieve success]
February 25, 2014, Times of India (Bihar, India)
- Two agro-marketing hubs in state soon [Farmers urged to adopt SRI as a culture.]
February 20, 2014, Times of India (Bihar, India)
- Nigeria: Rice value chain initiative launched [Part of the WAAPP program's SRI Initiative]
February 8, 2014, AllAfrica (Nigeria)
- ‘Basmati’ in drought-prone place [Farmer from Mallal panchayat, Tamil Nadu successfully grows Basmati with SRI]
Feburary 6, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Paddy farmers in Erode expect bumper harvest [70% of farmers in Erode District, Tamil Nadu, are using SRI methods.]
January 30, 2014, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Jaya honours brave cops, farmer for rice feat [Erode Farmer honored for highest SRI yield in Tamil Nadu.]
January 27, 2014, New Indian Express (Tamil Nadu, India)
- A rice revolution? [The general article on SRI was originally carried on the Food Tank website.]
January 22, 2014, Christian Science Monitor (USA)
- Productive use of land [This article on SRI by D. Nierenberg originally appeared in Food Tank.]
January 21, 2014, Imperial Valley News (California, USA)
- Paddy farmers can now opt for SRI and get Rs 10,000 per hectare [Govt. program in Goa to give incentive for planting with SRI]
January 20, 2014, Navhind Times (Goa, India)
- Perluasan sawah baru dianggarkan Rp202 miliar [Govt. promotes SRI for 3,700 has expansion of rice fields in Sulawesi Selatan province]
January 11, 2013, Fajar Makassar (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Odisha: Sustainable Sugarcane Initiative boon for farmers
- Rice and shine [Article on SRI/SCI in Bihar noting progress on SRI, SWI and SPI]
January 6, 2013, This week (Re: Bihar, India)
- Bouncing back (notes SRI progress in Cambodia's Chongkal District by FAO's MALIS program)
January 3, 2013, Kathmandu Post (Nepal, however SRI info re: Cambodia)
- Farmers warm to hybrid cultivation (hybrid rice promoted in conjunction with SRI)
January 3, 2013, The Telegraph (Re: Assam, India)
- Parida, Ronalisa. 2014. Krusi Mahotsav acquaints farmers with better technology. I am in DNA of Berhampur. December 31. (Three-day event in South Odisha, India, highlights SRI, farm equipment, and other innovations.)
- Shrivastava,Aakriti. 2014. Farming's better half: Jharkhand women redefine smallholder farming. NewKerala. December 30. [Women in Jharkhand, India, successfully adopting SCI for a number of crops.]
- Mati, Bancy. 2014. SRI Rice marketing project launched. Water Research and Resource Center (JKUAT) website. December 21.
- Randall, Rebecca. 2014. Agroecology should embrace GMOs and focus on sustainablity, not ideology. Genetic Literacy Project. December 19.
- Pidgeon, Stephen. 2014. Stephen Pidgeon: Go and see for yourself the difference you make.Third Sector wesite. December 18. [Comments on SRI progress on a project wiwth VSO volunteers near Deoghar, India]
- Hufstader. Chris. 2014. What do farmers want? Here’s what they’ve told me. Oxfam America website. December 18.
- Wycliffe, Nyang'au. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) twin projects launched. Water Research and Resource Center website. December 10.
- 2014. Pengembangan agribisnis untuk mewujudkan ketahanan pangan. Purworejo Regency website. December 2. [Organic SRI noted by Regent of Purworejo, Central Java, as a way to modernize paddy production to achieve food security.]
- 2014. Senegal Agriculture - Riziculture: l'ANCAR lance le SRI pour améliorer la productivité. Agence de Presse Sénégalaise. December 1. (Kaolack, Senegal)
- 2014. CFPAR field day in Cambodia. SRI-LBM website. [Central Farmer's Participatory Action Research (CFPAR) have a Nov. 28 field day sponsored by the AIT-based SRI Lower Mekong Basin project.] [Accessed Dec. 30, 2014.]
- 2014. Ta2014. CFARnzanian farmers learn modern management techniques to avoid water conflicts. AquaNOW.info (Ooska News website). November 12.
- Arayaphong, Suprisra, and Ekaterina Bessonova. 2014. Weekend farmer puts climate-smart farming practices to the test in Thailand. June 19. [accessed Nov. 10, 2014] [A Thai woman works to combine SRI with AWD practices.]
- 2014. Modified cono weeder - Decreasing rice farmer's drudgery, increasing yields. Orzya.com. November 10. [An interview with 3 scientists from the Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Chittoor, in South India.]
- 2014. How innovated drum seeders tweaked cono weeders are leading better rice yields. Orzya.com. November 7.
- Le, Minh, Erika Styger, et al. 2014. Open letter to the 4th International Rice Congress. Oxfam America website. October 31.
- 2014. What we’ve been up to (Part 2): Extra rice please.The Pitak Project. November 4. [Project Barangay Pideg, Tubao, La Union, Northern Philippines, started by a group of women activists].
- Tumusiime, Emmanuel. 2014. Small-scale farmers are missing from the changeover. Politics of Poverty blog (Oxfam) October 31.
- Le, Minh. 2014. Will the 4th International Rice Congress include what smallholder farmers need? Politics of Poverty blog (Oxfam) October 23.
- Randall, Rebecca. 2014. Critics say Gates Foundation's agriculture program won’t help poor farmers. Humanospere website. October 13. [SRI cited as a good example of agroecoloogical agriculture.]
- Loucks, J. 2014. Growing rice in Madagascar. Storehouse website. October? [Pictorial story of Jeannot growing his rice crop.]
- Johnson, Nathanael. 2014. Farm tech isn’t a war between good and evil -- it’s a quest for whatever works. Grist website. October 6.
- Atlas, Debra. 2014. System of Rice Intensification brings hope to global rice production. Earth Island Journal. Septemeber 30.
- 2014. Planting the SRI seed: Harvest proves the benefits of AVANSE’s rice farming method. August 2014 AVANSE Success Story, USAID/AYITI publication (dropbox.com website). September 1.
- Jeffs, Amy. 2014. Q&A: Building bridges at the 18th Organic World Congress. Student Reporter website. September 25. [7th question mentions SRI.]
- Jenkins, Devon. 2014. Training of Trainers and technical workshop wraps up in Kpalimé, Togo. SI West Africa website. [accessed Sept. 17, 2014] [WAAPP SRI project hRas participants from 12 ECOWAS countries in West Africa.]
- 2014. Dengan metode ini, produksi padi petani Langkat meningkat. Seruu.com. September 14. [Farmers in Sirapit, Langkat, North Sumatera, practicing SRI on 100 ha. average 9.5 tons/ha]
- 2014. System of Rice Intensification. Dristi - The Vision Foundation website. July 23. [Guideines for using, constraints, etc.]
- Patnugutan. 2014. Pangatoen ti apit babaen iti system of rice intensification. Nordis website. August 17. (Philippines)
- Tiwari, Ravish. 2014. India's shifting food bowls. India Today, Cover Story, August 13. [SRI in Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand has led to this massive jump in paddy production that is shifting the rice bowl of India away from Punjab and Haryana.]
- SWISSAID. 2014. A new rice cultivation method: hard work, but successfu. SWISSAID website. August 13.
- Spielman, David. 2013. Making sustainable intensification work on sound evidence. SciDev.net. October 16. [Note: this is a 2013 article accessed on July 29, 2014]
- Jishnu, Latha. 2014. Getting more with less. Down to Earth website. July 31. [Article about the adoption of SRI, primarily in India]
- Jishnu, Latha. 2014. Agriculture is egocentric. Down to Earth website. July 31. [Interview with Norman Uphoff.]
- 2014. Gurdaspur: The new success story of SRI farming in rice crop. Oryza website. June 25. [Using SRI for the past 9 years, Gurdaspur farmers in Punjab produce 20% more paddy with 75% less seed, 30% less ground water and less pesticides.]
- Badoni, Padmakshi. 2014. Huge potential of System of Rice Intensification: SRI needs government attention. South Asia Network on Dams, Rivers and People blog. July 19.
- John, Adam. 2014. System of Rice Intensification: Fact or fiction? Oryza.com website. July 18.
- Odenigbo, Marian Amaka, and Wiseman Kanyika. 2014. Irrigation development in Malawi: a pillar for food security and improved nutrition. IFAD Social Reporting Blog. July 14. [IFAD-funded Irrigation Rural Livelihoods and Agricultural Development (IRLAD) Project trained over 5,000 farmers in irrigation schemes to adopt SRI.]
- Fisher, Lucy. 2014. SRI-Rice to take part in study on the potential of the System of Rice Intensification to reduce arsenic in rice. IP CALS blog . July 11.
- Xuan, Wang. 2014. Can ecological agriculture feed China? Earth Journalism Network. July 10. (republished in Eco-Business on July 14)
- Lahangir, Sarada. 2014. When tribal women make farming look so easy. Press Institute of India. June. [accessed July 23, 2014] (Article on women farmers in Odisha, many of whom are using SRI.]
- Fisher, Lucy, Linda Roberts, and Erika Styger. 2014. SRI-Rice to take part in study on the potential of the System of Rice Intensification to reduce arsenic in rice. SRI-Rice website, Feature article. June 29.
- 2014. 미NGO, 쌀 증산 신기술 북에 전수(U.S. NGO expands rice production technology transfer to the north). Radio Free Asia website. June 24. [Korean language broadcast about American Friend Service work with SRI in plastic trays in North Korea.]
- Mainhart, Calondra 2014. Less is more for rice farmers. Innovate Development website. June 23.
- Nitzkorski, Dylan. 2014. SRI training reaches 24 farmers in Thilambol. Peace Corps Senegal website. June 20.
- Anne. 2014. Report on the sustainable agriculture development seminar. Humanitarian Centre website. June 20.
- 2014. Training on System of Rice Intensification. Indo-Global Social Service Society website. June 18. [IGSSS and the NGO Samagra Seva Kendra organize SRI training for 61 farmers from 10 villages at Barachetti village, Gaya, Bihar.]
- Feng, Zhoucen. 2014. 1) Weeding with a Garden Weasel (June 18) and 2) Restart (June 15) SRI in Northern Haiti blog. [Two posts about Zhoucen Feng's SRI trials with iF Foundation.]
- 2014. Agricultural program helps rice crops and food security grow in Sierra Leone. World Bank website New section, Feature Story. June 18.
- Charlotte. 2014. Harvest of hope in East Timor. Oxfam New Zealand. June 10.
- 2014. NABARD to start livelihood project in 19 Maoist-hit districts of Odisha. OdishaDiary website. June 1. [Program to include SRI and SCI among other sustainable livelihood opportunities.]
- Swain, Ashwini. 2014. Can India reform its agriculture? The Diplomat, Feature section, June 1. [Discussion of India's need to address agriculture in its climate change dialogue.]
- Essiet, Daniel. 2014. How to achieve alternative food security. The Nation (online), Agriculture section. May 30. (Article from the Nigerian press discusses SRI and SCI as agroecological innovations.)
- Kay, Sylvia. 2014. Global food security needs states to ally with family farmers. Truth-Out website. May 28.
- Faridi, Rashid. 2014. Sustainable rice intensification. Jugraphia Slate blog. May 26.
- 2014. What is SRI? Global Network on Sustainability and Education website. May 26
- 2014. Rice-to-riches story for paddy cultivators in Dangs. DNA India website. May 24.[Aga Khan Rural Support Programme AKRSP in Gujarat, India, says increases with SRI there range from 40% to150%.]
- 2014. SRI project to help farmers with climate change. Khmer Times (Cambodia) [Workshop from the SRI Lower Mekong Basin project led by the Asian Institute of Technology.]
- Nuwer, Rachel. 2014. This farmer grew four times as much rice in the same amount of land. Smithsonian.com website. Smart News section. May 14.
- 2014. New rice cultivation method could help poor farmers worldwide. SOS Children's Villages website. May 14.
- DH. 2014. Indischer bauer stellt neuen reisrekord auf. Informationsdienst Gentechnik website. May 13.
- 2014. Indian farmer sets new record in rice production with SRI method. Global Agriculture website, Agriculture at the Crossroads section. May 13. [summarized the controversial large rice yields with SRI in TN India. See Guardian article directly below.]
- Vidal, John. 2014. Miracle grow: Indian rice farmer uses controversial method for record crop. GlobalDevelopment blog (The Guardian). May 12. [More on controversial large rice yields with SRI in India.]
- Villamil, Lucas. 2014. Africa mia. NextFuel website. May 10. [Story about Argentinian entrepeneurs trying out SRI in Sierra Leone]
- Moudgil, Manu 2014. Punjab wades in shallow waters. India waterportal. May 3.
- 2014. Call for posters and papers. 4th International Rice Conference website. May. [Deadline for IRC posters extended to July 1, 2014. (IRC is Oct. 28-31, 2014.)]
- Castillo, Gina. 2014. Distributing seeds, fertilizer and pesticides to poor farmers is OUT. Agroecology is IN. Oxfam America blog. April 28.
- 2014. SRI Intern has passion for improving rice quality and production. iF Foundation website. April16.
- Mansour, Youssef. 2014. New agricultural trends to feed the world. House of Wisdom blog [SRI among approaches to feed the world in the future.].
- Vidal, John. 2014. Philippine experts divided over climate change action. The Guardian's GlobalDevelopment blog. April 8. [Article on breeding at IRRI Global Network on Sustainability and Education vs SRI for climate resilience.]
- 2014. Zambo Sur farmers complete rice production training. Balita website. April 4. [90 farmers in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines finish season-long FFS on organic SRI]
- Lanipa, Claro A. 2014. 90 farmers finish season-long field school in Molave. Philippines Information Agency website. April 4. [90 farmers from in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, finished a season-long Farmers' Field School on organic SRI.]
- Cherry, Emily. 2014. Young adults form faith through service in the Philippines. Episcopal News Service website. April 4. [An article on church volunteers says that Episcopal Church in the Philippines is one of the biggest proponents of SRI.]
- Vidal, John. 2014. Haiyan - harbinger of things to come? The Guardian's GlobalDevelopment blog. March 31. [John Vidal mentions SRI in connection with climate change resilience in Philippines.]
- 2014. Haitian rice farmers double their yields. USAID website, Results & data section. February 7. [The FTF West project that worked with about 1,500 farmers using SRI since 2010 and saw the gross margin per hectare increase from $350 to $1,691, will end May 2014] [accesses March 30, 2014]
- Feng, Zhoucen. 2014. My learning and work experience in Haiti blog. [Zhoucen was sent by SRI-Rice to work with iF Foundation in northern Haiti to introduce SRI methods. This blog is an account of her activities in February and March, 2014.]
- Ireson, Randall. 2013. The state of North Korean farming: New Information from the UN Crop Assessment Report. 38 North website. December 18. [The third paragraph in the Reading between the Lines section of the article says the SRI, which uses plastic trays is reportedly popular in the North, and, the author speculates that "some of the increase in rice yield [in North Korea] is very likely caused by the wider use of SRI."] [acccessed March 15, 2014]
- Fisher, Lucy. 2014. SRI-Rice named as a finalist for the 2013 Katerva Award. SRI News and Views blog. March 10.
- 2014. Allereerste SRI bio-rijst op de Belgische markt. BioJournaal website. February 24.
- 2013. USDA post forecasts India MY 2014-15 rice production at 104 million tons.Orzya.com website. February 19. (See fourth paragraph).
- Brown, Paul. 2014.Climate-friendly rice: End of the paddyfield? Climate News Network blog. February 18.
- Deb, Debraj. 2014. Tripura awarded Krishi Karman award, Govt expects self-sufficiency in foodgrains ahead of target. TNT Magazine. February 15. [Tripura agriculture minister Aghore Debbarma said that the state has achieved commendable development in food-grain production, especially with the adoption of SRI.]
- 2014. SRI can boost rice yield by eight times in Sierra Leone, researchers say. Oryza website. February 14.
- Milton, Betty. 2014. As WAAPP introduces new type of rice planting… Farmers hope to produce more. Awoko website. February 13. (Sierra Leone)
- Lawrence, Robyn Griggs. 2014. Rice intensification helps poor farmers grow rice sustainably. Occupy Watchdog blog. February 7.
- Croswell, Alexis. 2014. 10 celebrities doing good for humanity. One Green Planet website. January 15.
- Hufstader, Chris. 2014. Avoiding pests in Vietnam. Oxfam America website, Stories section, January 31.
- Hufstader, Chris. 2014. Growing more but working less. Oxfam America website, Stories section, January 22.
- Nierenberg, Danielle. 2014. Five ways System of Rice Intensification (SRI) practices and ideas can help "feed the world." Food Tank website. January 21.
- Read, P. K. 2014. An agricultural revolution in the making? - The System for Rice Intensification (SRI) gains support. Food Tank website. January 20.
- Bodhi, Bhikkhu. 2014. Improving vegetable cultivation in Ethiopia. Buddhist Global Relief blog. January 14.
- Bodhi, Bhikkhu. 2014. Intensified rice cultivation in Haiti. Buddhist Global Relief blog. January 12.
- Odisha Diary bureau. 2014. Odisha: Sustainable Sugarcane Initiative boon for farmers. Odisha Diary website. January 11.
- Howarth, Lorna. 2014. Farming freedom. Resurgence & Ecologist 282: 6, January/February issue.
- 2014. Lotus Foods' More Crop Per Drop Program celebrates 5 years. SpecialtyFood.com website. January 16.
- Meszaros, Eva. 2014. 2014 leadership awards. SpecialtyFood.com [Lotus Foods wins Specialty Food Association's annual leadership award in the "vision" category for 2014.]
- Narith, Por. 2014. The beneficial use of SRI techniques. Cambodian Rural Development Team (CRDT) blog. January 4. [Farmer doubles yield with SRI in Stung Treng, Cambodia, project by CRDT, WWF, and the Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF)]
Latest Research / Journal Articles / Theses - acquired during 2014
(in order of acquisition. See also complete alphbetized list of journal articles.)
- Red dot (•) indicates article is freely available
- Ochienno, Judith Taaka. 2014. Influence of communication on adoption of agricultural innovation: A case of the System of Rice Intensification in Mwea irrigation scheme. Master’s Thesis, University of Nairobi, Kenya. (67p. 394 KB pdf)
- Bhattacharjee, Suchiradipta, and R. Saravanan. 2014. Who makes it click? Understanding the stakeholders in agricultural innovation systems in Tripura state of India. Tropical Agricultural Research 25(4): 479-494 [accessed Dec 30, 2014]
- Patel, K. M., and M. M. Patel. 2014. Weed management in rice (Oryza sativa L.) under System of Rice Intensification technique. Trends in Biosciences 7(5): 384-387 [accessed Jan. 2, 2015]
- Plabita, R., and R. K. Raj. 2014. Extent of adoption of practices under System of Rice Intensification in Odisha. ORYZA- An International Journal on Rice 51(1): 81-85 [accessed Jan 2, 2015]
- Mohanty, D. K., K. C. Barik, and D. Behera. 2014. Comparative performance of different rice establishment methods for sustainable rice production in Deogarh district of Odisha. Agricultural Engineering Today 38(3): 5-9 [accessed Jan 2, 2015]
- • Wayayok, Aimrun, Mohd Amin Modh Soom, Khalina Abdan, et al. 2014. Impact of mulch on weed infestation in System of Rice Intensification (SRI) farming. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2: 353–360. doi:10.1016/j.aaspro.2014.11.049 [accessed Dec. 11, 2014]
- • Fazli, Pardis, and Hasfalina Che Man. 2014. Comparison of methane emission from conventional and modified paddy cultivation in Malaysia. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2: 272–279. doi:10.1016/j.aaspro.2014.11.039 [accessed Dec. 11, 2014]
- • Visalaksmi, M., and A. Sireesha. 2014. Evaluation of rice production technologies for higher monetary returns and water use efficiency. The Journal of Research ANGRAU 42(2): 51–53. [accessed Dec. 11, 2014]
- • Babu, P. Surendra, A. Madhavi, and P. Venkata Reddy. 2014. Root activity of rice crop under normal (flooded) and SRI method of cultivation. The Journal of Research ANGRAU 42(2): 1-3. [accessed Dec. 11, 2014]
- • Dahal, Khem Raj. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI): A potential approach to enhance rice productivity and food security. Journal of Forest and Livelihood 12(1): 75-81 [accessed Nov. 24, 2014]
- • Barah, B. C. 2010. System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Economic and ecological benefits of improved production practice for food security and resource conservation. Paper presented at the Innovation and Sustainable Development conference, June 28-30, in Montpellier, France. [accessed Nov. 24, 2014]
- • Ghosh, R. K., S. Sentharagai, and D. Shamurailatpam. 2014. SRI: A methodology for substantially raising rice productivity by using farmer’s improved thinking and practice with farmer’s available resources. Journal of Crop and Weed 10(2): 4-9. [accessed Nov. 24, 2014]
- • Tzudir, L., and R. K. Ghosh. 2014. Impact of integrated nutrient management on performance of rice under System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Journal of Crop and Weed 10(2): 331-333. [accessed Nov 24., 2014]
- • Chakrabortty, Sudip, P. K. Biswas, T. S. Roy, et al. 2014. Growth and yield of boro rice (BRRI Dhan 50) as affected by planting geometry under System of Rice Intensification. Journal of Bioscience and Agricultural Research 2(1): 36-43. [accessed Nov. 24, 2014]
- • Suciati, Luh Putu, Bambang Juanda, Akhmad Fauzi, et al. 2014. Developing for water resources incentives to support System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Jatiluhur irrigation area. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science 19(11): 31-41. [accessed Nov. 24, 2014]
- • Mukherjee, Kuntal, Siddharth Gahoi and Biswanath Sinha. 2014. Promotion of SRI - Millet: Reopening a closed chapter. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research 3(3): 812-816.
- • Nakano, Yuko, Yuki Tanaka, and Keijiro Otsuka. 2014. To what extent do improved practices increase productivity of small-scale rice cultivation in a rain-fed area? Evidence from Tanzania. GRIPS Discussion Paper 14-21. November. [Study by researchers at the University of Tsukuba and National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Japan]
- Berkhout, Ezra, Dominic Glover, and Arie Kuyvenhoven. 2014. On-farm impact of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Evidence and knowledge gaps. Agricultural Systems. doi:10.1016/j.agsy.2014.10.001 [accessed Nov. 6, 2014]
- • Panigrahi, Trinash, L. M. Garnayak, M. Ghosh, D. K. Bastia, and D. C. Ghosh. 2014. Productivity and profitability of basmati rice varieties under SRI. International Journal of Bio-Resource and Stress Management 5(3): 333-339. [accessed Nov. 6, 2014]
- • Mohanty, A. K., M. Islam, G. A. K. Kumar, and A. Kumar. 2014. Enhancing ice (Oryza sativa) productivity through demonstrations of SRI method of cultivation in mid-altitude region of Indo-Himalayan belt of Sikkim. Indian Research Journal of Extension Education 14(3): 88-92. [accessed Oct. 30 2014]
- • Islam, Mokidul, and D. C. Kalita. 2014. Effect of rice (Oryza sativa L.) establishment methods and integrated weed management on productivity and soil fertility in Eastern Himalayas, India. The Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources Sciences 1(2): 87-103. [accessed Oct. 30, 2014]
- Bunting, Stuart W., Rajeshwar Mishra, Kevin G. Smith, and Dhanajay Ray. 2014. Evaluating sustainable intensification and diversification options for agriculture-based livelihoods within an aquatic biodiversity conservation context in Buxa, West Bengal, India. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability. doi:10.1080/14735903.2014.966530 [accessed Oct. 30 2014]
- • Basu, S. and C. Leeuwis. 2011. The spread of the system of rice intensification in a network in Andhra Pradesh, India. Paper presented at the Innovations in Extension and Advisory Services conference, November 15-18, in Nairobi, Kenya. [accessed Oct. 23, 2014]
- • Nakano, Yuko, Yuki Tanaka, and Keijiro. Otsuka. 2014. Can contract farming increase productivity of small-scale cultivation in rain-fed area in Tanzania? National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (Tokyo) website. 33p. [accessed Oct. 2014]
- • Malla, Roshani. 2014. Agricultural technologies for marginal farming systems in Asia: Adoption and diffusion of SALT in the Philippines and SRI in India. Master's thesis. Iowa State University. [accessed Oct. 2014]
- • Islam, M., L. K. Nath, A. Das, and T. Samajdar. 2014. Productivity and economic performance of Sali Rice under System of Rice Intensification and Integrated Crop Management as influenced by weed management practices. Indian Journal of Hill Farming 27(1): 184-192. [accessed Oct. 2014]
- Saha, Soumya, Y. V. Singh, Sunita Gaind, and Dinesh Kumar. 2014. Water productivity and nutrient status of rice soil in response to cultivation techniques and nitrogen fertilization. Paddy and Water Environment. (Early edition) September 2014. doi:10.1007/s10333-014-0462-y [accessed Oct. 9, 2014]
- • Hanh, N. H., and P. T. Dung. 2014. Study some technical methods to organic rice production at Hanoi, Vietnam. Journal of Agriculture and Biodiversity Research 3(6): 91-97. [accessed Oct. 2014]
- • Sridevi, V., and V. Chellamuthu. 2014. Advantages of SRI cultivation in the tail end of Cauvery delta. Journal of Crop and Weed 8(2): 40-44. [accessed September 26 2014]
- Setiawan, Budi I., Arief Imansyah, et al. 2014. SRI paddy Growth and GHG emissions at various groundwater levels. Irrigation and Drainage. Published online first Sept. 12. doi:10.1002/ird.1866 [accessed September 26 2014]
- • Kumar, G. Ashok, V. Sailaja, P. V. Satyagopal, and S. V. Prasad. 2014. Evaluation of profile characteristics of SRI cultivation farmers in relation to their extent of adoption of technologies. Current Biotica 8(1): 36-41. [accessed September 19, 2014]
- • Engla, Ravindra, Gaurav Mahajan, and C. M. Mishra. 2014. Response of rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivars to different sowing methods under rainfed condition of Kymore plateau. Environment and Ecology 32(3) 942-945. [accessed September 19, 2014]
- • Kakde, A. M. and K.G. Patel. 2014. Seasonal incidence of rice yellow stem borer (Scirpophaga Incertulas Wlk.) in relation to conventional and SRI methods of planting and its correlation with weather parameters. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science 7(6)Ver. II: 5-10. [September 2, 2014]
- • Mohanty, Tushar Ranjan, Pravat Kumar Roul and Swapan Kumar Maity. 2014. Energetics of greengram (Vigna radiata L.) production as affected by residual effect of rice establishment methods and nutrient management practices in rice - greengram cropping system. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science 7(7)Ver III: 51-54. [September 2, 2014]
- Sharma, Pawan Kumar, and Jagmohan Kaur. 2014. Influence of age of rice nursery on productivity and water usage under different nitrogen levels and transplanting systems. Journal of Research 51(2): 132-135. [accessed August 31, 2014]
- Chen, Shih-Kai, et al. 2014. Assessing the groundwater recharge under various irrigation schemes in Central Taiwan. Geophysical Research Abstracts 16 (EGU2014-1444) [accessed August 15, 2014]
- • Tumusiime, Emmanuel, and Edmund Matotay. 2014. Agriculture sustainability, inclusive growth, and development assistance: Insights from Tanzania. Journal of Sustainable Development 7(4): 181-190. doi:10.5539/jsd.v7n4p181 [accessed August 15, 2014]
- Kepha G. Omwenga, Kepha G., Bancy M. Mati, and Patrick G. Home. 2014. Determination of the effect of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) on rice yields and water saving in Mwea Irrigation Scheme, Kenya. Journal of Water Resource and Protection 6: 895-901. doi:10.4236/jwarp.2014.610084 [accessed August 14, 2014]
- Suresh, A., M. Ramesh, and Reddy S. Ram. 2014. Fluorescent pseudomonads contribute to the enhanced growth and yield of rice cultivated under system of rice intensification (SRI). Indian Journal of Agricultural Research 48(4): 287-293. doi:10.5958/0976-058X.2014.00662.3 [accessed August 14, 2014]
- Suchiradipta, Bhattacharjee, and Saravanan Raj. 2014. Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS): A Study of stakeholders and their relations in System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension (28p.) doi:10.1080/1389224X.2014.939200 [accessed August 5, 2014]
- • Meena, Mamta, M. V. Patel, Tania Das, and H. P. Verma. 2014. Effect of organic sources and nitrogen levels on growth and yield of kharif rice (Oryza sativa L.) under SRI technique. Agriculture for Sustainable Development 2(1): 39-42. [Accessed July 22, 2014]
- • Chadhar, A. R., M. A. Nadeem, A. Tanveer, and M. Yaseen. 2014. Weed management boosts yield in fine rice under system of rice intensification (Influência do manejo de plantas daninhas no aumento da produção de arroz fino no sistema de intensificação de arroz) Planta daninha 32(2): 291-299.doi:10.1590/S0100-83582014000200006 [Accessed July 21, 2014]
- • Nayak, B. N. Sandeep, Md. Mujeeb Khan, K. Mosha, and P. Prasuna Rani. 2014. Effect of plant population and weed control treatments on weed population, NPK uptade in direct wetseeded rice (Oryza sativa.L) sown through drum seeder. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 5(5): 343-351. [Accessed July 21, 2014]
- • Patel, K. M., B. J. Patel, J. S. Patel, and M. M. Patel. 2014. Weed management in Kharif Rice (Oryza Sativa L.) Under SRI (System of Rice Intensification) technique. Journal of Recent Advances in Agriculture 2(5): 227-232 [Accessed July 21, 2014]
- • Visalakshmi, V., P. Rama Mohana Rao, and N. Hari Satyanaryan. 2014. Impact of paddy cultivation systems on insect pest incidence. Journal of Crop and Weed 10(1):139-142. [Accessed July 18, 2014]
- • Kakde, A. M., and K. G. Patel. 2014. Seasonal incidence of rice yellow stem borer (Scirpophaga Incertulas Wlk.) in relation to conventional and Sri methods of planting and its correlation with weather parameters. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science 7(6)Ver. II: 5-10. [Accessed July 18, 2014]
- Patel, L. C. 2014. Assessment of different rice varieties under acidic soils of West Tripura. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 10(1): 396-401. [Accessed July 17, 2014]
- • Dass, Anchal, and Shiva Dhar. 2014. Irrigation management for improving productivity nutrient uptake and water-use efficiency in system of rice intensification: A review. Annals of Agricultural Research 35(2): 107-122.[Accessed July 17, 2014]
- • Doi, Ryoichi and Supachai Pitiwut. 2014. From maximization to optimization: A paradigm shift in rice production in Thailand to improve overall quality of life of stakeholders. The Scientific World Journal ID604291: 1-11. doi:10.1155/2014/604291 [Accessed July 16, 2014]
- • Bhuvaneswari, K., V. Geethalakshmi, et al. 2014. Climate change impact assessment and developing adaptation strategies for rice crop in western zone of Tamil Nadu. Journal of Agrometeorology 16(1): 38-43. [Accessed July 16, 2014]
- Pandey, Arjun, Van Trinh Mai, Duong Quynh Vu, et al. 2014. Organic matter and water management strategies to reduce methane and nitrous oxide emissions from rice paddies in Vietnam. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 196: 137-146. doi:10.1016/j.agee.2014.06.010 [Accessed July 16, 2014]
- Lybbert, Travis J. and Robers Pierre. 2013. Household - Level impacts of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Haiti: An SRI intervention with training , insured credit, and coordination by irrigation bloc. Research proposal for BASIS Collaborative Research Support Program. BASIS/UC Davis website. [Proposal for a study to be done with Oxfam projects from 2013-2016 by researchers at University of California Davis and Université d'Etat d'Haïti][accessed July 2014]
- • Perrione-Dazzo, Lorraine. 2014. Farmer centered research on improved rice cropping systems in the Peanut Basin of Senegal: Peace Corps System of Rice Intensification extension campaign. Master of Professional Studies project paper, Cornell University. (128p., 2.26MB pdf) [Accessed July 2014]
- Sarwar, Naeem, Hakoomat Ali, Muhammad Maqsood, Ashfaq Ahmad, Ehsan Ullah, Tasneem Khaliq and James E. Hill. 2014. Influence of nursery management and seedling age on growth and economic performance of fine rice. Journal of Plant Nutrition 37(8): 1287-1303. doi:10.1080/01904167.2014.881490 [June 2014]
- Pandit, Arun, Jyoti Ranjan Mishra, and B. N. Sadangi. 2013. An economic evaluation of system of rice intensification in Odisha. ORYZA - An International Journal on Rice 50(3): 284-290. (Published online June 12, 2014). [accessed June 16, 2014]
- Bashar, Zubairu Usman, Aimrun Wayayok, Amin M. S. M., and Razif M. Mahadi, Quality seed: An innovative sorting technique to sustainable, uniform and effective seedling establishment in nursery for System of Rice Intensification. Journal of Agricultural Science (Canadian Center of Science and Education) 6(7): 185-193. doi:10.5539/jas.v6n7p185 [accessed June 16, 2014]
- Shukla, U. N., V. K. Srivastava, Smita Singh, A. Sen and V. Kumar. 2014. Growth, yield and economic potential of rice (Oryza sativa) as influenced by different age of seedlings, cultivars and weed management under system of rice intensification. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 84(5): [accessed June 2, 2014]
- • Pandian, B J., T. Sampathkumar and R. Chandrasekaran. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Packages of technologies sustaining the production and increased the rice yield in Tamil Nadu, India. Irrigation & Drainage Systems Engineering 3: 115. doi:10.4172/2168-9768.1000115 [accessed May 31, 2014]
- • Nyang'au, W. O., B. M. Mati, K. Kalamwa, R. K. Wanjogu, and L. K. Kiplagat. 2014. Estimating rice yield under changing weather conditions in Kenya using CERES rice model. International Journal of Agronomy 2014 (ID849496): 12p. doi: 10.1155/2014/849496 [accessed May 3, 2014]
- Cheng, J. 程健超, and H. Huo 霍海榕. 2014. Optimal planting density for no-till SRI - 水稻免耕强化栽培适宜密度试验. Agriculture and Technology - 农业与技术 1: 91-92, 96. [accessed May 2, 2014]
- Di Florio, Mario. 2014. The mechanical weeders used in rice cultivation practices in Tripura, India, and their relation with the system of rice intensification (SRI). Master's thesis, Wageningen University, The Netherlands. (65p. 5.08MB pdf)
- Gongotchame, Sylvestre, Ibnou Dieng, Kokou Ahouanton, et al. 2014. Participatory evaluation of mechanical weeders in lowland rice production systems in Benin. Crop Protection 61: 32-37. doi:10.1016/j.cropro.2014.03.009
- [from 2013] • Parihar, B. S., B. P. Tripathi, and N. Pandey. 2013. Assessment of yield potential of aromatic rice under variable cultural management schedule under SRI. Environment and Ecology 31(4): 1902-1905.
- [from 2013] • Parihar, B. S., B. P. Tripathi, and N. Pandey. 2013. Assessment of quality of scented rice under variable cultural management schedules under SRI. Environment and Ecology 31(4): 1959-1962.
- [from 2013] Xu, Xiaopeng, Yanli Liu, Yunchang Shi, and Luo Pan. 2013. Discourse analysis of the Plight of the Extension of the New Style Modern Agricultural Technology-Take the Extension of the System of Rice Intensification(SRI) in Y Village,Sichuan Province as an Example - 新型现代农业技术推广困境的话语分析—以水稻强化栽培体系(SRI)在四川省Y村的推广为例. China Agricultural University Journal of Social Sciences Edition-中国农业大学学报(社会科学版) 30(1).
- [from 2013] Yang, Zhiyuan, Yongjian Sun, Xu Hui, Qin Jian, Jia Xianwen, and Ma Jun. 2013. Effects of different cultivation methods on accumulation and transformation of assimilation products and lodging resistance of stem-sheaths of no-tillage rice -不同栽培方式对免耕水稻茎鞘物质积累转运与抗倒伏能力的影响. Chinese Journal of Rice Science - 中国水稻科学 7(5): 511-519.
- [from 2013] Yang, Zhiyuan, Yongjian Sun, Xu Hui, Qin Jian, Jia Xianwen, and Ma Jun. 2013. Influence of Cultivation Methods and No-Tillage on Root Senescence at Filling Stage and Grain-Filling Properties of Eryou 498-栽培方式与免耕对杂交稻Ⅱ优498灌浆期根系衰老和籽粒灌浆的影响. Scientia Agricultura Sinica-中国农业科学 46(7): 1347-1358.
- [from 2013] Zhu, Conghua, Zou Dai, Fengjun Zhang, et al. 2013. Effects of different paddy field drainage degrees and panicle nitrogen fertilizer managements on photosynthetic productivity and nitrogen utilization of rice under Triangle-Planted System of Rice Intensification - 晒田强度和穗肥运筹对三角形强化栽培水稻光合生产力和氮素利用的影响. Acta Agronomica Sinica-作物学报 39(4): 735-743.
- Choi, Joongdae, Gunyeob Kim, et al. 2014. Effect of SRI water management on water quality and greenhouse gas emissions in Korea. Irrigation and Drainage. (published online first March 18, 2014) doi:10.1002/ird.1843
- Ranjan, Rajeev, Vivek Prasad, et al. 2014? The challenges and potentials of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in addressing food security and developing resilience to climate change. International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability Volume 7(6): 81-94.
- Parameswari, Y.S., A. Srinivas, T. Ram Prakash, and G. Narendar G. 2014. Effect of different crop establishment methods on rice (Oryza sativa L.) growth and yield - A review. Agricultural Reviews 35(1): 74-77. [acquired March 3, 2014]
- • Reddy, Rampuram Jayapal and N.Sandhya Shenoy. 2013. A comparative economic analysis of Traditional and System of Rice Intensification (SRI) rice cultivation practices in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 3(10): 1-3. [2013 article acquired March 5, 2014]
- • Reddy, Rampuram Jayapal and N.Sandhya Shenoy. 2013. Impact of SRI technology on rice cultivation and the cost of cultivation in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 3(8): 1-2. [2013 article acquired March 5, 2014]
- • Kumar, R. Mahender, P. Raghuveer Rao, et al. 2013. SRI - A method for sustainable intensification of rice production with enhanced water productivity. Agrotechnology S11(2013): 1-6. doi:10.4172/2168-9881.S11-009 [2013 article acquired March 3, 2014]
- • Dhananchezhiyan, P., C. Divaker Durairaj, and S. Parveen. 2013. Development of nursery raising technique for "system of rice intensification" machine transplanting. Africa Journal of Agricultural Research 8(29): 3873-3882. doi:10.5897/AJAR2013.7465 [2013 article acquired March 3, 2014]
- • Abraham, Binju, Hailu Araya, et al. 2014. The system of crop intensification: Reports from the field on improving agricultural production, food security, and resilience to climate change for multiple crops. Agriculture & Food Security 3:(4): 1-26. doi:10.1186/2048-7010-3-4 (review article) [see also longer SCI monograph]
- • Rao, A. Upendra, A. V. Ramana, and T. V. Sridhar. 2013. Performance of system of rice intensification (SRI) in Godavari delta of Andhra Pradesh. Annals of Agricultural Research 34(2): 118-121. [acquired February 19, 2014]
- • Chowdhury, Md. Riton, Vinod Kumar, Abdus Sattar, and Koushik Brahmachari. 2014. Studies on the water use efficiency and nutrient uptake by rice under system of intensification. The Bioscan 9(1): 85-88. [acquired February 13, 2014]
- Takahashi, Kazushi, and Christopher B. Barrett. 2014. The System of Rice Intensification and its impacts on household income and child schooling: Evidence from rural Indonesia. American Jounal of Agricultural Economics 96(1): 269-289. doi:10.1093/ajae/aat086 [acquired February 13, 2014]
- Sulaiman, Norela, Anizan Isahak, Ismail B. S. and Maimon Abdullah. 2013. Diversity of pest and non-pest insects in an organic paddy field cultivated under the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): A case study in Lubok China, Melaka, Malaysia. Food, Agriculture and Environment 11(3&4): 2861-2865. [acquired February 13, 2014]
- • Rajitha, P. SRI and K.I. Reddy. 2014. Effect of different nutrient management options on rice under SRI method of cultivation - A review. International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences 4(1): 201-204. [acquired February 13, 2014]
- • Muhammad, Marinah, and M.H.H. Abdullah. 2013. Modelling and forecasting on paddy production in Kelantan under the implementation of system of rice intensification (SRI). Academia Journal of Agricultural Research 1(7): 106-113. [acquired February 13, 2014]
- Puspitawati, M. D. 2013. Study of phosphate solubilizing microbe to reduce the rate of inorganic-P fertilizer on ICM (Integrated Crop Management) and SRI (System of Rice Intensification) cultivation system. Master's thesis, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia (IPB Scientific Repository). [acquired February 13, 2014]
- Sumathi, A., S. Mohandass, S. Ramasamy. 2014. Impact of climate change scenario on rice production in two planting methods: a simulation study. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology (SpringerLink, February 2014) doi: 0.1007/s13762-014-0517-z
- Senanayakea, Nari, and Aditi Mukherjib. 2014. Irrigating with arsenic contaminated groundwater in West Bengal and Bangladesh: A review of interventions for mitigating adverse health and crop outcomes. Agricultural Water Management 135(31): 90-99. doi: 10.1016/j.agwat.2013.12.015 [accessed February 4, 2014] [accessed February 4, 2014]
- Gopalakrishnan, Subramaniam, et al. 2014. Evaluation of Streptomyces strains isolated from herbal vermicompost for their plant growth-promotion traits in rice. Microbiological Research 169(1): 40-48. doi:10.1016/j.micres.2013.09.008 [acquired January 6, 2014]
- • Ali, M. S., M. A. Hasan, S. Sikder, M. R. Islam, and M. H. R. Hafiz. 2013. Effect of seedling age and water management on the performance of boro rice (Oryza sativa L.) variety BRRI Dhan28. The Agriculturalists 11(2): 28-37. doi:10.3329/agric.v11i2.17484
- • Uphoff, Norman, Amir Kassam, and Amod Thakur. 2013. Challenges of increasing water saving and water productivity in the rice sector: Introduction to the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and this issue. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 1-13. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Jagannath, Pratyaya, Hemant Pullabhotla, and Norman Uphoff. 2013. Meta-analysis evaluating water use, water saving and water productivity in irrigated production of rice with SRI vs. standard management methods. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 14-49. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Jiaguo, Zheng, Chi Zhongzhi, Li Xuyi, and Jiang Xinlu. 2013. Agricultural water savings possible through SRI for water management in Sichuan, China. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 50-62. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Ndiiri, J. A., B. M. Mati, P. G. Home, B. Odongo. 2013. Water productivity under the System of Rice Intensification from experimental plots and farmer surveys in Mwea, Kenya. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 63-75. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Ramzi, Ali Muhammad, and Humayun Kabir. 2013. Rice production under water management constraints with SRI methods in northeastern Afghanistan. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 76-85. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Hameed, Khidhir A., F. A. Jaber, and A. J. Mosa. 2013. Irrigation water use efficiency for rice production in southern Iraq under System of Rice Intensification management. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 86-93. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Shihua, Lu, Dong Yujiao, Yuan Jiang, H. Lee, Hilario Padilla. 2013. A high-yielding, water-saving innovation combining SRI with plastic cover on no-till raised beds in Sichuan, China. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 94-109. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Gathorne-Hardy, Alfred, D. Narasimha Reddy, and Barbara Harriss-White. A Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of greenhouse gas emissions from SRI and flooded rice production in SE India. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 120-125. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Rajakishore, S. K., P. Doraisamy, K.S. Subramanian, and M.Maheswari. 2013. Methane emission patterns and their associated soil microflora with SRI and conventional systems of rice cultivation in Tamil Nadu, India. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 126-134. [acquired January 3, 2014]
- • Setiawan, Budi I., Arief Irmansyah, Chusnul Arif, Tsugihiro Watanabe, Masaru Mizoguchi, and Hisaaki Kato. 2013. Effects of groundwater level on CH4 and N2O emissions under SRI paddy management in Indonesia. Taiwan Water Conservancy Journal 61(4): 135-146. [acquired January 3, 2014]
New Links from our Website to Online Publications (2014)
(see also Latest Research directly above and Recent Uploads below for new material on our
- SRI-LMB Newsletter. vol 2, issue 2, December 2014. [This issue contains updates on SRI-Lower Mekong Basin Project's activities in Cambodia, Laos and Thailand for the second half of 2014, and an item on the recent International Workshop on SRI Equipment at AIT]. The SRI-LMB Project is coordinated by ACISAI at the Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand.]
- RRA Network Malkangiri. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) with the rainfed tribal farmers of Malkangiri. WASSAN website. (8p. pdf) [Accessed Jan 2, 2015]
- PRADAN. 2014. NewsReach Magazine. 14(5): 1-49. September/October edition. [PRADAN's bimonthly on livelihoods and development in India.]
Articles on SRI in this issue:
- Norman Uphoff. India in 2050: ' More Crop Per Drop' in India. pp. 1-5.
- Barah, B. C., Shipra Singh and Amit Kumar. Study: Adoption and dis-adoption of SRI: A study of the dynamics. pp. 18-30.
- Mukherjee, Kuntal. Partnering with civil societies: Enhancing food security of farmers in Chhattisgarh. pp. 37-45.
- Le Nguyet, Minh et al. Forum: Open letter to the 4th International Rice Congress. pp 46-48.
- MCE-A and Oxfam. 2014. System of Rice Intensification: Trial and potential in Timor-Leste. Oxfam New Zealand website. July. (18p. pdf) [Report of an Oxfam-sponsored project carried out by the Movimento Cooperativo Economico-Agricola (MCE-A)] [accessed Dec. 1, 2014]
- Styger, Erika, and Devon Jenkins. 2014. Technical manual for SRI in West Africa: Improving and scaling up of the System of Rice Intensification in West Africa (verson 2). SRI West Africa website. (56p pdf) [ Written for the project "Improving and Scaling Up the System of Rice Intensification in West Africa" implemented by the West African Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP) and jointly coordinated by CNS-RIZ in Mali, and SRI-Rice at Cornell University.]
- Dhananjaya, B. N. 2014. International Workshop on Recent Changes in Rice Production and Rural Livelihoods: New insights on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) as a Socio Technical Movement in India (final report). (5p. pdf) Share4Change.org website. [Final workshop report for the event which was held in New Delhi, June 19-21, 2014]. [accessed July 17, 2014]
- Bicksler, Abram, and Rebecca Garofano (eds.). 2014. SRI Innovations. ECHO Asia Notes. Issue 21, June 2014. [Includes five articles from Asia about SRI, mostly about tools used for planting SRI in Thailand.]
- Dill, Johannes, Georg Deichert, and Le Thi Nguyet Thu (eds.). 2014. Promoting the System of Rice Intensification: Lessons learned from Trà Vinh Province, Viet Nam. Infoagro website. July. (25p) [A publication of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in collaboration with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)]. [accessed May 14, 2014]
- 2014. Building a new agricultural future. Oxfam Issue Briefing. Oxfam America website. April 2014.[Oxfam's report on supporting agroecology around the world. SRI box is on page 7.]
- 2013. SRI method of wheat cultivation. Preservation and Proliferation of Rural Resources and Nature (PRAN) website. [Basic instruction on how to implement the System of Wheat Intensification.] [added April 5, 2014]
- Abraham, Binju, Hailu Araya, et al. 2014. The system of crop intensification: Reports from the field on improving agricultural production, food security, and resilience to climate change for multiple crops. Agriculture & Food Security 3:(4): 1-26. doi:10.1186/2048-7010-3-4 (review article) [see also longer SCI monograph] [accessed February 28, 2014]
- Abdelrasoul, Ahmed, Abigail Childs et al. 2013. WARC: Pioneering high - yield rice production in Sierra Leone: Recommendations for an outgrower model. SIPA Columbia University website. May 13. [Report for the West Africa Rice Company by students from Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs] [accessed January 27, 2014]
Recent Documents Uploaded on our Website (2014) (Includes new pages added to the SRI-Rice website)
- Adhikari, Prabhakar. 2014. Pragati, Koraput experiences in System of Ragi Intensification. SRI-Rice website. (12p., 2.23 MB pdf) [Pragati's 2014 experiences with Ragi Intensification, which reached 1,215 farmers on 824 acres in Koraput district, Odisha, India.] [uploaded January 3, 2014]
- 2014. Unnoticed Green Revolution in Chhattisgarh. System of Rice Intensification website. April. [uploaded December 21, 2014]
- Styger, Erika. 2014. Rice production diagnostic for Chinsali (Chinsali District, Northern Province) and Mfuwe (Mwambe District, Eastern Province), Zambia. SRI-Rice website. September. (51p., 2.45MB pdf) [A report on a trip during April/May 2014 by Erika Styger, SRI-RIce, for the non-profit COMACO company in Lusaka, Zambia, and the David R. Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future at Cornell University.]
- [Rereleased together with CTA] SRI-Rice. 2014. SCI - The System of Crop Intensification: Agroecological innovations for improving agricultural production, food security, and resilience to climate change. SRI International Network and Resources Center (SRI-Rice), Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, and the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), Wageningen, Netherlands. (72p., 5.45MB pdf) [new version uploaded September 2014]
- Reddy, P. Bala Hussain, and S. Sreenivasulu. 2014. Field problems in direct-seeded rice using drumseeder -- and solutions. SRI-Rice website. June 30. (7p. 744KB pdf) [Instructional booklet on drumseeder use for paddy by Krishi Vigyan Kendra staff in two districts of Andhra Pradesh.]
- SRI-Rice. SRI-Rice seminars at Cornell University. SRI-Rice website. April 19.
- Gaoussou Traoré. 2013. Regional workshop for finalizing/launching the project "Improving and Scaling Up of the SRI in West Africa". SRI-Rice website. August. [2013 document uploaded April 8, 2014]
- Ayedegue, Lionel Ulrich O. 2014. Rapport de fun d'activité menee dans cadre FoReVa campagne 2013-2014. SRI-Rice website. January. [French language report on SRI project (June to December 2013) to improve rice productivity through the extension of SRI for lowland rice areas in the Commune of Tchaourou]. [uploaded April 3, 2014]
- Verzola, Roberto. 2014. Seed grower appreciates the resilience to strong winds of SRI-grown rice. System of Rice Intensification website. March 31. (2p, 660KB pdf) [Farmer in Bataan Province in the Philippines documents SRI's resistance to lodging in high winds.] [uploaded March 31, 2014]
- Thiyagarajan, T. M. 2010. My destiny, my profession. System of Rice Intensification website. October. (8 p., 86KB pdf) [Story of T.M. Thiyagarajan and how he came to be a champion of SRI] [uploaded March 28, 2014]
- Verzola, Roberto. 2014. Aringay farmer improves rice yield by 40%. System of Rice Intensification website. March 26. [A woman farmer in La Union Province explains how she came to understand SRI.] [uploaded March 26, 2014]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. SRI-Rice named as a finalist for the 2013 Katerva Award. System of Rice Intensification website. March 7.
- Ngimbu, Henry. 2014. Cameroon joins the SRI club. System of Rice Intensification website. (40p., 1.80 MB pdf) [Report on SRI trainings and follow up in Cameroon by Zambia's Centre for SRI Initiative (CSRII) for the NGO Skills for Development] [uploaded February 14, 2014]
- Aruna, Gerald, and Mendesora United. 2013. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) - Achieving More with Less: A new way of rice cultivation: A manual for facilitators. System of Rice Intensification website. Hardcopy published by CRS. (25p., 1.64MB pdf) [uploaded January/February 2014] (Manual from Sierra Leone).
- SRI-Rice. 2014. SCI - The System of Crop Intensification: Agroecological innovations for improving agricultural production, food security, and resilience to climate change. SRI International Network and Resources Center (SRI-Rice), Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. (72p., 4.07MB pdf)
- For additional documents, check country, research, conference or other crop pages. For docs uploaded during the past 12 months, check also 2013 news archives.
- Video: 2014 (December 25). Pon Vilaiyum Bhoomi 24/12/2014 Part-I. 12:03 min. dd agriculture channel, YouTube. [Successful SRI practices in India and other topics].
- Video: 2014 (May 17). 2:57 min. Daw Khin Aye FFS. shwe yone channel, YouTube. [Video of Farmer Field School results by Metta Foundation's Nargis Post-Cyclone Initiative in Myanmar.] [accessed Dec. 10, 2014]
- Video: 2014 (November 20). SWI yield calculation_ Nalanda Bihar. 19:52 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2014 (November 16). SWI Sowing Jeevika Nalanda Bihar. 13:11 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2014 (November 16). Use of Cono weeder in SRI Jeevika Nalanda Bihar . 13:11 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2014 (November 10). Leading Cambodian Television Network (CTN) broadcasts Neak Srer ( Rice Dragon) November 2014. 18:37 min. Oxfam in Cambodia channel, YouTube. Khmer Language. [Cambodian Television Network (CTN) broadcast about the Rice Dragon, Niek Srer, a weeding tool innovated by women farmers to reduce weeds in the rice paddy.]
- Video: 2014 (November 9). No Weed, More Rice. 4:18 min. Oxfam in Cambodia channel, YouTube. Khmer Language with English subtitles. [The Rice Dragon, Niek Srer, is a weeding tool innovated by women farmers to reduce weeds in the rice paddy. The video is about a marketing campaign by Oxfam to distribute it in Cambodia.]
- Video: 2014 (November 6). Importance of SRI (System of Rice Intensification) in Paddy Cultivation. 3:40 min. ICAR Zonal Project Directorate, Zone-III channel, YouTube. [video produced by trainee of ICAR-ZPD-III, Barapani, Meghalaya, during 3-day training on communicating science through video presentations.
- Video: 2014 (November 3). System of Rice Intensification (SRI) short film (Vietnamese version). 11:03 min. SNV channel, YouTube. [Vietnamese video on drumseeding with SRI, which is a component of the project "Sowing the Seeds of Change - Community-based Climate Change Mitigation through Sustainable Rice Production" funded by DFAT Australia and implemented by SNV Vietnam.]
- Video: 2014 (November 2). Principles of Making Good Seeds & Healthy Seedlings (SRI). 4:28 min. FDIR Cambodia channel, YouTube. [In Khmer with English subtiltes. Produced in Chhnang Province, Cambodia, by Food and Nutrition Security Project (FNSP) of Foundation for International Development/Relief (FIDR), Japan.]
- Video: 2014 (July 1). Motorized Weeder Invention. 9:44. min. Mag-Agri Tayo channel, YouTube. (Tagalog language). [This video from Bicol, Philippines, shows a three-row weeder developed in the Bicol region of the Philippines.] [Accessed Oct. 31, 2014]
- Video: 2014. (October 22). Usage of Drum Seeder and its Benefits _ Chittoor _ SERP-CMSA & Digital Green _A.P. 9:44. min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube. (Telugu language).
- Video: 2014 (October 21). System of Rice Intensification in Cambodia. 6:10 min. Oxfam in Cambodia channel, YouTube. [Reissue of 2011 Oxfam America video originally posted by the Cambodian Media Group.]
- Video: 2014. (September 25). The System of Rice Intensification Songs. 3:46 min. PUNNAGAI TV channel, Youtube. [Songs about SRI broadcast on PUNNAGAI TV in India]
- Video: 2014 (September 23, 2014). Scaleable Ideas: Pitching for Partnerships. 1:23:00 min. Produced by Clinton Global Inititive on Livestream.com. [Caryl Levine, who imports SRI rice through Lotus Foods, is featured 8:30-25:50 minutes of this hour+ video. She was one of the speakers presenting scaleable ideas to donors at this session that was part of the Clinton Global Initiative's 10th Annual meeting, Sept 21-24, 2014. Her project was rice mills with CEDAC in Cambodia.]
- Video: 2013 (November 19). Padi Sistem SRI. 25:04 min. zanit fatham channel, YouTube. [accessed Sept. 21, 2014]
- Video: 2014 (September 16, 2014). Scaling up the System of Rice Intensification and System of Wheat Intensification in Bihar, India. 48 min. Cornell Transnational Learning channel, YouTube. [Presentation at Cornell University by Anil Kumar, Executive Director of the NGO PRAN, PRAN's SRI and SCI work in Bihar, India]
- Video: 2014 (August 26, 2014). Irrigation and Weeding Management in SRI PANI IILD. 7:05 min. pani iild channel. Youtube.
- Video: 2014. (August 26, 2014). Pon Vilaiyum Bhoomi 25/08/2014 Part-II. 15:12. min. ddagriculture channel, Youtube.
- Video: 2014 (August 21, 2014) System of Rice Intensification. 3:22 min. madhukar patel channel, Youtube. [Indian dialect video about SRI in Bilaspar, Chhatishgarh. This video has a good section on using the roller marker for transplanting.]
- [accessed July 24, 2014] Video:. 2013 (October 6). Roller Planting Marker เด็กทำนาง่าย. 0:32 min. Supachai Pitiwut channel, Youtube. [Thai-language video demonstrating use and design of Roller marker for SRI.]
- [accessed July 24, 2014] Video: .2013 (September 17). Roller Planting Marker V2.0 -2. 0:34 min. Supachai Pitiwut channel, Youtube. [Thai-language video demonstrating work of SRI Roller marker outside field.]
- [accessed July 24, 2014] Video:. 2013 (September 5). 3D-Roller Planting Marker ชาวนาวันหยุด. 0:44 min. Supachai Pitiwut channel, Youtube. [Thai-language video showing 3D design and construction of SRI Roller marker.]
- [accessed July 24, 2014] Video:. 2013 (December 6). Reinforcing food security in Timbuktu. 3:56 min. Abt Associates channel, YouTube. [IICEM, USAID/Mali's cornerstone economic growth program under the U.S. government's Feed the Future initiative, talks about SRI, rice inputs and markets in Timbuktu.]
- [accessed July 9, 2014]. Audio (and transcript) 2014 (June): 미NGO, 쌀 증산 신기술 북에 전수(U.S. NGO expands rice production technology transfer to the north). 1:53 min. Radio Free Asia audioclip. [Korean language broadcast about American Friend Service work with SRI in plastic trays in North Korea.]
- [accessed July 9, 2014]. Video: 2012 (May 22). Improving rice production in North Korea (DPRK). 2:28 min. AFSCvideos channel, YouTube. [An SRI adaptation that uses plastic trays.]
- Video: 2014 (June 23). System of Rice Intensification - Kurt Unkel Planting. 2:58 min. Talor Frey channel, YouTube. [Kurt Unkel, a Louisiana farmer undertakes trials with SRI on his farm.]
- [accessed June 30, 2014]. Video: 2014 (February 25). SRI Cultivation Warangal. 5:59 min. Produced and directed by Kiranmayi (Timeline Digital Solutions presentation). timeline channel, YouTube. [Telugu video about and SRI project in Talengana state in India]
- Video: 2014 (June 16). Conoweeder se Kharpatvar niyantran MP. 7:29 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube. [Use of the conoweeder in India]
- Video: 2014 (June 7). Rice transplanting in SRI method Odia VARRAT Odisha. 12:27 min. digitalgreenorg channel, YouTube.
- [accessed June 9, 2014]. TV Broadcast: 2014 (May 5). Nano (May 5 TV show). 27:45 (broadcast about SRI is 13:40-20:40). Online at ZDFMediathek. [Material from Bettina Weiz about the world record with SRI in India and how SRI helps small farmers and the environment through the reduction of inputs and agrochemicals.]
- Video: 2013 (March 25). System of Rice Intensification Practices - 农广天地]水稻强化栽培技术. 24:38 min. CCTV channel 7 (Agriculture Channel), China [This Chinese SRI adaptation, known as the Triangular SRI system, suggests transplanting single seedlings from plastic trays at 2- to 4-leaf stage in a triangular pattern (3 hills to a unit, forming a small triangle with 6~10 cm between each other; 25~50cm between each unit). AWD and a mix of compost and inorganic fertilizer are used]. [accessed May 2014]
- Video: 2014 (April 18). SRI. 24;06 min. Tri Wahyudi Channel, YouTube. (Bahasa Indonesia) [accessed May 3, 2014]
- Video: 2014 (January 7). Kronologi Ringkas SRI Kg. Sungai Pinang: Dari Tumpat ke SRI Lovely Kedah. 4:36 min. Febri Doni Channel, YouTube. [in In Bahasa Malaysia - Two workshops - in Kelantan and Kedah provinces in Malaysia during Dec. 2013] [accessed May 2, 2014.]
- Video: 2014 (April 9). Gbadomi Komla Abèl from Kovié talks about his SRI experiences. 4:32 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. (Fr.) [Devon Jenkins interviews a rice farmer in Togo about his experience with SRI farming techniques.]
- Video: 2014 (April 9). Kokou Joseph Adokanou from Zio River Valley in S. Togo talks about his SRI experience. 3:11min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. (Fr.) [Kokou Joseph Adokanou is one of the farmers who attended a Peace Corps regional training in September 2012, and upon returning began testing out SRI.]
- Video: 2014 (April 9). A female farmer in Notsé plateau region in Togo. 3:44 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. (Fr.) [Interview with a farmer who benefited from recent training to improve the water control, but her experience with SRI was more muted.]
- Video: 2014 (April 9). Kpasséou Skalo from Notsé plateau region in Togo talks about his SRI exp. 2:23 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [Interview with one of the 10 SRI-trained farmers near Somé Kopé region, who enthusiastically adopted SRI and during his first year decide to plant 0.25 ha, which he increased to 0.5 ha in his second year. His yields using SRI have gone from 0.2-2.4 t/ha to 4t/ha with SRI.]
- [accessed April 20, 2013]. Video: (December 18). Les atouts et prespectives du système de riziculture intensive. 43:48 min. Peacecorps Togo Channel, YouTube. [Special about SRI on theTogo national television station.]
- 2013. (December 18). Les six étapes du système de riziculture intensive. 2:38 min. Peacecorps Togo Channel, YouTube.
- 2013. (December 18). Système de riziculture intensive - Interview des paysans . 2:44 min. Peacecorps Togo Channel, YouTube.
- 2013. (December 18). Gros plan sur le Système de riziculture intensive. 20:12 min. Peacecorps Togo Channel, YouTube.
- 2013. (December 18). Formation des paysans au système de riziculture intensive. 2:14 min. Peacecorps Togo Channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2014 (April 11). System of Rice Intensification (SRI) - Farm in Zarraga, Iloilo. 10:18 min. Joby Arandela Channel, YouTube. [Video of a seminar about the Zarraga SRI Demo Farm (Iloilo) made at the Central Philippine University (CPU) College of Agriculture, Resources and Environmental Science (CARES)]
- [added to website April 13, 2014] Video: 2013. (October 1) Recap: Bees, Chickens, Rice, Antibiotics. 24:27 min. Shamba Shape-Up S3E13/Series 3, Episode 13. Produced by MEDIAE.org. [This video, which is an episode of the Kenyan TV show Shamba Shape-Up, is available in English and Swahili. The section on SRI is the first 7:20 minutes of the episode.]
- [accessed March 28, 2014] Video: 2014. (March 26). SRI Transplanting. Produced by Zhoucen Feng. 0:54 min. SRI in northern Haiti channel, YouTube. [iF Foundation SRI project supervised by SRI-Rice intern Zhoucen Feng in northern Haiti]
- [uploaded March 14, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 14). SRI Farmer in Liberia. 2:32 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [A rice farmer in Liberia talks about his experience on farming with SRI techniques.]
- [uploaded March 14, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 14). CARI Researchers in Liberia. 3:37min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [Researchers from CARI, Central Agricultural Research Institute, talk about the SRI-experience in Liberia]
- [uploaded March 14, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 14). Sam Bimba talks about the CHAPS SRI plots in Liberia. 4:16 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube.
- [uploaded March 14, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 14). Practices of SRI methods in Chattisgarh, India (English Version). 5:30 min. Written and produced by Tom Pietrasik. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [see also Hindi version] [This video was made by Tom Pietrasik in collaboration with Jacob Nellithanam and shows the direct seeding of SRI in rainfed rice. The tools depicted were developed by Nrayana Reddy, one of the earliest farmers to experiment with SRI in India.]
- [uploaded March 7, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 7). Single row manual weeder demo in Liberia. 0:19 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [ A weeder sent to Liberia from the USA for trials with the System of Rice Intensification.]
- [uploaded March 7, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 7). Interview with Elizabeth Bimba on SRI (Liberia). 2:39 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [Elizabeth Bimba talks about how and why she is adopting the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Zubah Town, Paynesvilles, Monrovia, Liberia]
- [uploaded March 7, 2014] Video: 2014 (March 7). Interview with Robert Bimba on SRI in Liberia . 5:24 min. SRI-Rice Channel, Youtube. [Video statement by Robert Bimba, Vice President of the Liberia Farmer Association, who learned about SRI during the SRI West workshop in Burkina Faso in July 2012]
- [accessed February 19, 2014] Video: 2014 (February 3). System of Rice Intensification SRI transplanting. 5:06 min. FIDR Cambodia channel, YouTube. [Khmer with English subtitles]
- [accessed January 25, 2014] Video: 2013 (October 14). System of Wheat Intensification (SWI) - IPM Project FAO Afghanistan. 9:36 min. Shafiullah Baryalai channel, YouTube. Dari language. [see also English version.]
- [accessed December 3, 2013] Video: 2013 (March 2). Bihar farmer sets world record in rice production. 7:18 min. ndtvindia channel, YouTube. [Hindi language video about a farmer from Bihar's Nalanda district who set a new record in rice production beating the existing world record held by Chinese farmer.]
A series of videos made by Peace Corps volunteers in Togo.
Posters presented at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), Bangkok, Thailand, Oct. 27-31, 2014 [Uploaded December 2014]
- Farmer evaluation of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and the conventional rice cultivation rice cultivation in Benin. Pascal Gbenou, Kakanitchoé, Adjohoun, Benin; Noukpo Agossou, Department of Geography, University of Calavi, Benin; and Marjolein Visser, Department of Ecology, Free University of Brussels (IRC14-0958)
- Application of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) principles in sustainable rice production in Bhutan. N. Chhogyel, M. Ghimirey, and Y. Bajgai.
- Integrated System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Climate-resilient technology to enhance crop and water productivity. A. K. Thakur, R. K. Mohanty, Ashwani Kumar,Directorate of Water Management/ICAR, Bhubaneswar, India (IRC14-0237)
- Gender issues in the introduction of mechanical weeding with System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Insights village studies in Odisha, India. Sabarmatee, SAMBHAV; C. Shambu Prasad, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (IRC14-0937)
- The roots of the "root revolution": PreGreen Revolution antecedents of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in India. Dominic Glover, IDS-Sussex, UK (IRC14-0614)
- Root morphology and anatomy of rice plants cultivated under System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Nurul Hidayati, Triadiati, Iswandi Anas; Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia (IRC14-0616)
- Physiological and morphological changes in rice plants under System of Rice Intensification (SRI) management and its effects on increasing yield. Nurul Hidayati, Triadiati, Iswandi Anas; Bogor Agric. Univ. (IPB), Indonesia (IRC14-0595)
- Rice ratooning with high yield is possible! Iswandi Anas, Nindya Ayu Utari, Yolla Vivi Sukmasakti, Rahayu Wijdyastuti; Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia (IRC14-0991)
- Water management of yield-record-holding SRI farmer in Indonesia: A case study and its implications. K. Toriyama, S. Yokoyama, Japanese International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, Tsukuba (IRC14-0926)
- Participation and impact of rice cultivation training: The case of SRI in Madagascar. S. Yokoyama, Japanese International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (IRC14-0504)
- Doing organic SRI: Some determining factors. Wan Nur’ashiqin Wan Mohamad, Nur Izzad Fahmi Abdu Rahim, Abidah Ashari , Anizan Isahak, Febri Doni, Wan Mohtar Wan Yusoff; School of Environmental and Natural Resources Sciences, and School of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Use of Trichoderma species in enhancing rice productivity. Febri Doni, Anizan Isahak, Wan Mohtar, Che Radziah, National University of Malaysia (UKM)
- System of Rice Intensification (SRI): An opportunity to improve the productivity and resilience of African rice production. Minamba Bagayoko, Gaoussou Traoré, Institut d’Economie Rurale, Bamako, Mali; Erika Styger, Devon Jenkins, SRI-Rice, Cornell University (IRC14-0661)
- Improving and scaling up the System of Rice Intensification in West Africa. Devon Jenkins, Erika Styger, SRI-Rice, Cornell University; Gaoussou Traoré, Minamba Bagayoko, Institut d’Economie Rurale, Bamako, Mali; (IRC14-0675)
- Agroecology (AE) in Sri Lanka: Oxfam interventions. Chaminda Fernando, Oxfam, Sri Lanka
- The System of Rice Intensification (SRI): A suitable technique, new approach, and bright perspective for small rice farmers in SE Asia to ensure food security and adaptation of climate change. Hoang Van Phu, Thai Nguyen University (IRC14-0977)
- The evolution of System of Rice Intensification: What have we learned? Le Minh, E. Tumusiime, Dang Bao Nguyet, Oxfam America (IRC14-1350)
- Development of appropriate equipment for use with the System of Rice Intensification. Lucy Fisher, SRI-Rice, Cornell University (IRC14-0627)
- Wayayoka, Aimrun, Mohd Amin Mohd Soom, Khalina Abdana, and Umar Mohammeda. 2014. Impact of mulch on weed infestation in System of Rice Intensification (SRI) farming. 28 slides. Presentation at the 2nd International Conference on Agricultural and Food Engineering, CAFEi2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 1-3, 2014. [Accessed Dec. 10, 2014]
- 2014. System of Rice Intensification Research - A Review: 1993-2003. 22 slides. Presentation by Erika Styger at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok, Thailand, October 31, 2014.
- The System of Rice Intensification in China: Research Dynamic and Innovative Adaptations. 19 slides. Presentation by Zhoucen Feng, at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok, Thailand, October 31.
- Mati, Bancy, R. K. Wanjogu, et al. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Africa: A Win-Win Technology with Multiple Benefits for Farmers and Climate Change Adaptation in Africa. Presentation at the Fourth Conference on Climate Change and Development in Africa (CCDA-IV) Marrakesh, Morocco, October 8-10.
- 2014. Scaling Up of System of Rice Intensification and System of Wheat Intensification in Bihar, India. 38 slides. Presentation by Anil K. Verma at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, September 15. [uploaded September 18, 2014]
- 2014. 22 PowerPoint presentations from the Conference on System of Rice Intensification: Research Issues, Priorities and Prospects, held August 12-13, 2014, in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. (The event was organized by the Livolink Foundation with support from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust and Allied Trusts, Mumbai (SDTT)) [Accessed August 24, 2014]
- [accessed July 23, 2014] Weerasooriya, G.V.T.V. 2013. Design, development and testing of combined manual weeder and marker for row planted paddy (SRI method). Presentation at the Faculty of Agriculture Rajarata University of Si Lanka, February 7. (23p., 1.26MB pdf)
- 2014. 32 presentations from the International SRI research seminar on recent changes in rice prouduction and rural livelihoods: New Insights on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) as a socio-technical movement in India, June 19-21, at the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NASC), New Delhi.
- 2014. System of rice intensification, a sustainable method to increase crop production. 43 slides. Presentation by Damini Thawait, Dept. of Agronomy, Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Chhattisgarh. (slideshare) [Accessed June 18, 2014]
- 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Introduction to KGVK and Usha Martin University. 25 slides. Presentation by Yezdi P. Karai at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, May 22. [uploaded May 26, 2014]
- 2014. 22 PowerPoint presentations from the SDTT-SRI Partners Meet (see list at bottom of page). Presentations about SRI from the National Level Meet of SDTT-SRI Partners, March 21-22, 2014, at Raipur, Chhattisgarh. [Accessed May 2014]
- 2014. Experiencias del SRI en RD. 32 slides. PowerPoint presentation by Manuel Sanchez (IICA) and Juan Arthur, Dominican Republic (Spanish). [uploaded April 27, 2014]
- 2013. Le SRI à Kovié La Vallée du Zio, Région Maritime. Presentation by Kokou Joseph Adokanou and Verónica Marzariegos, Kovié, Togo. November 2013. [uploaded April 27, 2014]
- 2014. Agricultural Water Savings by SRI for Future Water Management in Sichuan, China. 59 slides. Presentation by Zheng Jiaguo, Sichuan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, at the SRI-Rice seminar series, Cornell University, April 15. [uploaded April 17, 2014]
- Styger, Erika. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Opportunities for Liberia. 30 slides. PowerPoint presentation for the Agriculture Coordination Committee (ACC), Ministry of Agriculture, Monrovia, Liberia on February 17. [uploaded February 17, 2014]
- Pandian, B. J. 2013. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) - An Adaptation Strategy to Climate An Adaptation Strategy to Climate Change. Water Technology Centre (ANGRAU) website. 28 slides. pdf of PowerPoint presentation at the Conference on Water Management Strategies under Changing Climate at the Water Technology Centre, Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU)] [accessed 1/2/14]
- See also other recent slide presentations on our SRS Slideshare site. The latest of
the 360+ PowerPoint presentations will appear at the top of the list.
- Markers, Weeders, Equipment, Transplanters, Thailand albums updated (July, 2014)
- Haiti photo album updated (June 2014)
- Togo photo album updated (April 2014)
- Liberia photo album updated (March 2014)
- Cameroon photo album created (February 2014)
- Sierra Leone photo album created (February 2014)
- Douentza photo album updated (January 2014)
- See the SRS Picasa Collection for our latest photo albums. They can be sorted by upload date from a button at the upper right hand corner.